shape
carat
color
clarity

Green sapphire e-ring?

Marie8189

Rough_Rock
I'm completely new here so please forgive my total ignorance.

We purchased my e'ring and it should be here in two days. In the meantime, I'm obsessing wondering if I chose a "bad" gemstone because I can't seem to find a ton of info on green sapphires...at least not this shade of green.
I absolutely love the color and I know that really all that matters is that *I* like it.
Info on quality of cuts, etc. seems so confusing.

It's 2.46 ct, 6.9 x 6.9 mm

A sidenote: we've actually been married a few years and I'm just now picking a ring :oops::lol: 20190302_125515.jpg 20190302_125434.jpg 20190302_125450.jpg

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's large and an even color, but has a grayish mask and is cut deep. I would maybe contact a cutter to see about improving the brilliance (sparkle) of the stone, if you're willing to pay the cost of recutting and resetting to improve the beauty. You'd lose ct wt but keep the same face-up size.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not recut this
I think the color is what I would expect from a green sapphire.
They are not popular because they have a muted forest green color. Green is “done better” by a lot of other gemstones, and sapphire does a lot of colors “better” as well, so those two combinations- it’s just not a go to gemstone.
If you love it and paid a fair price I don’t think you have anything to worry about. And worrying before you have seen it won’t do much anyways. Try just to be excited about it until it’s here- then see how you feel

Marie8189

Rough_Rock
That all makes sense. It's in an art deco style yellow gold and diamond setting, which I sort of like to contrast how moody the sapphire is.
I'm not sure the price I paid for it was fair, necessarily, for ignorance's sake. And the company I bought it from seems notorious for higher prices. It seems about normal from what I can tell compared to a few other sites, though I'm nervous to say it "outloud."
But most other I've seen are lighter or bluer (and absolutely gorgeous in their own right) and...well, I like a more subdued dark green instead of the more intense/ bright greens. Is more sparkle possible in a darker stone? I think that's what makes me second guess it.
I see lighter stones with more brillance; do you have to sacrifice one for the other?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely to have something different. Please come back and post pictures when it arrives. :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s already cut quite well with a high crown and small table. It should sparkle well, given some light. I’d wait for the stone to arrive.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That all makes sense. It's in an art deco style yellow gold and diamond setting, which I sort of like to contrast how moody the sapphire is.
I'm not sure the price I paid for it was fair, necessarily, for ignorance's sake. And the company I bought it from seems notorious for higher prices. It seems about normal from what I can tell compared to a few other sites, though I'm nervous to say it "outloud."
But most other I've seen are lighter or bluer (and absolutely gorgeous in their own right) and...well, I like a more subdued dark green instead of the more intense/ bright greens. Is more sparkle possible in a darker stone? I think that's what makes me second guess it.
I see lighter stones with more brillance; do you have to sacrifice one for the other?
I mean not necessarily sure you can tel lithe brilliance of that stone from the photograph. The camera appears to be tight on her face and idk about the lighting. Again I’d wait to see it before making assumptions about how this will perform.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will be beautiful.
Have a look on YouTube for “greeen sapphire ring” there’s a couple of videos from Certified Jewellers (an eBay seller btw) showing how green sapphire look set into rings.
Obviously inside, at night, it will look less impressive but that is the way with any deep toned gem.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have a Aussie green sapphire ring and they are an unusual delight. Your stone looks a little dull in the pics but I suspect once you get it in person, it'll be brighter and sparklier than this... :love:

If in doubt, you could consult Doug from https://www.bespoke-gems.com/lapidary-services-for-the-jewellery-trade.php to see if he thinks it needs a minor recut to improve. :read:

Reactions: AV_

Marie8189

Rough_Rock
It's here and it's love! It does have a slightly grayish tone and more of a bluish green color changing effect than I expected but it's also sparklier than expected.

The videos on YouTube were really helpful ! 20190304_170017.jpg
20190304_165943.jpg The way it looks in different lighting is really pretty

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here and it's love! It does have a slightly grayish tone and more of a bluish green color changing effect than I expected but it's also sparklier than expected.

Very beautiful, love the setting too. It really showcases the sapphire.
And I must point out one unwritten Pricescope rule... you being “fresh” to this forum.....all beautiful ring postings must contain at least 6 glamorous shots. :kiss2:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! The setting is perfect too!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! It’s gorgeous! In yellow gold, the sapphire looks great. I hope you are pleased! The setting complements your green sapphire.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg! Truly divine!:love::love::love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much prettier than the original pictures and the setting is perfect for it! Congratulations!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, the setting is perfect for the stone! I love how it pops against the richness of the yellow gold. Congratulations on a truly beautiful and unique ring!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it! :love: The setting is divine. Love the yellow gold and the green sapphire is unique and beautiful. Great job!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
:dance:Love it with the gold! Congrats!

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another green sapphire fan???? YAY YAY YAY!!!!
Welcome to the green sapphire club and I love the stone and ring you picked!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! It looks great in the setting, the yellow gold really makes it pop. It has a very different feel compared to other green stones, just lovely :kiss2:. Moar photos please!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Nothing would look as good as a sapphire in this color (a diamond! ,). Dark blue is taken for granted, dark green - as you have it, is surprising; happy to see a beautiful one!

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock

That is sooooo pretty, especially set in the yellow gold. I really like it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really well done. The antique-y color of your sapphire so very much compliments the detail work on your ring. And it looks so good with the yellow gold. It is a lovely and unique ring. So...congrats on your engagement and stable marriage!=)2

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super beautiful AND special! Gorgeous and congratulations:)

AMRN0516

Rough_Rock

It’s beautiful! I always love yellow gold with green! Enjoy and stare!

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
Excellent job on the setting, I think. I saw the photo of the gem, only, and thought, "that's pretty." When I saw it in its setting, I was taken aback by how beautiful it looked. You really brought out the character and color of the gem.

Marie8189

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful, love the setting too. It really showcases the sapphire.
And I must point out one unwritten Pricescope rule... you being “fresh” to this forum.....all beautiful ring postings must contain at least 6 glamorous shots. :kiss2:

Thank you so much! I'm understanding how someone falls in love with a piece of jewelry :D
Well, I don't want to break any rules :whistle::lol: 20190306_080057.jpg 20190306_075753.jpg 20190305_123425.jpg

Marie8189

Rough_Rock
Thank you, all! I genuinely appreciate the kind words on how it turned out I was so nervous wondering how the online mockup would come out on real life.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I'm understanding how someone falls in love with a piece of jewelry :D
Well, I don't want to break any rules :whistle::lol: 20190306_080057.jpg 20190306_075753.jpg 20190305_123425.jpg

What a beautiful ring, Marie! I love the high crown on the stone and how it interacts with the light. The rich green is a lovely and unexpected color. And what a pretty antique setting with scrumptious details!

You designed something unique that suits you so well. Well done!

You know we need nature pictures too, don’t you? :love:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
P.S. Do you mind saying who you sourced the sapphire from? I really do like the high crown. I imagine it brings out the sparkle very nicely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results