shape
carat
color
clarity

I should wait to ask this but... HELP? GIA mistake?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
So my little OEC is at GIA... and it's 'processing for return' but the specs show up in the report line. Unfortunately, under culet it reads, "NON" and if that means 'none' then there is a mistake. My stone has a culet, clearly visible.

What should I do, relax and wait? Or call?

Culet.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So my little OEC is at GIA... and it's 'processing for return' but the specs show up in the report line. Unfortunately, under culet it reads, "NON" and if that means 'none' then there is a mistake. My stone has a culet, clearly visible.

What should I do, relax and wait? Or call?

Culet.png
I would call...

MWilliams

Rough_Rock
I would call and have them recertify for free including paying for shipping if need be.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for replying. They haven't sent it back to me yet. The report ID online was blank for more than a week, so I called them this morning... and they said "heavy volume" was slowing everything down. Ok, no rush, no problem. But as soon as I hung up the report suddenly popped up with info on the stone.... um. And then the culet. Um.

On the bright side the specs are fine, just want to make sure it's the correct stone! Yikes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for replying. They haven't sent it back to me yet. The report ID online was blank for more than a week, so I called them this morning... and they said "heavy volume" was slowing everything down. Ok, no rush, no problem. But as soon as I hung up the report suddenly popped up with info on the stone.... um. And then the culet. Um.

On the bright side the specs are fine, just want to make sure it's the correct stone! Yikes.
I would call them right back and forward your photo..

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As others have said, I would recommend calling for clarification and making sure any error is rectified before they ship it back to you. Otherwise, your inconvenience in getting it corrected will be a lot greater.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for replying. I did call just now and actually got someone very patient and helpful on the phone. He understood my concern and put in a request for review. I'll check back in a few days and see if it has been updated.

Thanks for helping, everyone! I'm glad I called.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for replying. I did call just now and actually got someone very patient and helpful on the phone. He understood my concern and put in a request for review. I'll check back in a few days and see if it has been updated.

Thanks for helping, everyone! I'm glad I called.
Great! Let us know what happens..

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for helping. I’m so glad to have asked rather than just waiting! They did update the report showing the culet as Large which is accurate and now I can relax. I’m pleased and I’ll get my stone back next week. What a relief! Thanks PS peeps!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for helping. I’m so glad to have asked rather than just waiting! They did update the report showing the culet as Large which is accurate and now I can relax. I’m pleased and I’ll get my stone back next week. What a relief! Thanks PS peeps!
Great!! I’m glad it worked out quickly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results