shape
carat
color
clarity

Help!!! Lost ring.. need replacement

aldow

Rough_Rock
Hello Price Scope community..

I am relying on your expertise and community help and am glad to have found this site with all your infinite wisdom. Long story short: got engaged a year ago and didn't know what I was doing when purchasing a ring. I googled and searched and ended up buying a 1.5 carat princess cut stone set in halo through YADAV online jewelers. My fiance loved the ring, I was happy with the price, but not thrilled with their customer service. Last weekend she lost the ring at work and now I am making a claim through allstate. I am not sure how it will be handled but I will need to replace the ring. I paid 7800 for the ring and not sure if I can replace it for that price and want to be more educated. My fiance is devastated that she lost the ring and I am trying to see the silver lining. I get to replace the ring with more education under my belt and hopefully make an ever better choice. Any advice or guidance on where to start?

Reactions: AV_

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear about the loss - hopefully insurance will pay out quickly and without hassle.

Do you know if it's a cash-out policy or if you will be tied to the same / another vendor dictated by the insurance company?

Does she want another Princess? If so, Whiteflash is probably the best choice for Princess cuts with excellent light return and performance, although Crafted By Infinity has also cut them in the past.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you give us more info on the stone? Size (LxW), color, clarity etc. Does she have a preference to the number of chevrons?
Did Whiteflash for having princess cuts with Ideal light return.

aldow

Rough_Rock
from the GIA Appraisal

1.50 Carat, color I, Clairty Si1, Polish Excellent, Symmetry Very good, Fluorescence None

She likes super shining and sparkly.. I paid $5600 for this stone...

thank you so much for all your help

aldow

Rough_Rock
I'm sorry to hear about the loss - hopefully insurance will pay out quickly and without hassle.

Do you know if it's a cash-out policy or if you will be tied to the same / another vendor dictated by the insurance company?

Does she want another Princess? If so, Whiteflash is probably the best choice for Princess cuts with excellent light return and performance, although Crafted By Infinity has also cut them in the past.

I just filed the claim today waiting to hear back from the adjuster so I have no idea if they will pay me directly or offer replacement.. the whole thing is very stressful.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry and feel horribly for you both. With that said, I REALLY admire your attitude in seeing a silver lining with regard to your knowledge since that purchase and now you will be able to get an even more beautiful diamond. Sometimes things are meant to be! With regard to the insurance, I would really advocate for yourself. I think best scenario is if they pay you outright and you can go buy whatever you want, in which case you should come here first to get suggestions. If they want you to use one of their jewelers, ask them if you can have as one of your choices an online vendor. Perhaps when they give you your options (if it is anything beyond getting a cash payout which is probably best case scenario as you can then shop where you want and get a better deal and nicer stone via online vendors recommended here) still do post here to let us know what the options they are offering you as I am sure there will be others here (including trade professionals) who can guide you in your negotiating with your insurance carrier toward the most advantageous outcome for you. Best of luck and the most important thing is your relationship and it sure seems as though you care for one another very much!

aldow

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you give us more info on the stone? Size (LxW), color, clarity etc. Does she have a preference to the number of chevrons?
Did Whiteflash for having princess cuts with Ideal light return.

Wow, that was supposed to say ditto Whiteflash...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results