shape
carat
color
clarity

I hope no one falls for this

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fracture filled ruby described as no heat and at $2.5k is almost 50% of the appraised value (who is the gemologist??)...

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Fracture filled. Filled with resin? Lead glass? Oil? I agree. Who is the gemologist?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fracture filled. Filled with resin? Lead glass? Oil? I agree. Who is the gemologist?

Nail polish and super glue? Seriously though- I usually view these "selling for a friend" listings with a good amount of healthy suspicion unless it is from a known forum member.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least the seller has admitted it’s fracture filled! Where the gemologist gets a $4,500 valuation from ???
It’s probably “the friend” thought she was getting a great buy and then realized the error of her ways and now would like to pass the “problem” along.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, once in NY, in Diamond district, I saw a 5-ct Burmese H(b) ruby for about 50 K. Granted, it looked like a cherry, beautiful color it was. But when I pointed out that H(b) was H(b), sorry, the person said that rubies of such color were rare, and hence, the price. His prices for other stones were affordable. So nothing surprises me about rubies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results