shape
carat
color
clarity

In search of 10-year anniversary gift

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Hello Folks,

I'd like to surprise my wife with a RHR ring for our 10 year anniversary. She wears a size 4 on her RH and I know she'd want something as big and flashy as possible. I'd like to stick to $5k. How would you maximize this budget to get the most bling for the buck?

A. 5-stone trellis band in a 1.5-2tcw (.3-.4pt rounds)
We've tried on 1.5tcw bands and the .3s go to the side of her finger. What do you think of placing three .40pts high in the center with two .2's set low and wrapped along the side? She does not like the graduated look but I don't think .40s would physically fit on her finger without being uncomfortable.

B. 3-stone WF butterfly ring with set with (.5 rounds)
Three .50pts would completely cover the top of her finger but I'm not too keen on it looking like another engagement ring vs. a band. I really like this setting though. It looks like something Elves would forge in LOTR.

C. Warm colored Oval diamond with a blinged out halo in rose gold (James Allen presently has a setting for under $1k). Man-made diamond is fine to get substantial finger coverage.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks so much for your help! This is a fun project with no real deadline. Really looking forward to seeing what serious jewelry enthusiasts would recommend!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not knowing her style I can only share what I would love getting as a RHR that is big and flashy. FWIW I like all the above choices you listed.

A big old cut cluster ring. If she loves old cuts. These rings can be so romantic and give lots of bang for the buck if they are beautiful.

A big 3 stone ring as you listed above.

A gorgeous fat chunky pear halo ring.

Would she be OK with a man made diamond? Make sure if you don't know. Some people have strong feelings about that either way.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a good 5 stone. They can be worn with jeans as well as dressed up occasions. I have a 7 stone (thanks to big fingers :twisted2:) that I love
and wear a lot. Its sort of understated elegance IMO but still attracts a lot of attention.

I think you should only do what covers the top of her fingers though...and not go down the sides (for comfort reasons). Just my opinion though.

Agree with others...we need to know what her engagement ring is like. You probably dont want something similar. Can you post a pic?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A full band is the traditional wedding anniversary thing in my part of the world, so I have a feeling for them.

Five stone is a classic also & still a 'band' to me since most look like one; the stones can be larger than in a full band with the ring still as wearable as can be.

Then, a nine stone cluster would be something else, not be a band-like style. They are more showy than just about anything!

2c

syndrome

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

In answer to your questions, her ering looks like this:

She won't be wearing the ering with a band because she's never liked the look of it stacked. She's confirmed created diamond is fine.

Thanks!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a good 5 stone. They can be worn with jeans as well as dressed up occasions. I have a 7 stone (thanks to big fingers :twisted2:) that I love
and wear a lot. Its sort of understated elegance IMO but still attracts a lot of attention.

I think you should only do what covers the top of her fingers though...and not go down the sides (for comfort reasons). Just my opinion though.

Agree with others...we need to know what her engagement ring is like. You probably dont want something similar. Can you post a pic?

+1 to this! My favourite RHR is a 1.25ct 5 stone design, lots of finger coverage (size 5.5), lots of sparkle, very comfortable.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
5 stone rings are very versatile and go with everything! If she doesn't like the graduated look, maybe go with the biggest size that will fit on her finger?

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Fat pear !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results