shape
carat
color
clarity

Input on vintage ring (and Stone)

poppins

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am thinking about this ring and would very much appreciate some input from PSrs. I started another thread in The antique and vintage section, but I figure that asking here might be a better idea. Does this seem to be a purchase to consider or not? More pictures and more info in The other thread.Pictures are from vendor.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vintage-diamond-worth-considering-or-pass.247077/

Old cut (not more specified than that) , approximately 0.8.,clarity unknown. Thank for looking!
_20190223_141149.JPG _20190223_141953.JPG

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be helpful to provide a link to the other thread if you want people to have a look.;)2

poppins

Rough_Rock
It would be helpful to provide a link to the other thread if you want people to have a look.;)2
Good point :idea:. Thank you tyty333! Link now included.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is extremely yellow. Is that the goal?
I can see black inclusions in the second pic.

What’s the cost of this?

poppins

Rough_Rock
It is extremely yellow. Is that the goal?
I can see black inclusions in the second pic.

What’s the cost of this?
Hi Niel, thanks for replying. The cost is approximately 1300 usd. And to be clear, this is not a question about a project that I am actively thinking of in the way that I have been looking for a certain kind of stone. I came across this and became a bit tempted. But I (obviously) know too little of old cuts to tell if this is terrible or if I should consider getting it for this price. The PS input is for keeping me from making impulsive jewelry mistakes and spending my money instead of saving up for something nice. For a "real" project I would go with a trusted PS vendor . Just the jewelry bug that gets to you sometimes, you know. Maybe this setting is also really a bit too clumsy.

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
I’d pass on that one.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pass.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I know we can’t self promote, but there is a nice David Klass OEC set in that carat weight on loupetroop right now ;-)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is priced too high. You can offer the vendor 75%, and that might be fair.
I think for $1300 you can do much better.

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
It's a fun, chunky diamond, and a nice solid ring, but for $1300 at that carat weight I would pass.

poppins

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! I knew I would get solid feed-back from you. I am not very active here, but I read a lot on the boards and I have learned eons from PS. And clearly jewelry quality and choice is far better in the US than in Europe.

International shipping of more expensive jewelry between private persons is tricky, so for most cases (sadly !) Loupetroop doesn't work out.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed that for $1300 it would be a hard pass for me

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results