shape
carat
color
clarity

Hydrafacial and Thermi Smooth. Woop woop

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't do much to take care of my skin. I usually just moisturize and when I remember, apply a vitamin C serum. After doing the research, I decided to try Hydrafacial and Thermi Smooth. Had the first treatments this morning and OMG, whaaaaat a dfference! Facial made my skin soft and glowy. The Thermi Smooth, in one treatment, visibly reduced all the lines on my face. And, my saggy eye lids are less droopy! The effects of thermi smooth are supposed to increase over the next few weeks.

The clinic I went to offers special prices when you sign up for a package deal of multiple treatments so I'll be getting 6 more Thermi Smooth and 4 more Hydrafacials over the next few months.

Skeptic that I am and in spite of reading hundreds of reviews about both procedures, I did not expect much with first treatment and am very pleased by the results. Can't wait to see what happens in 6 months' time.

How come no one told me about this stuff sooner?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Googling thermi smooth now

I love hydra facials!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you brought this up @Matata and @House Cat , I’m starting to see more lines around my mouth. Would these treatments be beneficial to making them less noticeable?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would these treatments be beneficial to making them less noticeable?
No guarantees. Everyone reacts differently. If you google the procedures, you'll see varying results across gender, age, and skin type. Results also depend on how well you take care of your skin in general -- moisturizing, gentle cleansing, etc.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m in the process of doing vivace microneedling treatments. @Calliecake if you look at the before and after photos for lines around the lips, the results are amazing.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vivace microneedling treatments
I had microneedling done more than a decade ago and wasn't impressed with results. The place I'm going does microneedling with PRP (using my own blood serum) and I might consider that after I've finished the thermi smooth. I wanted to get back into facial rejuvenation slowly with non-invasive procedures.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh could you please share more about the specific procedures? I’m most curious about the hydrafacial. It sounds like our facial routines at home are similar. :lol: Lately I really feel the need to start stepping it up.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh could you please share more about the specific procedures?

Thermi Smooth:
This can be done on all body parts, not just the face.

Hydra facial -- the term is a bit misleading. It's not a typical facial, it's a skin treatment.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thermi Smooth:
This can be done on all body parts, not just the face.

Hydra facial -- the term is a bit misleading. It's not a typical facial, it's a skin treatment.

Thanks Matata! I actually meant specifics of your personal experiences with the procedures. Which did you do first? Did you see/feel a difference with just the hydrafacial? (If you don’t mind my being nosy!) The hydrafacial seems pricy in my area ($250-300 for 45-60min, often face only) even compared to the facial+microdermabrasion or oxygen facial... so I’m wondering if it would be worth it even if I just tried it once or twice.

Btw not to go too off topic, but I was also considering Belavi vs the hydrafacial. Thought I would mention it if anyone else might be looking into anti-aging facial treatments!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which did you do first? Did you see/feel a difference with just the hydrafacial?
I did them back-to-back and while I noticed an immediate difference in my skin, I don't know which did the most/least. I don't have the patience to go to the clinic that often and that's why I chose to do them together. The aesthetician chose to do the Thermi Smooth first. It felt just like the you tube descriptions -- a warm stone massage -- and was very relaxing. I'm guessing the near disappearance of the frown lines between my eyes is due to the Thermi and the soft and smoother texture of my skin is due to the hydra facial.

The hydra facial is not as relaxing as the Thermi Smooth because of the various steps in the process requiring the technician to change the heads on the device 4 times and then using the red or blue lights after application of the serum on the 4th step. So a lot of activity. The wand tips feel like little fish kisses and the machine does make a bit of noise. So not relaxing as a traditional facial but imo a hundred times more effective.

The facials are expensive in my area too despite a large amount of competition. The technician said that the serums used are expensive. There's some gimmick involved with this. Hydra facial cost where I go is $200 each and Thermi $500 each. Because I was a new customer, I got an introductory price of $149 for facial and $150 for Thermi. Then as an enticement to get me coming back, she offered me a package deal of $700 for 6 Thermis and $950 for 4 facials. The facials cost more in the package because I chose to use a serum specifically for aging skin as opposed to the regular serum. This clinic has a variety of package deals for all the stuff they do and they're making money like crazy so I think the regular prices for these things is a bit of a rip-off.

Usual recommendation is to do hydra facial every 6 weeks and supposedly after 4 Thermi treatments, you only need to have touch ups once or twice a year. That probably depends on each person's results.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had microneedling done more than a decade ago and wasn't impressed with results. The place I'm going does microneedling with PRP (using my own blood serum) and I might consider that after I've finished the thermi smooth. I wanted to get back into facial rejuvenation slowly with non-invasive procedures.

Vivace is different. It uses infrared light and radio frequency along with microneedling. The results are more dramatic. It’s 98% pain free for me because it stamps the needles in rather than dragging them across the face like traditional microneedling. Also, the needles reach a depth of 3mm which is deeper than traditional microneedling.

It’s reduced my redness almost completely in two sessions. My acne scarring has improved by 50% so far. If it helps my lines, I will consider it a bonus but they said it takes 6 weeks for collagen to start to build. I have two more sessions to go.

http://vivaceexperience.com/

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
Ah hydrafacial. I loved it. I had one first thing after hopping off the plane Sydney/ Frankfurt and my skin looked great for the next two weeks. Back in Sydney my hydrafacial experiences haven’t been that good. Just saying this here because I think it really depends on the technician and the serums used. I am now hooked on infini rf (radiofrequency) needling. Very effective!

Edit: I just see that housecoat has also discovered radiofrequency needling :)

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I did them back-to-back and while I noticed an immediate difference in my skin, I don't know which did the most/least. I don't have the patience to go to the clinic that often and that's why I chose to do them together. The aesthetician chose to do the Thermi Smooth first. It felt just like the you tube descriptions -- a warm stone massage -- and was very relaxing. I'm guessing the near disappearance of the frown lines between my eyes is due to the Thermi and the soft and smoother texture of my skin is due to the hydra facial.

The hydra facial is not as relaxing as the Thermi Smooth because of the various steps in the process requiring the technician to change the heads on the device 4 times and then using the red or blue lights after application of the serum on the 4th step. So a lot of activity. The wand tips feel like little fish kisses and the machine does make a bit of noise. So not relaxing as a traditional facial but imo a hundred times more effective.

The facials are expensive in my area too despite a large amount of competition. The technician said that the serums used are expensive. There's some gimmick involved with this. Hydra facial cost where I go is $200 each and Thermi $500 each. Because I was a new customer, I got an introductory price of $149 for facial and $150 for Thermi. Then as an enticement to get me coming back, she offered me a package deal of $700 for 6 Thermis and $950 for 4 facials. The facials cost more in the package because I chose to use a serum specifically for aging skin as opposed to the regular serum. This clinic has a variety of package deals for all the stuff they do and they're making money like crazy so I think the regular prices for these things is a bit of a rip-off.

Usual recommendation is to do hydra facial every 6 weeks and supposedly after 4 Thermi treatments, you only need to have touch ups once or twice a year. That probably depends on each person's results.

Thanks Matata! Gosh now I’m thinking I need the Thermismooth too for the “eleven” lines between my brows. A few people told me only Botox would help, but this was a couple years ago. 2x a year isn’t bad at all. Sounds like you got a great deal... Googling in my area now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results