shape
carat
color
clarity

InnaGemCo Etsy Buyer Beware

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I placed an order with them two weeks back—maybe a week later, the gem hadn’t shipped so I messaged the seller, who said they were at Tucson and would mail the stone soon. It really would have been the right thing for the seller to just let me know that at the outset of the transaction, either with a message, or a simple ‘away from shop’/‘taking a break’ message that Etsy and EBAY offer as a standard setting for and displays as a banner, rather than making me message about it. I was fine with that and even inquired about other gems. Another week passes, no update, email, etc. so I send another message—no reply, and now I realize the shop has been cleared out (there used to be maybe 15-20 gems but now there are none). Small business owners wear multiple hats, everyone is very busy, I get it—but in the case that you are providing a deficient service it’s important to communicate with your customer, especially when you already have their $$. It is such a hassle and waste of my limited time to message the seller and chase this down using Etsy’s dispute system, even though it’s clear the item hasn’t been shipped. I think maybe I was a little naive about the security of shopping on Etsy. Anyways, I just wanted to post a PSA in case it’s helpful. If others have had good experiences, I’d love to know that, as it would be reassuring and would offer a balanced picture of the seller for those shopping in the future.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry you got scammed. Thanks for the heads up!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Strawrose! :geek2:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Indylady did you ever get your gem or a refund? I noticed this seller recently listed a lot of new inventory in their Etsy shop.

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results