shape
carat
color
clarity

Hexagon diamond too shallow?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would order it (if it’s returnable) AND order an ASET scope. Then you can judge for yourself. With fancies we would need better video than that to tell. It looks potentially leaky in that video to me but that’s really not the best kind of video to judge it with. The other issue is that if you want a hexagon like that, you’re going to have a heck of a time finding others, so you will probably have to settle for “good enough.”

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you ask the vendor for an aset image? See if they can provide one.

Hexagon

Rough_Rock
I would order it (if it’s returnable) AND order an ASET scope. Then you can judge for yourself. With fancies we would need better video than that to tell. It looks potentially leaky in that video to me but that’s really not the best kind of video to judge it with. The other issue is that if you want a hexagon like that, you’re going to have a heck of a time finding others, so you will probably have to settle for “good enough.”

If I ordered it and it was returnable, what exactly would I need to look for in person? I don’t think I can order an ASET scope in time, so is there anything I can spot without it? Thank you!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have certainly noticed this stone!

It seems bright, and I expect as much from a diamond that is essentially step cut, around 50% depth with little crown height. I tend to benchmark brighteness against the brightest facets I am seeing, expecting that much of the stone turns as bright in some position, or, that at least the sum total brighteness from a reasonable tilt (rocking the stone some 90 degrees, culet down in the ditch between two fingers, on the back of the hand, facing a window) adds up to enough.

2p

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results