carat
color
clarity

I can't decide size, cut or color help.

sivette1979

Rough_Rock
Im trying to decide between an antique pear cut which is smaller
1st option
its a .95ct modified pear (antique pear)
gia cert
Measurements
7.78 x 5.58 x 3.32 mm
Carat Weight
0.95 carat
Color Grade
G
Clarity Grade
VS2
2nd
0.87ct EGL cert pear brilliant (antique pear)
Measurements
7.38x5.81mm
Carat Weight
0.87 carat
Color Grade
D
Clarity Grade
SI1

3rd
1.58 ct gia crt
measurements
10.30 x 6.27 x 4.09
Carat Weight
1.58 carat
Color Grade
M
Clarity Grade
SI2

Im a ring size 3.75. ill have it set in a halo probably i just don't want it to look small.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget the EGL stone may have softer colour grading than the GIA stones.

Ideally you want pictures, ASETscope images, and also videos of them in motion - it's all very well have massive size and/or high colour, but if the actual cut doesn't work and it is leaky as hell, it just won't perform.

sivette1979

Rough_Rock
Don't forget the EGL stone may have softer colour grading than the GIA stones.

Ideally you want pictures, ASETscope images, and also videos of them in motion - it's all very well have massive size and/or high colour, but if the actual cut doesn't work and it is leaky as hell, it just won't perform.
the 0.95 its beautiful in lighting just not convinced about the size, its a grace stone and there is 2k price difference between the 0.95 ct and the 0.87 .
I like the cut/ shape of the 0.87 but the egl report no so much
the 1.58 Pear it performs wells and its a diamond by lauren stone. David says its performs well in lighting and we can pull either more color or make it whiter.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should ask the mods to move your thread to Rocky Talky. You will get more responses.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is so much more to a pear than its specs. We really need to see pictures to advice.

Edit...I would try to get a picture of the M colored stone on a white background. That way you
can decide if its white enough for you or, if you might want to play up the color some.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results