shape
carat
color
clarity

ID jewelry

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
it seems like ID jewelry comes very highly recommended by veterans here on PS. I feel though that they can't be completely trusted when it comes to a new customer ? I put my blind faith in them assuming they are totally trustworthy given that PSERS sing their praises and I am a novice so I trust this board and the expertise and resources it provides. but in the past few years I have gone to them twice and both times they have pushed poor quality, uncerted, overpriced stones on me, even after I mention pricescope. my ignorance probably showed but I still knew that I was being taken advantage of and I was pretty disheartened . just trying to reconcile all this

cxr133

Shiny_Rock
uh oh why this post now i am trying to deal with them and get pricescope opinions :( on their stones

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have to admit, I didn’t have a great experience with ID Jewelry either, but it seems like I’m vastly in the minority here. I would never purchase from them again, but that’s just me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear you have not had a good experience with them @yasssss . Did it have anything to do with your budget and expectations? Sometimes they
dont match up so they offer what they can to meet your specs in your budget. After you expressed that you only wanted GIA/AGS certed stones
did they work with you?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When did this happen, who did you work with, what were you buying, what was your budget, what did they sell you? Any pics? You’re giving us no information and randomly choosing to post now?

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
I did not end up buying from them.
I worked with yekutiel both times. Once was in person when I was visiting new york in 2016 and once was more recently over email. The first time I was inquiring about a new wedding band for my self and an engagement ring for a family member. I'd rather not say what I was asking about recently because it was very recent.

I'm sorry is even posting something negative about them not allowed? Was just wondering if I'm the only one who has had a less than stellar experience and wanted others to know to just approach with caution, despite the flood of positive reviews. I didnt feel like the experience was any different from a visit to LAs notorious diamond mart where I went before I was engaged to look around with my fiance, but knew we would be swindled and didnt buy

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. I've had nothing but outstanding experiences with them, but of course every situation is different. I was mildly frustrated with the first person I worked with there (not Yekutiel), but once I asked for him everything was great. I wouldn't hesitate to work with them again, but not everyone will have the same experience.

EDIT. I don't think it's fair to say they "can't be trusted with a new customer". I was a totally new customer and they provided excellent service. Perhaps what you wanted and what you could afford didn't match up?

Yekutiel

Shiny_Rock
Very interesting thread.. It just shows how valuable we are to the pricescope community

We’d like to offer our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you experienced in your transactions with I.D jewelry. We pride ourselves in being able to provide each and every client with exactly what they request in a timely and effective manner.
I’d like to address each of your grievances to see if there can be any sort of alleviation.

We’d like offer our sincerest apologies if at any point in your transaction we came across untrustworthy.

To the contrary our 32 year old business is built mainly on just that virtue of Trust. Actually, we work much harder with new incoming clients just for that reason. We work harder to instill a feeling of security and confidence, because we know that there are many other jewelry companies that don’t operate as honestly as they should. And for returning customers the undertaking is just as vigorous because we need have them feel that we still value their business and look forward to their return each and every time.
You mentioned that we “pushed” poorer quality and/or uncerted diamonds. Firstly, we don’t push. We offer our clients a verity of options and allow them the opportunity to choose which fit their budget best. If higher and/or uncerted diamonds don’t fit the budget a client is working with then there isn’t really much more we can do. We can’t give things away for less than what they cost us.
You also mention over priced stones... that can not be further from the truth. Take any of our products and compare them side by side with any other vendor with the same quality and, bar none, our prices are always less or as just competitive.
You also mentioned thinking that you were ignorant. Far from it. Any individual that walked through our doors, or has any business interaction with us at I.D. Jewelry leaves with a full and comprehensive education on all diamond aspects and variations. If by chance an uneducated consumer crosses our path they will never be able to say that they are “uneducated” in the diamond field. We make it our goal to make sure each client is educated in what they are getting and what their options are. It’s only that way they can understand and appreciate the outstanding product we are offering them. Thank God We pride ourselves in running our business without ever having to have taken advantage of anyone. If anything I am the one that gets taken advantage of. We offer a product with the intent of having a person who is able to appreciate its value...not to have someone feel as if they have been taken for a ride. Every option and variable is explained and discussed. And we only move forward once a client has understood and agree to every variable & is completely satisfied with their purchase.

I believe it is true not one company can satisfy every customer they have ever interacted with. Thank God there are other companies they can take their business too.

My purpose as a jeweler is to make people happy and have and them share their happiness with me.

As you can see from all our glowing reviews on Yelp… Google. Trustpilot…and on and on. And lets not forget Pricescope.. We must be doing something right.
I hope that this will help you feel reassured that you can always Trust and Rely on I.D. Jewelry and especially me Yekutiel.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not end up buying from them.
I worked with yekutiel both times. Once was in person when I was visiting new york in 2016 and once was more recently over email. The first time I was inquiring about a new wedding band for my self and an engagement ring for a family member. I'd rather not say what I was asking about recently because it was very recent.

I'm sorry is even posting something negative about them not allowed? Was just wondering if I'm the only one who has had a less than stellar experience and wanted others to know to just approach with caution, despite the flood of positive reviews. I didnt feel like the experience was any different from a visit to LAs notorious diamond mart where I went before I was engaged to look around with my fiance, but knew we would be swindled and didnt buy

Of course people come here to post both good and bad reviews but they usually give more detail other than I’ve gone to them twice and they can’t be trusted with new customers. If you don’t want to give more information, that’s your prerogative but then you’re not telling the whole story and how should we be expected to view the situation? If someone were looking for a 1ct round stone on a $2k budget, I wouldn’t be surprised if they offered uncerted stones bc the initial ask is unrealistic so it’s all about context. You’re also not giving the vendor a chance to own up to it and try to rectify your disappointment (not that you are obligated to let them, but I don’t personally measure vendors solely based on good reviews but also by how they handle a poor review/difficult situation).

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed. There's more to this story; left as is the post does not mean too much because there are so many factors involved in pleasing a client. Some people are just not easy to please, regardless of a businesses attempt to help or make things right. If your expectations were unrealistic it's very possible that you would leave their store unhappy.

I've never dealt with IDJ, but good communication goes a long way- for client and business. Thank you to @Yekutiel for posting.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it seems like ID jewelry comes very highly recommended by veterans here on PS. I feel though that they can't be completely trusted when it comes to a new customer ? I put my blind faith in them assuming they are totally trustworthy given that PSERS sing their praises and I am a novice so I trust this board and the expertise and resources it provides. but in the past few years I have gone to them twice and both times they have pushed poor quality, uncerted, overpriced stones on me, even after I mention pricescope. my ignorance probably showed but I still knew that I was being taken advantage of and I was pretty disheartened . just trying to reconcile all this

Welcome back! I remember you Bc of your ring! You can and should voice your experience. It helps if you list the facts to support your concern. I also see that you described the LA jewelry mart as a place that you would be swindled. I disagree. I go there from time to time and have met many jewelers and have yet to meet one that I would describe as a swindler. It’s true, there are many in the mart, but that’s why it’s almost impossible to be swindled if you know your stuff.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your experience. I do feel like chiming in when I read posts about vendors I have personal experience with. I worked with ID Jewelry for a few months, Shulamit specifically, and she tirelessly found me the most beautiful emerald cut. She never once was pushy nor did she get frustrated at the countless stones I turned out. Her communication was prompt, at times I felt like I was her only customer as she was so good at communicating with me and presenting me with new options. They beat any competitor’s price and I would go back to them in a heartbeat. I am thankful for them and feel that we need to share positive and negative experiences:)

Hope you find the right vendor for whatever it is you are looking for.

Elmira19

Rough_Rock
I just placed an order with them, for the first time. Hopefully I’ll be happy with what I’ve got because I really love their prices and selection. I ordered diamond jackets with them, Lana said all their diamonds are great quality. And I have a question for you guys, I read that they have eBay quality and PS quality, how do I know what I’m getting? o_O

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m no diamond guru but I have and do buy diamonds online.
I checked out the ID Jewelry website and I found it quite straightforward.
Yes, they sell diamonds with certificates, diamonds without certificates, yes, they sell Clarity Enhanced diamonds and yes, they even sell diamond “substitutes” but it is quite clear “which is which”.
If you are a buyer with say a $10,000 budget for an engagement ring you have a number of options, as above, according to the ID website.
If you were to say “Show me all your diamonds that cost $10,000 or less” you would be shown different diamonds (including those with no certificates and even those that are clarity enhanced because ID jewellery does sell them) than if you had said “I want a certified diamond with G or higher colour and no lower than VVS Clarity”.
So maybe the OP didn’t phrase his/her enquiry fully and he/ she was shown “lesser diamonds” than he/she was expecting or wanting to see?
Or maybe what the OP wanted or expected for their $$$$ wasn’t offered (unrealistic OP expectation ? / diamond(s) not in stock or available through ID?).
In any regard, plenty of other vendors for the OP to try.

kathness

Shiny_Rock
I worked with IDJ specifically @Yekutiel in 2015 to purchase our diamond and he was extremely helpful. I also purchased my sapphire studs and diamond jackets from them and helped a friend buy another diamond from them in 2016. I haven't bought anything recent from them so I'm not sure the quality of customer service is like now. But I do wish is the same as I have a few things i want to buy from my wish list!

@yasssss from my experience they have never pushed for lower quality product but i dare say, everyone's experience is different. I hope you're able to resolve any issues with them.

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am a current customer of IDJ and I work with Yekutiel. In fact, as we speak, my 5 carat tennis bracelet is arriving today. Hooray! This will be my 3rd purchase from them in 5 months! You are certainly entitled to your opinion and no one here will bash you for that but i feel I must relate my experience with them. Yekutiel has never been pushed anything on me. If anything, he has always been honest with me regarding the pieces I have chosen: ie this piece is for you, this piece is not for you etc. also, regarding their pricing, in my opinion, their items are below what you would pay, even from Costco! Just compare the tennis bracelets from Costco website vs ID website and you will see. And I also own some diamonds from Costco as well. Putting the Id diamonds next to Costco, I do not see a difference in the diamonds at all. Finally, I am situated in Texas while he is in NY and I just pick up the phone, speak with him, he sends the invoice, I pay, and it is done! Would I trust spending that kind of money to just anyone, especially online?! No! Only to IDJ. They would not be in Business for that long if they were squirmy, especially because today’s diamond consumer is more educated thanks to the internet and YouTube. I’m already saving money for my next purchase from them in the summer :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never ordered anything from ID jewelry but I don’t think it’s fair to scare off potential customers without stating exactly happened to you. You should not be afraid to be truthful but you shouldn’t make comments like that without giving them the chance to respond to your concerns. Your statement would make me hesitant to purchase from them and I realize that’s not fair to them. Please describe what happened to you so we can understand.

skylarr

Rough_Rock
Back in 2014 you had posted your wedding band and said you loved it and it was from IDJ. Curious to know why the change of opinion?

Just my personal experience, my fiance had reached out to IDJ before and even though we didn't end up going with them, Yekutiel was able to provide us with a great stone at a great price, not once did we feel like he pressured us into making a decision.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recommended them to a friend of mine here in the UK. She’d been burgled and had all her jewellery stolen, so based on PS recs, I told her to check them out. She was able to order 2 rings from them with her insurance money, and was absolutely thrilled with her purchases.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've also not heard too many bad things from posters here about IDJ. Sure, some people just "mesh" with a certain vendor and so will choose another vendor over IDJ (Perfectly understandable. That's why there's multiple vendors to choose from), but I've never heard any reports of IDJ conducting shady business practices like pushing poor quality stones on people or trying to overcharge newcomers. I do know that they price match or try to beat the prices of other online retailers, and with the level of detailed service they provide compared to some of the online drop-shippers, I would certainly not call them overpriced. And most people who have worked with IDJ, whether they ultimately decided to purchase from them or not, have only great things to say about them.

I agree. There must be more to this story that we're not hearing. As others have said, if IDJ presents a customer with options that are within their budget, that does not necessarily mean they're "pushing" the diamonds on them.

@yasssss did you try to price match what IDJ was offering with comparable products from other vendors?

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry your experiences with IDJ have been less than ideal. I will say that I don't believe any retailer can please all the people all the time and echo what others have said that communication and how retailers handle issues is key. I wouldn't say I put my blind faith in them, but I have had two experiences with IDJ (both within the past six months). My first experience was an online order of a stock "non-PS quality" item, which resulted in me returning it. Though it was still a beautiful piece (and I am certain better quality and pricing than any mall or chain jeweler would offer), the size didn't work for me and I wanted to upgrade the diamonds to PS quality. I had no issues with communication throughout the purchasing process and no issues with the return/refund. My second experience was in-store, where we discussed a couple projects. Though some comments were made about "going bigger" with the diamonds, I took the comments in jest and and they created a beautiful band for me at a very fair price (which coincidentally, I just received today and will post on SMTB). I will definitely work with them in the future on other projects.

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's telling that one of the first comments on this thread is from Yekutiel, of IDJ, because that shows how in-touch he is with Pricescope and how willing he is to understand and rectify a situation that was less than perfect with a customer!
I am so sorry to hear that you, OP, had a negative experience with IDJ. It would be helpful to many if you would be willing to elaborate and share the details of what happened to you, because doing so would help put it all in perspective for everybody.
I was a new customer of IDJ before I purchased my emerald cut stone from them. I told them right from the start that I was "a Pricescoper", that I'd about them through Pricescope, which was taken very seriously by Yekutiel and his staff - in the nicest, most complimentary way.
Having read about them here on PS and knowing their excellent reputation put me right at ease - the same as I'd felt when I met with Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch in the past - I felt confident that I was in good hands. But, as always in business, as a consumer you still have to do your homework and be as educated as you can be. When it comes to trust, you have to trust your own instincts to decide where you're comfortable spending your money. I happen to think that IDJ is extremely up-front and honest and that they want their customers to be happy and satisfied with their purchases.
Here was my experience, and I wish that you'd had the same:
I found Yekutiel to be extremely knowledgeable and forthcoming. I worked directly with his lovely sister, Shulamit, who worked tirelessly to find me what I was looking for, both while I was in their office suite as well as during the weeks when I was working and couldn't get into the City to view stones. She sourced me countless stones until she found "the one". I should also say that she advised me for and against certain stones and discussed with me how I felt about them. That personal touch was what made this experience so complete, because buying jewelry is as much an emotional experience as it is purchasing a commodity, for me.
IDJ is one of several vendors I've worked with, and I can honestly say that their prices were excellent, they offered the most options without having to wait for stones to be shipped or the frustration of viewing one stone at a time. They also had diagnostic tools at their fingertips so that we could all see how the stones performed, and that was invaluable to me.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OF COURSE you can say something negative. Honesty is everything here.
Personally - I sent my nephew for a diamond eternity wedding band for his fiance and he ended up buying that and a RHR - gorgeous!
I love my 7ctw tennis bracelet that replaced mine that was stolen.
I hope wherever you did go you got something that makes you very happy.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I didn't have a bad experience with them, but the quote I requested from them came in thousands above what I had been quoted from another pricescope vendor (Victor Canera). Same carat weight, lower color stones, 14k vs platinum, and still thousands more expensive. I was surprised because I'd heard great things about their prices, but it's possible I simply wasn't asking the right questions or speaking to the right person. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them if it were a good deal.

I'm convinced that for whatever reason people mesh with certain retailers better than others. I had heard great things about one pearl retailer and had nothing but terrible experiences with them three times in a row before going with a retailer that has mixed reviews, some very negative, and had a great experience. I can't explain it.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do recommend IDJ for all the positive reasons stated above. I really appreciate when vendors pop in to help us or a customer here on PS. That said, there are so many reasons why someone may have a luck-warm or bad experience with any vendor on any given sale. It is ruthlessly hard to be in this diamond business and our sellers will have good and bad days or will or will not be able to achieve a goal.

But, I'd like to encourage folks to provide more space for posters to talk around their experience. We can only learn how to help the poster and, maybe, what did not work out for them with an inquiry and open ears. Listening to their experience will help us PS member think about our "matchmaking" and vendors to learn how they can appear to others. For a small business in a rough industry, that knowledge is gold. Just my 2-cents.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I am working with Yekutiel on replacing my wedding band. He has called me to give me updates as well as great news along the way. I have not even had to call him. He is so in tuned to his customers that he has adressed my desires before I even have to ask.
I have done 4 projects with him and have sent countless friends. I only Hvw positivw things a ro say and I am so grateful for his help and quality service and diamonds.

BlingBlingLova

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Btw my Tennis bracelet came in today and WOW! Yekutiel promised me the stones were PS quality and I didn’t think much of it but once it arrived, the diamonds literally took my breath away! Sooooo much rainbows! I am a total convert now to PS quality diamonds! And the price is not that much greater than non PS diamonds.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Btw my Tennis bracelet came in today and WOW! Yekutiel promised me the stones were PS quality and I didn’t think much of it but once it arrived, the diamonds literally took my breath away! Sooooo much rainbows! I am a total convert now to PS quality diamonds! And the price is not that much greater than non PS diamonds.
Let’s see it when you are ready!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results