shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey NC: voter fraud is still not much of a thing. Election fraud, on the other hand....

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't follow issues that closely anymore, I usually get enough overflow from the hubs to stay a certain base level of informed. But this one, I confess I've read a bit on, and has been highly entertaining.

After many of us long rolling our eyes and thinking "methinks they doth squawk too much..", they did! Just about the wrong group and the wrong thing. Now the real chickens are coming home to roost.

It is a very bad day when your son - the son who apparently did actually absorb a moral sense, who did as you said, but who can no longer give you a pass on what you're doing - provides multiple emails that prove you were repeatedly warned of serious concerns about the felon you hired to run your "program" and gets on the stand to refute your lies that you had NO idea, had heard of no red flags. The son who also says that at least one other in dad's campaign had been informed by him, of the same concerns. Wonder if Harris Sr. was weeping because he got caught, or because he knew his son finally saw him clearly, or because old white guys weeping in public hearings is now all the rage.

Thanksgiving this year looks to be pretty awkward. But then Christmas last year sounds like it may have been chilling up a bit already, because Harris Jr. stopped talking to dad on Dec 3. Probably because he was mentally preparing to out daddy to investigators in Jan. But not to worry, Harris Sr. is claiming his recent strokes have him "confused" and not remembering properly. So that makes it OK. And something like that could never impact his ability to be a representative, right?

My personal favorite is when "...his attorney stopped the queries after Harris repeatedly denied telling anyone that emails between his son John and him would not be part of evidence. When Harris returned after a nearly two-hour break, he admitted that testimony was incorrect." Hmmm...maybe he DID tell someone that? Like maybe the lawyers who jerked him up by the scruff of the neck and hustled him out for 2 hours and made him go back in to say, oops?

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article226492265.html

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article226561504.html

The new election ought to be a doozy. Anyone want to take bets on whether NC GOP voters will rally and still try super-hard to send a stroke-addled man who is ridiculously gullible to any felon selling what he (and likely they) are desperately willing to buy at any price, and whose son has outed him as a liar, to congress?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is too familiar .( Hence, I am a great fan of term limits & other such rules of thumb thinning out democratic temptations...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. What a fine young man! They ought to replace him to run in his father's place. I haven't followed this story closely, but I have to say in a political world where there is SO much corruption on all sides, this young man is a real encouragement!:appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The son is a good man! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results