shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose between two diamonds

Krista Williams

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, I am looking to upgrade my Blue Nile diamond. It must be at least 1 carat, and if I am honest with myself no lower then an H, SI1 (currently I have a 0.76 G SI1)

I was HOPING to spend absolutely no more then $9000 CDN, and my current diamond is worth $3221 CDN to be applied towards that cost. Honestly, I would love a 1.5 carat diamond, but unless I purchase a J diamond, I will never be able to afford this.

I sent an email to Paul Gian from Beyond 4cs, and he wasn't impressed with any of the diamonds I had chosen, and he suggested:
Blue Nile ASTOR LD09472121
1.15ct H VS2 for $11,405
Table 56%
Crown 34%
Pavilion Angle 40.8%
Depth 61.4%

When I turned my tablet back on today, it was on a page for a Blue Nile diamond.. I dont remember looking at it, but there is only one spec different, and of course it isnt an ASTOR

Blue Nile LD12566794
1.22ct H VS2 for $9894
Table 56%
Crown 34%
Pavilion Angle 40.8%
Depth 61.6%

What are your opinions? Is the fact that the first diamond is an ASTOR worth the price difference? Is a Depth of 61.4 to 61.6 ACTUALLY going to make a huge difference with sparkle? PLEASE HELP! Thank you!!!!!

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
Are there videos? Or other imagery?

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Astor line will generally be better cut than regular diamonds, but you're paying a premium that usually isn't worth it. They are certainly not on par with the super ideals you'd find at WF, HPD and other sites.

You can find "Astor" quality diamonds without the label and the premium if you put in the time to look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results