shape
carat
color
clarity

Hypoallergenic Earring Setting

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to buy a pair of large diamond studs, however recently my ears have been very sensitive to metals. They have a burning sensation even with platinum or 14K white gold settings. Any recommendations as to what type of metal I can try, and which vendors would be able to make a setting with that metal for diamond earrings? I've heard surgical stainless steel or titanium could be good options. I'd want to try the metal itself before investing in the diamonds or a custom setting. Luckily, my skin is OK with platinum and white gold rings and necklaces, but I take them off at night and try to minimize wearing them to reduce metal exposure.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have metal issues and am allergic to titanium, so that would be out for me.

I’m having good luck with 18k white gold for earrings. YMMV good luck.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niobium is another metal I’ve seen hypoallergenic things made from. You may also be able to find ceramic ring posts, idk.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried 18 kt yellow gold? That’s all I can wear because of nickel.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I’m allergic to surgical stainless steel earrings.

If you find something that works for you, please let us know.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Just bought some sterling silver and 18kt yellow gold earrings to test. I'm having a hard time finding nice, surgical stainless steel or titanium options. Most are super super cheap, looking for higher quality.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Palladium.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
My sterling silver and 18kt yellow gold earrings arrived. It seems like my ears are also allergic to sterling silver, however 18kt yellow gold seems to be okay! This is promising!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am allergic but thankfully mostly to earrings. I do not wear yellow gold in part because when wearing 14K YG in my ears I get a horrendous reaction. I am told that higher carat gold is better but I stick only to nickel free 18 K WG. That works without a problem. In nickel free White Gold I am fine with even 14 K. Plat is better for me than YG but I am a bit sensitive to that too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results