shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a moonstone!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm starting a new thread since now learning that rainbow moonstone refers to Labradorite and what I really want is orthoclase.

Sally send me these cabs and although I'm favoring the ones on the far right, looking for input on what you guys think. Even if you don't know anything about moonstone, which one is your favorite aesthetically?

IMG_8929.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the bottom right.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top or bottom right are my favorites! Love these!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B154E84C-6223-4661-9357-D333ED55E97B.jpeg Look look, I do have a proper heart shaped moonstone if you’d like it.:wavey:
And I do have plenty of wee Tanzanite that would make a fabulous surround too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357, OMG I can't believe you have one!! Of course I don't know if Sally would set a moonstone not from her supplier but with yours I could make a ring too!

How much would you like for it? I'm literally so excited, this made my week, well along with a cannoli I have in the fridge ;-)

ETA: And thank you so much Bron, your generosity is amazing

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it is! Thank you so much @Bron357 just let me know about the shipping and I can PayPal you the money.

This means so much to me @Bron357 you are a light in my life.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1A819C5A-6260-47B3-9C5E-7ADC8B639622.jpeg B23B95A7-B941-417B-B533-7E45BACFAF36.jpeg You can bribe her with wee Tanzanite, these babies are not what’s around these days. Old stock!
And yes, depending on how you view them they are the nice blue, a dark purple or burgundy colour.
And here’s another moonstone I did a layout with round ones. I really like the colors together.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous and I've said before your engagement ring is amazing, clean or not is doesn't even matter.

I might just do a double heart moonstone pendant and then incorporate the tanzanite, sounds pretty perfect. Still can't believe you found a heart shaped moonstone, what are the chances?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it is! Thank you so much @Bron357 just let me know about the shipping and I can PayPal you the money.

This means so much to me @Bron357 you are a light in my life.
Look on Loupe Troop I’ve got the Onyx listing and Rubelite under loose coloured stones.

voce

Ideal_Rock
:appl:so exciting...a perfect size heart-shaped moonstone, too.
I can't wait to see how it all comes together, @StephanieLynn, @Bron357.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay so I drew up some ideas (on the back of a bill, maybe they are good for something) please be kind, I am not an artist.

A few ideas, first illustration is one of the Year drop cabs from Sally's pic with Bron's heart underneath and the tanzanite around the heart

Second is using one of the faceted pears with Bron's cab and the tanzanite

Last is based on an antique brooch image I found with the tanzanite in the bow above both hearts.

What do you think?

IMG_8939.JPG

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the first 2 designs you drew! I'm less a fan of the third, but that might be because I don't really care for bows. But if you do, then it's another great option!

The first option is my favorite. I like the idea of the 2 hearts, but I don't know how set you'd be on having the 2 hearts match one another though. I'm not sure how I feel about mixing a faceted stone with a cab, but it sounds like it would look really nice.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs and @AnastasiaBeaverhausen for weighing in.

I talked to Sally today and we are going to wait until Bron's stones get here and then she is going to sketch up a design. One thing is for sure, this pendant is going to have an enormous amount of good karma and Sally seems very excited about it which is always a plus, I can't wait to see what she does with it. I'll keep you all in the loop!

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What type of faceted stone for the second, from the drawing ideas its my favorite, but the type of faceted stone would be a factor :)

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
sally heart of water jewels? that'll be pretty!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_8928.jpg @Sabrina31 I was thinking a faceted moonstone of course the scale of these might be too large, but this effect.

Yup Sally Heart of Water, she has such pretty jewelry and I think you can tell she really pours herself into her work.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ohh, i really like that faceted moonstone idea. I'm so exctied for you Stephanie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe I just discovered this thread and already so much has happened in it! I had been following the thread about Fiona in Hangout and just happened to come over to Colored Stones. What a glorious surprise to see what had happened here in this thread! Bron is an angel! I also love the design above. My dog is barking ferociously outside, but I'll be back!

Deb/AGBF ;))

voce

Ideal_Rock
I like the second design the most. That way you can have both faceted and cab moonstones, the best of both worlds!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy mail today from Bron! Interesting thing about this moonstone apart from being the perfect heart shape, it tends to take on whatever color is underneath it. The fourth picture is the moonstone just set atop the container with the tanzanite underneath. The fifth is in white tissue paper and the seventh is on a gray notecard.

So it looks like things will start getting into motion soon!

@Bron357 thank you so much for sending me these incredible little treasures!

IMG_9455.jpg IMG_9457.JPG IMG_9458.JPG IMG_9460.JPG IMG_9462.JPG IMG_9465.JPG IMG_9466.JPG

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The double hearts design is my favourite. It is so special and I have not seen one in real life

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@pwsg07, I actually got that idea from an antique pin I saw on Ruby Lane! It is my favorite too but not sure how wearable it will be for me since I'm home most of the time but Sally probably has some ideas up her sleeve too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results