shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone rounded a channel set ring or something similar?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys, I’ve been thinking of rounding the edges on my Tiffany channel set ring to make it more comfortable to wear (internal and external edges). Has anyone done this? Anyone regret it? Who did you use?
EC32EC79-CDFF-493A-A2E8-0B9FED26FD1C.jpeg 68B29DEF-E2EB-4FC5-BC57-ECCE5565F298.jpeg DEF13AC3-E202-4C52-AEAE-DA7F99BEE323.jpeg

Attachments

• A8AF70E0-45FC-41CD-B233-B5B68AD5E4E0.jpeg
    A8AF70E0-45FC-41CD-B233-B5B68AD5E4E0.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 10
  • 3B7F90CA-DB27-4ADE-A52A-1554700F0B0A.jpeg
    3B7F90CA-DB27-4ADE-A52A-1554700F0B0A.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 15
  • D78F9E7D-7DC4-4774-B8CA-7E572AF6A044.jpeg
    D78F9E7D-7DC4-4774-B8CA-7E572AF6A044.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 31A8AA92-2117-4C79-8079-F65F50AA3789.jpeg
    31A8AA92-2117-4C79-8079-F65F50AA3789.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 6AA02628-B949-4785-8A8F-4E10FB13CF1B.jpeg
    6AA02628-B949-4785-8A8F-4E10FB13CF1B.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 15

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to ask, as I have a channel set RHR with milgrain detail, what it is that you find uncomfortable?
Perhaps, I’m not seeing the true edge that is annoying you; your ring’s edges look softer/more rounded than most that I’ve seen....
Very pretty, btw. :mrgreen2:

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
I don't think it's the edge which is causing discomfort, but rather the depth of the band.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to ask, as I have a channel set RHR with milgrain detail, what it is that you find uncomfortable?
Perhaps, I’m not seeing the true edge that is annoying you; your ring’s edges look softer/more rounded than most that I’ve seen....
Very pretty, btw. :mrgreen2:
I’ve added a couple more pics. I think it’s a combination of how tall it is, how thick, and that it’s not comfort fit with a dome top. It was my wedding present and I picked it out before I knew what I found comfortable in rings. I’m wondering if I first round the inner edges to make it more comfort fit if that would help.

And thank you :mrgreen2:

I don't think it's the edge which is causing discomfort, but rather the depth of the band.
I have had the same thought. However, there is a dome top comfort fit band I wear with it that is the same height and when I wear the band by itself it’s more comfortable than my eternity:(2
B8EB7800-DB5C-45B4-A0BF-9EAD54C25B25.jpeg 2AF68965-BD10-4BDB-A41E-ECF01F356690.jpeg 46945039-A313-40AB-9B27-D5E10C348B71.jpeg

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I did this to a gold channel set band a few years ago...the squared off edges didn't feel or look quite right...kind of gave a technical masculine look to an otherwise delicate ring. It DID feel and look better, however, I could never really feel that great about it ( the diamonds and the gold itself were exceptional though)...I ended up trading it for something else that just came off the bench perfect.

And, as much as I love anniversary/eternity rings, I swear, unless it's just right, nothing feels as comfortable as my plain wedding ring. Boring, I know...but I have to admit it's true.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
It's the depth of the ring (front to back) which is bothering you. Bothered me... ultimately went with half eternity band and tapered it a little bit behind my finger.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it’s a legit Tiffany, I would not do any modifications to it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had the inside of an eternity band polished out to both gain size and make comfort fit. It made a big difference. Of course it wasn’t a Tiffany ring...I would probably do it if it truly will help you be more comfortable in it. But it will feel larger size wise. It’s beautiful!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for taking it to a jeweller & letting them very gently buff away the sharp inner edges only. This shouldn’t affect size. I had this done once & it just gave that lovely comfort to the inside edges. My eternity ring is fully comfort fit on the inside, almost pipe shaped, and it feels like butter. My pear solitaire has squared off inner edges & can be a bit pinchy if my hands are hot.

Do you wear this Tiffany on your right hand with the skinny gold band? As I often wear my eternity on my RH with my skinny 18ct Lucida & when I first saw your picture it was like looking at my own hand!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
@Wewechew If it's any consolation, or just for your amusement, I am just now going through the same thing with a new Tiffany ring. For the life of me I can't make it feel comfortable, and it's just a little anniversary band. I've only had it a day!!!! I don't know why, and this is my third or fourth try with different mm thickness, height, etc. And I love it, but nope...it just doesn't sit right in the crevice of my finger. A total mystery.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for taking it to a jeweller & letting them very gently buff away the sharp inner edges only. This shouldn’t affect size. I had this done once & it just gave that lovely comfort to the inside edges. My eternity ring is fully comfort fit on the inside, almost pipe shaped, and it feels like butter. My pear solitaire has squared off inner edges & can be a bit pinchy if my hands are hot.

Do you wear this Tiffany on your right hand with the skinny gold band? As I often wear my eternity on my RH with my skinny 18ct Lucida & when I first saw your picture it was like looking at my own hand!
For the most part I wear it alone as a wedding ring. Now and then if it’s too loose on my finger (weight loss, winter, etc), I will stack it with the gold band.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wewechew If it's any consolation, or just for your amusement, I am just now going through the same thing with a new Tiffany ring. For the life of me I can't make it feel comfortable, and it's just a little anniversary band. I've only had it a day!!!! I don't know why, and this is my third or fourth try with different mm thickness, height, etc. And I love it, but nope...it just doesn't sit right in the crevice of my finger. A total mystery.
I love channel set rings, so I purchased a 2mm eternity from Etsy. It’s a bit more comfortable because it’s thinner, but like you stated earlier- nothing is more comfortable than a plain wedding band.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve learned not to tweak settings. Especially if they are stamped Tiffany. But that’s just me. If I didn’t ever plan to resell it, I would probably send it to a very trustworthy high end jeweler and they could assess the outcome.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And where is a picture of said new Tiffany beauty??

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
And where is a picture of said new Tiffany beauty??
Hey Alex, I returned it this morning. Not even worth taking a picture of ! But, I am on the hunt, and will post as soon as I find my little unicorn! I promise!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Alex, I returned it this morning. Not even worth taking a picture of ! But, I am on the hunt, and will post as soon as I find my little unicorn! I promise!

Oh no! Which ring style was it & why do you think it was so uncomfortable? I’m surprised at Tiffany. I would expect the comfort of silk every time for the prices they charge. Looking forward to the replacement though :cool2:

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! Which ring style was it & why do you think it was so uncomfortable? I’m surprised at Tiffany. I would expect the comfort of silk every time for the prices they charge. Looking forward to the replacement though :cool2:
it was an anniversary band kind of like yours, but the edges were really squared off.
They've sort of modified some of their classic designs.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve learned not to tweak settings. Especially if they are stamped Tiffany. But that’s just me. If I didn’t ever plan to resell it, I would probably send it to a very trustworthy high end jeweler and they could assess the outcome.
It is one of my two original wedding bands, so no chance of ever selling it.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I had this done recently to my 2mm channel set Tiffany eternity band. The sharp edges just didn’t look right to my eyes, and I didn’t want it digging into the prongs of my solitaire. I LOVE IT! It’s so much more comfortable now, and it looks like I feel it was supposed to look in the first place.

I just took it to a local jeweler. All he said he did was give it a “good buffing.” It’s a minuscule change as far as the amount of metal goes, but it feels sooo much better.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had this done recently to my 2mm channel set Tiffany eternity band. The sharp edges just didn’t look right to my eyes, and I didn’t want it digging into the prongs of my solitaire. I LOVE IT! It’s so much more comfortable now, and it looks like I feel it was supposed to look in the first place.

I just took it to a local jeweler. All he said he did was give it a “good buffing.” It’s a minuscule change as far as the amount of metal goes, but it feels sooo much better.
Oh thank you for responding! Do you have pictures of the finished product?

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank you for responding! Do you have pictures of the finished product?
I’m so sorry I’m just now seeing this! I will take some pics tonight when I can use my husband’s phone. I managed to break the camera on my iPhone and have been too lazy to get it fixed/replaced!

It’s a very minuscule difference, but it feels so much better to have those sharp edges smoothed a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results