H, I
VS1, VS2
Table - 54-58
Depth - 60-62
Crown Angle - 34-35
Pavilion Angle - 40.6-40.8
Eyeclean
Budget - 10.5-11.5k

Here's what I was recommended after chatting with reps at WF and BG.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4063389.htm

BG only had a 1.5ct.
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/.../1.505-j-vs1-round-diamond-ags-c-104104601059

This will be set on a rose gold solitaire band.

If you guys can find anything else that you think would fit my criteria, please feel free to to post. I appreciate it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also slightly smaller at 1.6 but HPD has these CBI twins (would be perfect for earrings!):
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10663
https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10327

I've been having some intermittent issues accessing the WF site. I saw the stone they recommended briefly and it looked nice but wasn't able to lookup alternatives.

I know you originally said H or I color and are now considering J. Has your intended seen a J colored diamond? People usually start to see tint at I - whether they like it or not is a different story! Some people like the creamy-ness of the color while others prefer a whiter stone. If you're unsure and can't find out, it might be a safer bet to keep it to I color and drop a bit in size. These super ideal vendors all have great upgrade policies, which would allow you to go larger down the road if you/she ever wanted to!

Last edited:

bballj228

Rough_Rock
great advice, thank you! i think i now need to go see a J in store. lowest I saw was an I.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
great advice, thank you! i think i now need to go see a J in store. lowest I saw was an I.

That would be best! Be sure to only look at GIA/AGS graded stones because other labs are softer on grading and also look at them in different lighting (not just spotlighting where all diamonds sparkle and look white).

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
If you are strictly considering “super-ideals”, I’d recommend viewing Hearts on Fire, as they are the closest in cut and specs. If the store carries HOF as well as other GIA XXX, do side by side comparison of H, I, and J. Color is most noticeable from the side or when stone is resting upside down (culet facing up). Sometimes harder to tell face-up, especially with super-ideals, which tend to look whiter. Not well-cut stones tend to present more tint so definitely consider the cut quality when comparing color (want apples to apples).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My two favorites are the last ones, although the second one is good too. The first isn't a true hearts and is GIA graded so you'd need ASET/IS to confirm that the performance is on par with the other options.

If you ever plan to upgrade, go with WF. Their upgrade policy can't be beat. But I do really like the 3rd JA stone as well.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
My two favorites are the last ones, although the second one is good too. The first isn't a true hearts and is GIA graded so you'd need ASET/IS to confirm that the performance is on par with the other options.

If you ever plan to upgrade, go with WF. Their upgrade policy can't be beat. But I do really like the 3rd JA stone as well.

Ditto.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm usually a Whiteflash pusher, since I had such a great experience with them. However, I'd recommend one of the CBI diamonds recommended above. They will sparkle like NO OTHER, I'd wager better than an expert selection WF stone. They have an outstanding trade-up policy, so you can always go bigger or whiter later.

bballj228

Rough_Rock
Hey Guys, I went to a jeweler and saw a J in person and I am actually very comfortable with it! Now a tough decision between JA, WF, or CBI.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Hey Guys, I went to a jeweler and saw a J in person and I am actually very comfortable with it! Now a tough decision between JA, WF, or CBI.

HPD/CBI and Whiteflash offer the best upgrade policies. Even if you do not want to upgrade the size, but ever want to upgrade color and/or clarity, they are the least restrictive in terms of how much more you’d have to spend. Now, if you ever want to upgrade to a different cut, Whiteflash is the way to go since CBI only cuts MRB. In the end, cant go wrong with either. JA, however, has more restrictive upgrade policy, BUT, if don’t wish to upgrade in future AND you’re in love with a JA stone, not a bad deal either.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thritto!

That's great news! The 1.61 J VS1 option from JA is very pretty but looking at the dimensions, the 1.58 J VS2 from WF is actually the exact same size, is less expensive and has a much better upgrade policy. I would eliminate the JA option and decide between either WF stones or either CBI stones.

I'll also put this one out there, which some might not agree with but it's an I color so will be slightly whiter and is listed as eye clean, which I believe it would be unless you're looking from a couple of inches away, and is a little cheaper. I personally prioritize color over clarity as long as it's eye clean (doesn't need to be mind clean for me but does need to look white!) https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4089360.htm

I'd ask WF to pull the stones you're interested in and do a side-by-side photo and/or video for you to decide! They can talk you through the inclusions/eye cleanliness and performance of each stone and it would be also beneficial to ask them which looks whitest (and if the J is a high, true or low range J).

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results