shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a handbag for a friend - poll.

Which do you prefer?

• Pink

Votes: 50 76.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 15 23.1%

• Total voters

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to get one of these for a friend. I have no idea as to her taste, tho from what I can see it seems modern dressy casual. She's blonde and petite. They're slightly different prices, but not enough to make one 'good' and one 'cheap'. They're both from Coach's new season collection.

Your thoughts please?

$295 v $350.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted pink because I think the patterned one, although pretty, might not be to everyone’s taste.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know her taste well enough to know that she would carry a colored bag? I ask because I never carry anything but a brown or black bag.

Reactions: ame

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know her taste well enough to know that she would carry a colored bag? I ask because I never carry anything but a brown or black bag.

I don't know - which is the problem. But these are so light and lovely, and are very au courant, and would look lovely with denim, which I know she wears a lot.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I like the silhouette of the blue one best. It goes from handheld to crossbody which I personally find to be a very useful combo. I had the first version Coach sold of the pink one many years ago, and it being split into two halves drove me nuts and I wound up selling it. I agree about the colors, though. I wouldn't carry a pastel colored purse.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't vote because I like the Prairie Satchel but not in the blue pattern. The Prairie Satchel in black was my go to bag for 2 or 3 years. If you know she would like a colour other than a basic, how about it getting it in a solid light blue or pink. If you would like a colour but it it's still a neutral you could try Beechwood. It's a cross between blush and beige.

58874_lieqo_a0

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the blue!!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the blue!!!!!

Me too. :) I find black/brown/blush/beige a fairly uninspiring rotation. Which isn't to say I don't do it! I have brown/black/greige staples along with the best of them! But I really like to mix it up a little, and, personally, I don't think there's a more beautiful handbag in the world than the pale blue Kate Spade bag! I thought this coach bag was stunning and very, very classy.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too. :) I find black/brown/blush/beige a fairly uninspiring rotation. Which isn't to say I don't do it! I have brown/black/greige staples along with the best of them! But I really like to mix it up a little, and, personally, I don't think there's a more beautiful handbag in the world than the pale blue Kate Spade bag! I thought this coach bag was stunning and very, very classy.

Coach is my weak spot. I may have to go get that one now, thanks, :whistle:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The bag I get the most postive comments on is my bright pumpkin colored Kate Spade. It’s sort of a neon pinkish pumpkin.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted blue, I think the shape looks the most versatile. You are a very generous friend! I bet she already has neutral bags to wear in her wardrobe, how lovely for her to receive a pretty, colourful bag as a gift

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I like the pink and feel it is more neutral than the pattern. But I only wear solid color clothes too, so that’s a personal bias.
I also like the scallop edge on the pink one-plus pink probably works for most blondes?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the pink one in a light blue color and love it for its versatile outside pockets for things I need often like my phone and keys. But as was mentioned before the blue bag does turn into a crossbody which is handy. Does she wear patterns at all? If she wears mostly solid colors the pattern might be kind of fun as an accent, but if she doesn't like them then it might be too much. I like a light blue bag and for me a pattern is fun once in awhile with jeans which I wear most of the time.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the pink one in a light blue color and love it for its versatile outside pockets for things I need often like my phone and keys. But as was mentioned before the blue bag does turn into a crossbody which is handy. Does she wear patterns at all? If she wears mostly solid colors the pattern might be kind of fun as an accent, but if she doesn't like them then it might be too much. I like a light blue bag and for me a pattern is fun once in awhile with jeans which I wear most of the time.

This is *exactly* what I'm thinking, @redwood66. A little splash of color/pattern - but not too much.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I’m in the same dilemma. Let me explain why I picked blue -
When I’m looking for a purse I want :
Removable crossover strap
Handles that can go from my hand to my shoulder without hitting my elbow on the bag
A mouth of the purse that’s as wide as the purse. When the mouth is thinner it’s impossivle to dig around in
No unnecessary frills. I want a leather bag - if it has a flap it’s for a reason. Why does it need a buckle? Etc

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I vote NEITHER? they're both light colors, which is dreadfully impractical, and if you aren't 100% sure she wants EITHER of these bags in either pattern or color, that's kind of a touchy one.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tough call. They are both cute. But light bags are dirt magnets (and take on colors of jeans, coats, etc)

cheers--Sharon

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tough call. They are both cute. But light bags are dirt magnets (and take on colors of jeans, coats, etc)

cheers--Sharon
This is true and I would think the pink would be worse in that regard.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted pink because it would coordinate better with patterned clothing. Is your friend the type who coordinates bags with outfits, or does she carry one bag at a time for a while? If the former, then I think the pink is safe even though it is light coloured. If the latter, I don't know, I think I would rather go with a very neutral colour.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bag I get the most postive comments on is my bright pumpkin colored Kate Spade. It’s sort of a neon pinkish pumpkin.

Bright pumpkin? <perk>

I like the blue, for reasons others have given, but now I have to go look this bright pumpkin purse up. Thanks a heck of a lot, whitewave. This is why I shouldn't ever read any Pricescope threads about anything: because I end up buying new luxury items I hadn't even heard about until I read those threads! You are all a big bunch of enablers!

Deb ;))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you get a feel for her style by checking FB or IG or similar? I never wear light colors and seldom carry a light colored bag due to tendency to pick up dirt. I know others LOVE wearing/carrying light colors and look great doing so. Same thing for the pattern. Seems most people love or hate the look.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bright pumpkin? <perk>

I like the blue, for reasons others have given, but now I have to go look this bright pumpkin purse up. Thanks a heck of a lot, whitewave. This is why I shouldn't ever read any Pricescope threads about anything: because I end up buying new luxury items I hadn't even heard about until I read those threads! You are all a big bunch of enablers!

Deb ;))

I bought it 3-4 years ago. I’m cleaning up... will take a pic later

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I choose blue because that’s my favorite color and it’s a lovely bag. But difficult to choose for someone else if you don’t know their taste. Can you include a gift receipt so she can exchange if she’d like another?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s one of those colors I’m never going to be able to capture in a photo. I had to read through all of the reviews to decide if it was worth a shot.

It is very vibrant, almost shocking and is very hot pumpkin but sometimes a tinge of pink comes out.
BBF97E7B-D98D-4353-8295-B6F1F9FB065B.jpeg 0A69BCC4-843A-4C69-B4D6-E52960964DA1.jpeg

Sorry for the threadjack

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s one of those colors I’m never going to be able to capture in a photo. I had to read through all of the reviews to decide if it was worth a shot.

It is very vibrant, almost shocking and is very hot pumpkin but sometimes a tinge of pink comes out.
BBF97E7B-D98D-4353-8295-B6F1F9FB065B.jpeg 0A69BCC4-843A-4C69-B4D6-E52960964DA1.jpeg

Sorry for the threadjack

Not at all! Love it! Lemme see if I can get a photo of my daffodil-yellow-come-pumpkin one....

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Denim is blue,
the blue bag is too...

-

I have never worn as much d. as this autumn; my every-day bag is ink blue, light blue wold be a possibility, pink - not. Pumpkin? Yes. Red? No. I love whiskey-like shades for coloured leather! (and sapphires, but that's another chapter...)

Thinking out loud

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a photo next to a bottle of water for scale. It's roughly 12.5" long, and 4.5" high in the middle, rising up to 5.5" at either end. Rich chocolate colored handles. Love this bag.

20181030_135329.jpg

And one without the water bottle....

20181030_135302.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a photo next to a bottle of water for scale. It's roughly 12.5" long, and 4.5" high in the middle, rising up to 5.5" at either end. Rich chocolate colored handles. Love this bag.

20181030_135329.jpg

20181030_135302.jpg

Oh my gosh how cute!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @redwood66 - I love it. And it's perfect for fall. :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20181030_135329.jpg

20181030_135302.jpg

I like that! Interesting size and good/practical.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results