shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Christmas gift suggestions - post them here!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're like me, you struggle with 'the perfect gift for great Aunt Edna' every year. Or what to get the kids' cello teacher. Or what gift to get ANY teenage boy ever on the face of the planet EVER that isn't clothes!

So if you have any great suggestions - anything where you think to yourself "I knocked that one out of the park!"- please - for the sake of all our Christmas sanity - add them here so we can all benefit from your ingeniousness!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please! If anyone know what to get MY own 16 year old son besides cold hard cash, please let me know!! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I’m so happy you started this thread! I have the most trouble with my daughter-in-law. She appreciates everything but for whatever reason I stress about it. I give my son and daughter-in-law a somewhat large check each..but I also buy them a gift..Money can be cold gift in my opinion..so I like to add the from the heart gift. I purchased a rose gold little diamond cluster band for her. I gave her a few skinny bands I don’t wear anymore this past year....and recently gave her a pair of my bezel moissanite studs because David reset my older diamond studs in a bezel. I just worry if she will like the little cluster ring..BTW..My husband gives me Mad Money Cash for Christmas and my birthday..because it’s fun to buy what I want...He makes a big deal about it..He gets a great mushy card..and writes lovely things in it..so it’s not cold. He just writes the amount on a piece of white paper and folds it up really tiny so I have to unwrap the paper..haha..My husband never wants anything...He will tell me during the year that he wants something for Christmas..so I buy it then. He’s a giver..not a receiver..
I’ll be curious to hear what people get for their loved ones..
Here’s a pic of the two cluster bands I bought..one for her and one for me...The top one is a rose gold band with a subtle twig shank..the one I was thinking of giving her..The bottom band is white gold. The top one looks included but it’s just the way it was photographed. It’s vs f color..and very sparkly..Which one looks the nicest to give her? I’ll keep the other one..The first two photos are of her ring if I give her the rose gold one.
0E34DB64-53BE-43FD-9965-84D112145285.png 0ACA0A33-E05C-4879-B635-17871BE74F05.jpeg
ECCE9601-171F-44B5-A356-7ECD55FD5B1B.jpeg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here's my first one. I have 10 women who serve me at least 5 days a week at our local diner. Over the last 5 years, I've seen these ladies as much as I've seen anyone. So when Christmas rolls around, I like to give them an extra 'tip'.

Last year I did a Christmas theme breakfast mug and matching plate from Pier 1. I filled the mugs with foil wrapped chocolates, then wrapped the whole thing in cellophane and added an Amazon gift card in with their Christmas card. Here's the photo of them wrapped and ready to go. The ladies have talked about these all year!

20181207_222442.jpg

I do the Amazon gift card every year and add something a little extra. This year, when out in California, I was at a town called Los Olivos where the main industry is grapes / wine. But I also came across a large lavender farm. All their products are organic and very lovely, so this year, the diner ladies' gifts are a lavender sachet for their drawer, a lovely lavender cake of soap, and their gift card. I put the whole thing into a cellophane bag (cellophane is your friend at Christmas!) and tied it with a ribbon, and added 2 ornaments that they can remove and hang on their tree as well. :)

20191114_080943.jpg

So these look super festive and can be as cheap or as expensive as you make the gift certificate. In this gift, it's all in the wrapping! Don't they look festive? :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So here's my first one. I have 10 women who serve me at least 5 days a week at our local diner. Over the last 5 years, I've seen these ladies as much as I've seen anyone. So when Christmas rolls around, I like to give them an extra 'tip'.

Last year I did a Christmas theme breakfast mug and matching plate from Pier 1. I filled the mugs with foil wrapped chocolates, then wrapped the whole thing in cellophane and added an Amazon gift card in with their Christmas card. Here's the photo of them wrapped and ready to go. The ladies have talked about these all year!

20181207_222442.jpg

I do the Amazon gift card every year and add something a little extra. This year, when out in California, I was at a town called Los Olivos where the main industry is grapes / wine. But I also came across a large lavender farm. All their products are organic and very lovely, so this year, the diner ladies' gifts are a lavender sachet for their drawer, a lovely lavender cake of soap, and their gift card. I put the whole thing into a cellophane bag (cellophane is your friend at Christmas!) and tied it with a ribbon, and added 2 ornaments that they can remove and hang on their tree as well. :)

20191114_080943.jpg

So these look super festive and can be as cheap or as expensive as you make the gift certificate. In this gift, it's all in the wrapping! Don't they look festive? :appl:

This is perfect for my bus driver, care people for David! I also do a gift card but put it in a bag with chocolates..Yours does look more festive! This would also work for the cleaning ladies!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
During Christmas the Meyer lemons are in full harvest. My favorite gift (hostess, teacher, etc.) is to find vintage glass juicers and make a gift basket with homemade lemon poppyseed bread, a juicer and several juicy lemons. 20191114_072511.jpg 20191114_072503.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just picked up a Go Pro for my niece who is 13. She will love it. For my other niece who is 11 I got 8 brain teaser puzzles. She loves that stuff and is amazing at them.

I am also getting (but haven't yet picked it up) this virtual reality subscription game that comes in different models. Science, environment, space and something else. It looks pretty awesome and I think my nieces would love it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh some other ideas for anyone struggling. For kids they have at Costco this great kid tool set. Perfect for a boy who loves to fix things and create. It's by Dewalt. Kid friendly includes saw, drill etc. Looked awesome IMO.

There are so many cool gifts at Costco. Check them out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
During Christmas the Meyer lemons are in full harvest. My favorite gift (hostess, teacher, etc.) is to find vintage glass juicers and make a gift basket with homemade lemon poppyseed bread, a juicer and several juicy lemons. 20191114_072511.jpg 20191114_072503.jpg

Love Meyer Lemons. They are so yummy. Love them in lemon pie.:lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20181207_222442.jpg

20191114_080943.jpg

These look amazing @mrs-b !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b I’m so happy you started this thread! I have the most trouble with my daughter-in-law. She appreciates everything but for whatever reason I stress about it. I give my son and daughter-in-law a somewhat large check each..but I also buy them a gift..Money can be cold gift in my opinion..so I like to add the from the heart gift. I purchased a rose gold little diamond cluster band for her. I gave her a few skinny bands I don’t wear anymore this past year....and recently gave her a pair of my bezel moissanite studs because David reset my older diamond studs in a bezel. I just worry if she will like the little cluster ring..BTW..My husband gives me Mad Money Cash for Christmas and my birthday..because it’s fun to buy what I want...He makes a big deal about it..He gets a great mushy card..and writes lovely things in it..so it’s not cold. He just writes the amount on a piece of white paper and folds it up really tiny so I have to unwrap the paper..haha..My husband never wants anything...He will tell me during the year that he wants something for Christmas..so I buy it then. He’s a giver..not a receiver..
Here’s a pic of the two cluster bands I bought..one for her and one for me...The top one is a rose gold band with a subtle twig shank..the one I was thinking of giving her..The bottom band is white gold. The top one looks included but it’s just the way it was photographed. It’s vs f color..and very sparkly..Which one looks the nicest to give her? I’ll keep the other one..The first two photos are of her ring if I give her the rose gold one.
0E34DB64-53BE-43FD-9965-84D112145285.png 0ACA0A33-E05C-4879-B635-17871BE74F05.jpeg

Lovely thoughtful gifts!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I get my aunt and uncle Grey Goose lol. They enjoy their Grey Goose and it is the perfect gift to get them because they truly have everything they want and need.

greygoosevodka.png

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Beautiful ring @Mamabean! I would love that!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grid-it organizers - DH uses it when he travels and it helps keep track of chargers, earphones, etc (he was always forgetting stuff) and parents use for their meds; can be used for anything.

Bacon of the month or breakfast gift basket from Nueskes. I usually send those in early Dec so people can use when hosting their own holiday events if they like.

Attachments

• 7D4ADFC5-A6FB-4B9D-929F-DD176BCC3CD4.jpeg
    7D4ADFC5-A6FB-4B9D-929F-DD176BCC3CD4.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 34

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and I get my aunt and uncle Grey Goose lol. They enjoy their Grey Goose and it is the perfect gift to get them because they truly have everything they want and need.

greygoosevodka.png

@missy -

Last Christmas, Grey Goose ran a special; bottle of Grey Goose, 2 mini vodka martini glasses and 2 olive picks with geese on the head - all for the same price as the bottle. So keep an eye out! Someone gave me that combo and I LOVED it. Still use the set often.

ETA It wasn't cheesy.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie -

Best gift I ever got my 16 yr old godson - a balloon ride with his dad. For his birthday, the gift card with specific date was in his birthday card. It is to this day one of his best memories.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Last year I gave some of the adult kids one of these TSA approved bags filled with travel size toiletries, chapstick, tissues, sanitizing wipes, bar shampoo from Lush, etc. If you know the person well you can personalize by getting their favorite perfume/cologne in travel size.
Topped off with either cash or gift cards that suit them. If you know they are headed to another country soon---get some currency for their next trip.

My girlfriends got travel jewelry cases from Wolf.
The Wolf items are such nice quality and I think they are great gifts.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am buying this for a friend's toddler. How monumentally cool is this???!! I got her name monogrammed on the back in swirly black writing - 'Miss Abby'.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last year I gave some of the adult kids one of these TSA approved bags filled with travel size toiletries, chapstick, tissues, sanitizing wipes, bar shampoo from Lush, etc. If you know the person well you can personalize by getting their favorite perfume/cologne in travel size.
Topped off with either cash or gift cards that suit them. If you know they are headed to another country soon---get some currency for their next trip.

Those travel packs are a great idea. And I LOVE the idea of including relevant currency!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

Last Christmas, Grey Goose ran a special; bottle of Grey Goose, 2 mini vodka martini glasses and 2 olive picks with geese on the head - all for the same price as the bottle. So keep an eye out! Someone gave me that combo and I LOVED it. Still use the set often.

ETA It wasn't cheesy.

Thank you @mrs-b, that would be a wonderful gift! I will keep a look out for that. They would love it. They are very picky and they enjoy their Grey Goose. No other vodka will do.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My girlfriends got travel jewelry cases from Wolf.
The Wolf items are such nice quality and I think they are great gifts.

Speaking of toiletry bags, one thing I've given before, mainly to men who I didn't know what to get, is monogrammed hanging toiletry bags. I use these hanging toiletry bags all the time - they're so convenient to keep your stuff in one place on vacation when there often isn't a lot of counter space, and usually the right size so if you're carrying on you can slip the clear bag inside easily. The monogramming them adds a special touch. You can find them at multiple price points and in different styles, and there are plenty of places that give you bulk-order prices if you buy multiple (I bought them for all the men who participated in/helped out with our wedding and I did it from one of those places). I too fill them with things - basics like @Elizabeth35 mentioned and then usually a Jack Black travel size set of things for men, and for women I try to pick a travel size set from a brand I know they like.

Monogrammed tote bags filled with goodies are another one I've done:

(Plenty of other places to get totes, but the Lands End ones are always popular.)

You can also do a bulk order for your family from a promotional place with your shared last name on them, if you share a last name.

Last edited:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the cashmere cardigans from Lands’ End. :D
oh and the scarves....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't celebrate holidays or give gifts for them, but ... :Up_to_something::Up_to_something::Up_to_something: ... I wouldn't mind receiving the center diamond in Ella's avatar.:dance:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bikes. Universally valued, loved, and practical items.

If you've got some that you've outgrown, donate them to a cycle shop that rehabs bikes and donates them. They make great gifts. We donated today!

Get a bike for yourself. Single, electric, and tandem. GET OUT THERE on a bike! You'll love the blingy and fashionable accessories that are available; notwithstanding your heart and lungs just might love, it, a little, too. Put it under (or beside) your tree! :)(or someone else's)

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results