shape
carat
color
clarity

I need ideas! and suggestions!

1rookiehere

Rough_Rock
Hi PS users!!
I am brand new to colored gemstones so I am going to apologize now if I don't use the correct term or lingo or just general ignorance. I got these rough stones yeeeeaars ago. I finally got them cut, thanks to the list of vendors in the beginning of this thread. They were cut by Jerry from Gemart.

so, are these even worth getting them set in to something (necklace, ring)? (was that a dumb question)
I'm not big into jewelry other than my engagement ring, wedding band and a necklace I never take off.

If I should get them set into something, does anyone have any ideas? suggestions would be great. Thank you!
There are some scratches?/inclusions? in them that you can kind of see in the picture.

IMG_1497.jpg IMG_1574.jpg IMG_1575.jpg IMG_1576.jpg IMG_1577.jpg IMG_1578.jpg IMG_1580.jpg IMG_1582.jpg

IcePhoenix

Shiny_Rock
Simple ring with a halo or bezel

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the gemstone?

I think they’re beautifully cut and definitely worth setting into a ring or pendant. Which do you think you’d wear more? Personally, I’d halo it because I love all things halo. :mrgreen2:

ETA: do you have a particular budget in mind? That would play into how you could set them.

1rookiehere

Rough_Rock
What is the gemstone?

I think they’re beautifully cut and definitely worth setting into a ring or pendant. Which do you think you’d wear more? Personally, I’d halo it because I love all things halo. :mrgreen2:

ETA: do you have a particular budget in mind? That would play into how you could set them.

Thank you, I was amazed how beautifully they came out. He did a great job!
They are amethyst. To my knowledge amethyst aren't worth much. I love a halo too! but maybe the octagon one I can make into a casual ring piece to wear on my right hand. I saw a DK yellow gold ring on this site somewhere that I can see myself wearing.

This forum inspired me to finally get those suckers cut so thanks everyone!

1rookiehere

Rough_Rock
This is the one I was referring to
Posted by samranmal in the thread "Purpleicious ring"

I LOVE IT!

20190417_144952-jpg.686902

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a thing for supernova ovals, that’s the name of the cut for your oval above. It helps avoid the bow tie extinction that often plagued elongated cuts. I think they’re lovely, and buttery yellow gold like that beautiful spinel “purplelicious” ring would look fabulous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results