shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP 2.55ct I VS1 Strong Fluorescence or this 2.7ct J VS1 Medium Fluorescence?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all,
I have been shopping for diamond the last few days and really need your input. I come down to these two diamond priced about the same and would like some input please.
Thanks in advance.

2.55ct I color VS1 Strong blue fluorescence GIA
Jeweler confirmed with the diamond source no brown, milky and green.
Table 57 depth 62 crown 34.5 pavilion 40.8
HCA 1.5 with 3 excellent and 1 very good
Link for video of the diamond
https://segoma.com/v.aspx?type=view&id=BPL84BKEHL

57542D04-7D27-4846-912E-AFE392955C6C.jpeg
FFB7F5F8-A5A5-458D-BAA9-23BD3D905083.jpeg
6F74CC45-6FB8-4DCA-BCF4-97F93018F89E.jpeg
85D0F472-D7FC-44F5-BFF4-675051997922.jpeg
FD9F2ED9-2BD1-4497-900A-A11510640E34.jpeg
AC4D3AC7-E1E1-4C9F-B9B7-7D12B47D14E3.jpeg

2.7ct J color VS1 medium fluorescence GIA
Table 59% Depth 60.2 Crown 32 Pavilion 41
HCA 1.2 with 3 excellent and 1 very good
Link https://segoma.com/v.aspx?type=view&id=FXV45XSJ4D

0611D39C-44ED-44C3-BDF3-3DF9CA1AF6E4.jpeg CC2285BE-81BE-4A01-A368-02C8AFD3DD3D.jpeg 61AABC55-785B-4E5A-934B-B871AF9AE95C.jpeg F798F938-31A1-47D3-9453-5394D06360CA.jpeg EE386938-C6D5-4863-88BF-27470F068AA9.jpeg 24F673A5-1859-49C4-B581-7EE9176EF0B4.jpeg

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Additional thoughts:
Vendor said 2.55ct have very good luster compared to 2.7ct have excellent luster, but the 2.7ct have a 2%bigger table and with crown angle 32 degree, will it make the top look flat? Or does this combo make it works?

Strong fluorescence often get view as a bad thing, will some one go with a J color with medium and give up the I color because of the fluorescence?

On the ASET image heart image the 2.7ct diamond show some yellow color. Does it mean the yellow tint is showing? And should I be concern that the J will show significant color compare to the I diamond?

Again, please help with input and thanks!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm I'm not a diamond expect.

However based on my personal preference for angles I prefer the one with the 57% table rather than the 59% table. The 59% table isn't quite a sixty/sixty diamond but it nearly is. There's nothing wrong with sixty/sixty diamonds but they tend to err more towards very white flashes of light rather than rainbow coloured flashes of fire, so it would depend on your personal preferences.

So that's what, 1 point for the I and 0 for the J.

Next is the colour - have you seen the different spectrums of colour? If not, then I would recommend seeing them in person from a GIA or AGS certificated stone. People have different tolerances for them. The fluorescence will help but has its own things to think about, too.

Next is the imaging - okay a bit out of my comfort zone with the imaging. To me they both look a bit leaky under the table but that may just be how hugely backlit they are. I would need someone else to chime in on the imaging really.

Fluorescence is another thing to think carefully about. Well done for finding out if there are any issues with the fluorescence affecting the quality of the diamond. Overall personally I like that fluorescence can help reduce the colour of the diamond, but it also can make the stone look blue in sunlight. Some people love that effect and some people don't. It affects the sell-on ability too. All things to consider. Personally, whilst I have nothing against fluorescence, my comfort zone with fluorescence is medium rather than strong. But I would prioritise light performance over fluorescence so I would still be more inclined for the I rather than the J.

Basically I think if you can, you need to see these stones in person. Have you thought about what refund policy is in place? Have you thought about upgrades in the future?

Can I be really honest? I wouldn't go for either of these diamonds based on just this information. Let us know what exposure you've had to different diamonds in person, what you like, what your hopes and dreams are for the different aspects of diamond cut/size/colour/clarity and we can help you look.

:)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the i colored stone better as well but both appear to have a fair bit of light leakage in the idealscop/ASET images.

Since you love strong fluorescence I will share a diamond I came across yesterday, it’s an N and not cut very well (it was cut for weight at just over 6cts) when I saw it I knew this was the hazy look everyone refers to so it was neat to see it in person as I’ve never seen that before. This was GIA certificated so the sales associate pulled the feet and sure enough strong blue! What this taught me was you wcan definitely tell if flou has adverse effects in a diamond very quickly, even to untrained eyes. Hopefully you can find a beautiful stone with the strong flou you want

D52C2AA1-3E79-4E91-8A2F-D9A444B61AED.jpeg
BB26C744-DA7C-4602-838B-777137F34C9B.jpeg

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm I'm not a diamond expect.

However based on my personal preference for angles I prefer the one with the 57% table rather than the 59% table. The 59% table isn't quite a sixty/sixty diamond but it nearly is. There's nothing wrong with sixty/sixty diamonds but they tend to err more towards very white flashes of light rather than rainbow coloured flashes of fire, so it would depend on your personal preferences.

So that's what, 1 point for the I and 0 for the J.

Next is the colour - have you seen the different spectrums of colour? If not, then I would recommend seeing them in person from a GIA or AGS certificated stone. People have different tolerances for them. The fluorescence will help but has its own things to think about, too.

Next is the imaging - okay a bit out of my comfort zone with the imaging. To me they both look a bit leaky under the table but that may just be how hugely backlit they are. I would need someone else to chime in on the imaging really.

Fluorescence is another thing to think carefully about. Well done for finding out if there are any issues with the fluorescence affecting the quality of the diamond. Overall personally I like that fluorescence can help reduce the colour of the diamond, but it also can make the stone look blue in sunlight. Some people love that effect and some people don't. It affects the sell-on ability too. All things to consider. Personally, whilst I have nothing against fluorescence, my comfort zone with fluorescence is medium rather than strong. But I would prioritise light performance over fluorescence so I would still be more inclined for the I rather than the J.

Basically I think if you can, you need to see these stones in person. Have you thought about what refund policy is in place? Have you thought about upgrades in the future?

Can I be really honest? I wouldn't go for either of these diamonds based on just this information. Let us know what exposure you've had to different diamonds in person, what you like, what your hopes and dreams are for the different aspects of diamond cut/size/colour/clarity and we can help you look.

:)
Hello there, I am upgrading my 1.5 E color vs2 with this jeweler since I bought this from her . She will let me upgrade with the original diamond and pay the different and this will be her policy with her ordering the diamond from the vendor. She does not have the diamond in house.

I also have the H color and I think the fluorescence help boost the color and somehow I like the H better. The H is 1.24ct have more fire, the E 1.5ct is more white flash. The size different is very minimal. And H look whiter face up compared to the E, the yellow tint is different to see from my H diamond, and only under strong lighting like flash light in the dark I see that the H have more yellow tint compared to the E diamond.

So I am willing to go down on color for a bigger size diamond. And also budget is a concern. So instead of paying $30k for the diamond and setting somewhere else. I would paying less when upgrading with this jeweler. She is charging 22k for the I diamond and 4k for the setting after tax. From what I see a better I color from somewhere else may cost around $30k? Then I will have to search for the setting also.

I don’t want to buy from somewhere else because I will be left with the E diamond, and need to sell it myself. I asked two people how much they will buy the E diamond and they are ranging from $7800 to $8200.

That’s why it’s been so hard to find a good one.... I am so torn right now.

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I like the i colored stone better as well but both appear to have a fair bit of light leakage in the idealscop/ASET images.

Since you love strong fluorescence I will share a diamond I came across yesterday, it’s an N and not cut very well (it was cut for weight at just over 6cts) when I saw it I knew this was the hazy look everyone refers to so it was neat to see it in person as I’ve never seen that before. This was GIA certificated so the sales associate pulled the feet and sure enough strong blue! What this taught me was you wcan definitely tell if flou has adverse effects in a diamond very quickly, even to untrained eyes. Hopefully you can find a beautiful stone with the strong flou you want

D52C2AA1-3E79-4E91-8A2F-D9A444B61AED.jpeg
BB26C744-DA7C-4602-838B-777137F34C9B.jpeg

Thanks for your input and the picture. I definitely don’t have the diamond to be hazy, that’s why I am considering the J color one because it’s medium fluorescence compared to strong with the I color.

But it seems most people are picking the I over the J because other problems the J color has.

I guess if the I color truly have no issue on being milky and hazy I should pick the I color.

Both diamond is 22k tax included and the setting I choose is 4K. I am upgrading from this jeweler with my E color and will pay her 15k and if buy somewhere else I will have to pay the full 26k....Does the price it do its justice?

Thanks for your advice.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input and the picture. I definitely don’t have the diamond to be hazy, that’s why I am considering the J color one because it’s medium fluorescence compared to strong with the I color.

But it seems most people are picking the I over the J because other problems the J color has.

I guess if the I color truly have no issue on being milky and hazy I should pick the I color.

Both diamond is 22k tax included and the setting I choose is 4K. I am upgrading from this jeweler with my E color and will pay her 15k and if buy somewhere else I will have to pay the full 26k....Does the price it do its justice?

Thanks for your advice.

I hate paying tax! If your jeweler is doing a buyback on the current diamond then I say go for it because it’s going to take longer to sell on your own. I do think 4K for that setting is overpriced so maybe see if they can do better on that

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not an expert, but have seen and owned some number of diamonds. My opinion:
I color diamond - Like the cut/angle proportions and prefer I color over J. The big unknown is the strong Fluorescence. Once I considered a diamond with SF. The store owners and sales agents all told me the diamond did not have a hazy look. I looked at it at my home for two days under various lighting conditions, and I could not agree the diamond was not hazy looking. The lesson learned here is never buy a diamond with SB without examining it at home. Therefore, make sure there is a good return policy.
J color diamond - Although the angle combinations suggest a good candidate for maximum light return, I prefer diamonds with higher crown angles for more fire. I have one diamond with shallow crown (almost 34 degrees) purchased before PS. The diamond looks bright, but "flat". Another con for me is the lower color of J. I am not extremely color sensitive, but I prefer not getting any diamonds lower than I. Especially for a large diamond over 2-carat size, the tint is more obvious.
I do own a small. 0.3-ct J color diamond. It is used in my multi-station dbty necklace. Tint is less obvious due to small size, distraction by other bigger diamonds/metal, and jewelry usage (eg., necklace vs ring).

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I hate paying tax! If your jeweler is doing a buyback on the current diamond then I say go for it because it’s going to take longer to sell on your own. I do think 4K for that setting is overpriced so maybe see if they can do better on that

This is the setting I am look at and The jeweler kept saying she is not making money on my stone and she is also doing a buy back from me, she said she is only making money from the setting. I don’t know if that is really true, but here is the setting she showed me.

7EC42C66-0552-418A-903E-D37ABA635245.png

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Not an expert, but have seen and owned some number of diamonds. My opinion:
I color diamond - Like the cut/angle proportions and prefer I color over J. The big unknown is the strong Fluorescence. Once I considered a diamond with SF. The store owners and sales agents all told me the diamond did not have a hazy look. I looked at it at my home for two days under various lighting conditions, and I could not agree the diamond was not hazy looking. The lesson learned here is never buy a diamond with SB without examining it at home. Therefore, make sure there is a good return policy.
J color diamond - Although the angle combinations suggest a good candidate for maximum light return, I prefer diamonds with higher crown angles for more fire. I have one diamond with shallow crown (almost 34 degrees) purchased before PS. The diamond looks bright, but "flat". Another con for me is the lower color of J. I am not extremely color sensitive, but I prefer not getting any diamonds lower than I. Especially for a large diamond over 2-carat size, the tint is more obvious.
I do own a small. 0.3-ct J color diamond. It is used in my multi-station dbty necklace. Tint is less obvious due to small size, distraction by other bigger diamonds/metal, and jewelry usage (eg., necklace vs ring).

Hi there, from all the advice so far I agreed the I is a better choice. And fluorescence is what I need to worry about now. There is no return policy because I am doing an upgrade and the jeweler buying back my previous diamond, but she said I can always upgrade and getting another diamond, but it will have to be a bigger stone.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the setting I am look at and The jeweler kept saying she is not making money on my stone and she is also doing a buy back from me, she said she is only making money from the setting. I don’t know if that is really true, but here is the setting she showed me.

7EC42C66-0552-418A-903E-D37ABA635245.png

Buying wholesale diamonds is stupid cheap, she is still making money on selling that diamond to you but maybe not at her normal profit margin. The setting is overpriced in my opinion but if you feel like it’s a good deal than that is all that matters, plus the buyback is nice. She can turn around and make a nice profit on an E diamond

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would not get into yet another buyback restriction, which now involves more money. If I cannot inspect the diamond at my home and return for full cash refund, I would pass.
Your 1.5 E VS2 can be in greater demand than a larger and much lower color grade diamond, and thus is easier to sell (by your jeweler, for example). Have you considered contacting WF or BGD (or other PS vendors) to find out the worth of your E color diamond and the net cost of upgrading with their in-house diamond? These vendors can help you find the diamond that suits your preferences and also get your dream setting (for a fair price).

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I would not get into yet another buyback restriction, which now involves more money. If I cannot inspect the diamond at my home and return for full cash refund, I would pass.
Your 1.5 E VS2 can be in greater demand than a larger and much lower color grade diamond, and thus is easier to sell (by your jeweler, for example). Have you considered contacting WF or BGD (or other PS vendors) to find out the worth of your E color diamond and the net cost of upgrading with their in-house diamond? These vendors can help you find the diamond that suits your preferences and also get your dream setting (for a fair price).

I found the E color with mostly white flash and don’t like it personally. I contacted two places and they gave me $7800-$8200 for my E color diamond.

The other thing is that she said is that if I don’t like the diamond, I can always exchange for another one but it will have to be a diamond she has in-house.

I am hoping that the I color don’t have issue with the fluorescence. Her vendor was honest enough to tell me one of the 2.51ct diamond that I was looking would appear milky and stated on their paper, and tell me this one also do not have brown milky green issue.

Last edited:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I do have some concerns here. :) Let me try and talk them through.

1. I honestly don't mind I over J or J over I. My concern is, so far you are used to an E and an H, and to your eyes the E is more tinted. Tell us more about both your E and H? Who did their certificates? Do you have their numbers/angles to hand? A really well cut lower coloured diamond will look better than a poorly coloured higher coloured diamond. You need to see the colour in person so you know whether or not you're okay with it or not. This no refund thing is therefore a problem unless you can see them beforehand.

2. My preference over the I is only due to the angles it has, but I am still worried about the images of both of these diamonds. If they are leaky they will show their baseline colour more.

3. The fluorescence ... I think you need to SEE the diamonds. Strong fluorescence especially, I think that needs to be a really carefully thought out thing and you should see the diamond.

4. There's no way that this jeweller is not making money on the diamond and the setting is very expensive for what it is. I dislike it when jewellers go on about that even if it's true... but it's not sounding particularly true to me.

5. I think you're feeling a bit tied into this jeweller because of the buy back. Yes okay you've paid tax on your diamond that you bought from her in the first place but that doesn't necessarily mean the 100% buyback you're getting from her is the best use of your money or your best decision. Especially if you're then going to pay more than you need on a setting!!! Trust me, I bought a diamond that had 100% buyback from the same jeweller, and originally I was really chuffed. But in the end I haven't used that because I was being ripped off hugely and not getting the cut I wanted. With the route I've now taken, I have saved the equivalent of THOUSANDS of dollars of money by carefully selling my ring and then buying a well thought out stone from a vendor I trust. And that's with me still overpaying somewhat to get the particular brand I want. So think carefully.

6. NO return policy! Alarm bells!

7. What I would do if I were you is see whether a vendor like Whiteflash would part exchange with your current stone. They may or may not. I would then buy one of their ACA cut diamonds, with the whole of the budget you're working with and go for a simple setting. And then in a year or two upgrade the setting. Or if the setting is important to you pay a little less for the diamond and figure out where you would compromise. Not only would there be a refund policy for you but they have an amazing exchange scheme too for the future.

So example stones might be:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022273.htm (I can't currently open the certificate so I don't know what the SI1 looks like, but it's eye clean (from 10 inches away face up is their definition).

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4018659.htm

These may be over your budget but it's just something to encourage you think about your options. Those stones will be beautiful and when they're so well cut they will look whiter.

For your jeweller, I mean it was good that she was able to get the diamond images, that's quite impressive and kudos to her, but I don't think either of these are the correct diamonds really. If you want to continue with her that's fine but it might take a bit of looking, and please come back here with your options.

Hopefully I've given you useful things to think about. :)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found the E color with mostly white flash and don’t like it personally. I contacted two places and they gave me $7800-$8200 for my E color diamond.

The other thing is that she said is that if I don’t like the diamond, I can always exchange for another one but it will have to be a diamond she has in-house.

22000 minus 8200 is 13800. I would see if she will go lower than the 15k and give it to you at 13800 range. Honestly I don’t like how she is restricting you but I also understand it, it’s just not the best customer service attitude.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I do have some concerns here. :) Let me try and talk them through.

1. I honestly don't mind I over J or J over I. My concern is, so far you are used to an E and an H, and to your eyes the E is more tinted. Tell us more about both your E and H? Who did their certificates? Do you have their numbers/angles to hand? A really well cut lower coloured diamond will look better than a poorly coloured higher coloured diamond. You need to see the colour in person so you know whether or not you're okay with it or not. This no refund thing is therefore a problem unless you can see them beforehand.

2. My preference over the I is only due to the angles it has, but I am still worried about the images of both of these diamonds. If they are leaky they will show their baseline colour more.

3. The fluorescence ... I think you need to SEE the diamonds. Strong fluorescence especially, I think that needs to be a really carefully thought out thing and you should see the diamond.

4. There's no way that this jeweller is not making money on the diamond and the setting is very expensive for what it is. I dislike it when jewellers go on about that even if it's true... but it's not sounding particularly true to me.

5. I think you're feeling a bit tied into this jeweller because of the buy back. Yes okay you've paid tax on your diamond that you bought from her in the first place but that doesn't necessarily mean the 100% buyback you're getting from her is the best use of your money or your best decision. Especially if you're then going to pay more than you need on a setting!!! Trust me, I bought a diamond that had 100% buyback from the same jeweller, and originally I was really chuffed. But in the end I haven't used that because I was being ripped off hugely and not getting the cut I wanted. With the route I've now taken, I have saved the equivalent of THOUSANDS of dollars of money by carefully selling my ring and then buying a well thought out stone from a vendor I trust. And that's with me still overpaying somewhat to get the particular brand I want. So think carefully.

6. NO return policy! Alarm bells!

7. What I would do if I were you is see whether a vendor like Whiteflash would part exchange with your current stone. They may or may not. I would then buy one of their ACA cut diamonds, with the whole of the budget you're working with and go for a simple setting. And then in a year or two upgrade the setting. Or if the setting is important to you pay a little less for the diamond and figure out where you would compromise. Not only would there be a refund policy for you but they have an amazing exchange scheme too for the future.

So example stones might be:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022273.htm (I can't currently open the certificate so I don't know what the SI1 looks like, but it's eye clean (from 10 inches away face up is their definition).

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4018659.htm

These may be over your budget but it's just something to encourage you think about your options. Those stones will be beautiful and when they're so well cut they will look whiter.

For your jeweller, I mean it was good that she was able to get the diamond images, that's quite impressive and kudos to her, but I don't think either of these are the correct diamonds really. If you want to continue with her that's fine but it might take a bit of looking, and please come back here with your options.

Hopefully I've given you useful things to think about. :)

1. Both are GIA
H color 1.24ct IF clarity strong fluorescence 3ex
Table 58 depth 62 crown 34.5 pavilion 41.2

E color 1.5ct vs2 medium fluorescence 3ex
Table 58 depth 61.9 crown 35.5 pavilion 40.8

2. Someone told me the image that were taken is not that great because the diamond is tilted and too much back lit. and it probably show more leaks because of that.

3. I have worries on the fluorescence too, that’s why it’s been holding me back.

4. I agreed she is definitely making money as well. It’s the buy back that attracting me.

5. I really like the setting she showed me and even with a setting I see from WF Bluenile and other site with other setting that look similar is about the same price $4k. Out of all the setting, I still like the one she showed me. That’s why this make me lean toward purchasing for her as well.

6. Yea I would love that she offer return policy.

7. I will look into it, but I doubt that because they don’t want fluorescence in E color diamond. I was uneducated when I purchased the E. I was looking at the $27k diamond myself from WF but it is over my budge because it would end up to be $30k with tax and then also the setting...

You did gave me a lot to think about. And thank you so much for it! Let me know what you think of the E diamond I have.

Last edited:

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
22000 minus 8200 is 13800. I would see if she will go lower than the 15k and give it to you at 13800 range. Honestly I don’t like how she is restricting you but I also understand it, it’s just not the best customer service attitude.

I be been bargaining with her for the past week, and that is the lowest number she said she will go about. She first gave me a price of $24k for the diamond.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I be been bargaining with her for the past week, and that is the lowest number she said she will go about. She first gave me a price of $24k for the diamond.

Well boo! Ok so another plan is to sell the E for $8200 then use that money towards buying from Whiteflash! If you don’t live in Texas then it’s tax free.

This option that @Lykame found would be $14,300 out of pocket with no setting, but it’s a way better diamond and they give you a lifetime upgrade program which is amazing. It is a J but because the cut is superior it will face up whiter. Honestly I think this is a better option for you diamond wise.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022273.htm

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Your H coloured diamond sits in the 'excellent' rather than 'ideal' section of the AGSL proportion charts, but it's honestly not bad angles wise. I haven't calculated the HCA.

E color 1.5ct vs2 medium fluorescence 3ex Table 58 depth 61.9 crown 35.5 pavilion 40.8

This sits just on the edge of ideal. Again I haven't calculated the HCA. However I guess with both of these those numbers are averages. They're not bad stones though, and you do have two stones with fluorescence there - the strong fluorescence in your H may be why it appears whiter to you.

Interestingly DEF stones with fluorescence seem to do badly compared to other stones for resale. I don't understand why unless it negatively affects the look of the diamond.

It may be that the images were slightly tilted and it may be that the backlighting was too bright. I can't really comment too well because I am terrible at interpreting ASETs especially unless they're perfect. As soon as they don't look perfect I don't know why they don't. I can't think of anyone in particular to link into this thread to be more certain about it?

Don't get me wrong I was also attracted by the buy back and it may be that it works out really well for you, so long as you get the diamond you want too.

Give Whiteflash a chance. I offered them my medium blue fluorescence F coloured diamond and they accepted it for part exchange. I did not use it sadly but at the time I did it they were accepting. I think they go through spates though of times when they're more likely to accept against times they're less likely to accept. I cannot say that just because they accepted mine that they would also accept yours.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Your H coloured diamond sits in the 'excellent' rather than 'ideal' section of the AGSL proportion charts, but it's honestly not bad angles wise. I haven't calculated the HCA.

E color 1.5ct vs2 medium fluorescence 3ex Table 58 depth 61.9 crown 35.5 pavilion 40.8

This sits just on the edge of ideal. Again I haven't calculated the HCA. However I guess with both of these those numbers are averages. They're not bad stones though, and you do have two stones with fluorescence there - the strong fluorescence in your H may be why it appears whiter to you.

Interestingly DEF stones with fluorescence seem to do badly compared to other stones for resale. I don't understand why unless it negatively affects the look of the diamond.

It may be that the images were slightly tilted and it may be that the backlighting was too bright. I can't really comment too well because I am terrible at interpreting ASETs especially unless they're perfect. As soon as they don't look perfect I don't know why they don't. I can't think of anyone in particular to link into this thread to be more certain about it?

Don't get me wrong I was also attracted by the buy back and it may be that it works out really well for you, so long as you get the diamond you want too.

Give Whiteflash a chance. I offered them my medium blue fluorescence F coloured diamond and they accepted it for part exchange. I did not use it sadly but at the time I did it they were accepting. I think they go through spates though of times when they're more likely to accept against times they're less likely to accept. I cannot say that just because they accepted mine that they would also accept yours.

I chat with WF and they current do not accept trade, but they will double check. It might take up to a week for them to get back to me... most likely I guess they won’t take it.

Can you help me find diamond on bluenile from their Astor selection? Price arranging from 24k-$27k. I have a diamond from them cost $12k, they will take one of my other diamond for 10.5k if the price is not double from the original price , is the diamond I pick is double the original price $12k then they will take 12k as a credit toward my next diamond.

Thanks in advance.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Well boo! Ok so another plan is to sell the E for $8200 then use that money towards buying from Whiteflash! If you don’t live in Texas then it’s tax free.

This option that @Lykame found would be $14,300 out of pocket with no setting, but it’s a way better diamond and they give you a lifetime upgrade program which is amazing. It is a J but because the cut is superior it will face up whiter. Honestly I think this is a better option for you diamond wise.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022273.htm

Yes I don’t feel comfortable buying from the jeweler anymore. Now I have to take back my $ 800 deposite. I hope she doesn’t give me problem, or maybe I will purchase the setting from her and buy the diamond somewhere else.

I am an implusive shopper and thankfully you guys are stopping me.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I chat with WF and they current do not accept trade, but they will double check. It might take up to a week for them to get back to me... most likely I guess they won’t take it.

Can you help me find diamond on bluenile from their Astor selection? Price arranging from 24k-$27k. I have a diamond from them cost $12k, they will take one of my other diamond for 10.5k if the price is not double from the original price , is the diamond I pick is double the original price $12k then they will take 12k as a credit toward my next diamond.

Thanks in advance.

I will have a look a bit later when I'm near my computer as that's easier, but I think it's great you're expanding your options. I understand wanting to do things as quickly as possible but this is a lot of money so please take your time and try not to be too impulsive. :lol:

@ac117 is great at finding amazing Bluenile diamonds. To be honest I don't rate their Astor selection I think there are better diamonds outside of it.

If anyone suggests a diamond you like on Bluenile, reserve it IMMEDIATELY because stalkers lurk on these types of threads and take them from under your nose. :) You can then figure out with us if it's the best diamond.

Please can you rephrase your Bluenile budget post again I didn't quite understand.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I will have a look a bit later when I'm near my computer as that's easier, but I think it's great you're expanding your options. I understand wanting to do things as quickly as possible but this is a lot of money so please take your time and try not to be too impulsive. :lol:

@ac117 is great at finding amazing Bluenile diamonds. To be honest I don't rate their Astor selection I think there are better diamonds outside of it.

If anyone suggests a diamond you like on Bluenile, reserve it IMMEDIATELY because stalkers lurk on these types of threads and take them from under your nose. :) You can then figure out with us if it's the best diamond.

Please can you rephrase your Bluenile budget post again I didn't quite understand.

I have another diamond I bought impulsively from bluenile for $12k that I can upgrade with bluenile as well. With their upgrade system the diamond have to be double the price. So I am willing to go that route also. If the diamond is not double the price bluenile said they will pay $10.5k for the diamond I originally bought from them.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I like this one better but it’s not double the trade in price and only 2 ct
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-de...AMONDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&action=newTab

I found this one that is 2.25ct somewhat in the middle. I will have bluenile put it on hold and wait for WF respond back.
In case WF do take my diamond, then I have to choose between this 2.25ct $19.5k from bluenile and the $23K one from WF. Dilemma again... lol
https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...DiamondDetails&action=newTab&catalogView=true

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I found this one that is 2.25ct somewhat in the middle. I will have bluenile put it on hold and wait for WF respond back.
In case WF do take my diamond, then I have to choose between this 2.25ct $19.5k from bluenile and the $23K one from WF. Dilemma again... lol
https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...DiamondDetails&action=newTab&catalogView=true

Personally would go for the Whiteflash option, I think that the Bluenile stone is a very K coloured J and I don't like the shallow crown angle. Well done for putting it on hold though.

The only other option I could find was this:

https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...AMONDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&action=newTab

It's got strong blue fluorescence, so you would definitely have to ask about that, and it's also got slightly atypical angles; you could ask Bluenile if they have idealscope and ASET imagery for it. But I like it. It has an HCA of 1.9.

I like the Whiteflash one more. But I do still like that one.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Personally would go for the Whiteflash option, I think that the Bluenile stone is a very K coloured J and I don't like the shallow crown angle. Well done for putting it on hold though.

The only other option I could find was this:

https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...AMONDS&track=viewDiamondDetails&action=newTab

It's got strong blue fluorescence, so you would definitely have to ask about that, and it's also got slightly atypical angles; you could ask Bluenile if they have idealscope and ASET imagery for it. But I like it. It has an HCA of 1.9.

I like the Whiteflash one more. But I do still like that one.

Cross finger that WF will take my diamond with a good price. Other wise I don’t have an option with them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results