shape
carat
color
clarity

How fast can you guys type?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wife loves to brag that she was able to type 78 WPM on an old style typewriter during her HS yrs, plus she can take dictations very fast on short hands. I must say (in 1978?) I did witness her winning a contest vs many students from other high schools. :bigsmile:

Reactions: AV_

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have learned 10 finger typing as I was 15 years old, and my best was 189 characters per minute, but it was already on a computer.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
back in the day 94wpm.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roughly in the 70’s back in the day. Probably much worse now with the tablet and phones.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm like 20 words a minute?:P2 Depends how much autocorrect messes with the spelling lol.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in the day 110 wpm. I took typing in high school which included learning short hand. I haven't tested in years (and I do mess up more when I look at the keys which is why I hate typing anything on my phone...lol)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know, however I was able to have more than one chat windows at the same time!

DK :lol-2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I flunked typing twince.....*twice. Grammarly is my online guardian with lovely red underscores for typoes.

How fast do I type? My 4 fingers and two thumbs are a storm of motion and inaccuracy. Probably about 30 WPM, 25 after wine.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have no idea how fast my typing is, but my osteoarthritis lets me know the next morning if I've typed too much the day before!:roll2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
90 wpm.

There are times typing tests anyone can take online (free) if anyone wants to know their typing speed.

I learned how to type the very last year typewriting on an actual typewriter was taught in my school as an elective class. I was seated next to a young lady with whom I competed all semester—we were both pianists and typed faster than anyone else in our class due in part to our hyperdeveloped dexterity. I believe we finished out the semester with the same speed, which was roughly 65 or 66 wpm; a far cry from amazing typing speed in anyone’s day. :lol-2:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very fast. Over 100 wpm. I learned to touch type on a manual typewriter in grade 9 typing class, lol. I think we got electric ones in grades 11 and 12 for a business class. Plus I did computer classes at that time and did data entry for computer club. Heh heh. Once you learn properly, you never forget.:mrgreen2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I was tested at 87 WPM on the computer at 100% accuracy rate. I have 2-3 typos per minute, which I compulsively/habitually hit backspace to fix. I can't even make myself NOT fix my typos, so who knows how fast I can type if I wasn't OCD about fixing typos. I mean, I'm usually at least a word and a half ahead before I notice the typo and start hitting the backspace.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results