shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with heart shaped diamond for pendant please

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks good. The facets under the table look well defined, clear and crisp. They look like they would light up nicely. Probably a little leakage
around the edge of the table...think this is typical though. I also like the shape.

Jewel7

Rough_Rock
Thank you tyty333. I have a F colour diamond for ring and G colour pair of studs. I find I can see a slight colour difference between them. Do you think the H colour heart will appear much tinted?

Do you mean it is typical to have light leakage around the edge of table for a heart shape? I am not clued in on diamonds. Thank you again.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you tyty333. I have a F colour diamond for ring and G colour pair of studs. I find I can see a slight colour difference between them. Do you think the H colour heart will appear much tinted?

Do you mean it is typical to have light leakage around the edge of table for a heart shape? I am not clued in on diamonds. Thank you again.

An H is an H which is 2 steps down from an F. Yes, if you compare them side-by-side you will probably be able to pick up on the heart having a slight
tint. However you dont wear them side-by-side so others wont see the color difference. This stone, IMO, has a very nice cut and does not look to have
any "mush" which tends to show more color.

Do not worry about the leakage...I only see it when the stone turns, which is normal and I shouldnt have even said anything. In other words, most
stones do this.

I personally think its a lovely stone. The only way you're going to know if the H is too tinted for you is to see it in person. I think this stone would probably
be fine for most people (being an H). Some people who are very color sensitive might not like the slight tint.

I have a D stone as well as a couple of Js. I am able to appreciate the range of colors as long as its a nice/lovely stone (but that's me).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
... looking for the type of proportions that make shallow diamodns look like shards of mirror & perfect for pendants! ... guessing that seeing shards of black (ebstruction) in pictures/video is indicative; ... then, among smaller diamonds relatively broader contrast pattern makes sense.

Example WWW

There must be look-alikes around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results