shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PSers, this is a new thread we can use to add what fragrances we are wearing and discuss them. Feel free to add as much or as little info as you wish, but a few thoughts on each scent could be very useful if desired so we can get a feel for each fragrance and decide if it is one we might want to add to our wish lists.... :tongue:

Some examples -

Name of fragrance and type, eau de toilette, eau de parfum, parfum extrait, cologne.

A description of how it smells, what does it remind you of, any pleasant everyday scents or other fragrances?

How does it last on the skin and it's strength, would you knock a skunk out at 20 paces or does the fragrance behave quietly and hover in the background? Or is it something in between?

Availability, where to buy or discontinued?

Do you need to reapply it or will the fragrance last you most of the day?

How does the scent evolve on your skin or does it stay fairly linear?

Do you use or like any body products that go with it?

The above are just some ideas and we don't need to use any particular format when posting.

I'll start.

Today I am wearing Kelly Caleche by Hermes in the eau de toilette version, I am planning on also getting the eau de parfum of this fragrance soon. KC was created by Jean Claude Ellena and released by Hermes in 2007, it is available in Hermes stores, Hermes online and some chosen retailers.

I like this fragrance very much as it is always present but soft. KC opens in a burst of iris and citrus, grapefruit to my nose, it's almost unpleasant on first spraying. But then the fragrance evolves, after it settles it's like baby leather, soft, slight citrus, rose and a little powder, it's quite gentle but lovely. To my nose it does not remind me of Hermes leather which was the inspiration behind the fragrance but it does smell like a very beautiful, classy, expensive leather, I find it's not as refined to my nose as Hermes leather but that would be hard to copy and who really wants to smell like a handbag... :razz: Once the fragrance dries down, I find it's pretty linear, it doesn't change much but I find that's a good thing as I enjoy the dry down.

There are body products in this line but I rarely use those. It took me a while to ' get' Kelly Caleche as I found it a little weird and almost ' chemically' to begin with, but now I really enjoy it. It can pay to set a scent aside and try again some time later, often a fragrance that didn't click before might become a real love later.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, here goes nuttin'.

Today I'm wearing Damask Rose cologne, a discontinued scent by Crabtree & Evelyn, those champions of discontinuing everything I ever liked. Grr.

Anyhoo, the bottle is now about 12-15 years old? And it does seem to have changed a tad from what I remember - a bit less strong perhaps? But it is still a sweet, soft scent and very....straight? somehow? (And now we get a taste of Karen's non-standard descriptive weirdness) It has none of the "curliness" that I associate with tea rose scents, which I really don't care for. It's like a smooth veil somehow. It is not in your face, and behaves all the way to the end of the day, with no ugly notes popping out.

(How'd I do?) ;-)

I have been reading some scent blogs this morning - reading someone's list of "rose" perfumes. Most of them I have not the faintest clue about, but I was reminded that I did have a bottle of Paris back in the day, another "rose" scent (according to the blog). I don't recall what happened to it though. I may have gotten tired of it and/or given it away.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1401543899|3683760 said:
OK, here goes nuttin'.

Today I'm wearing Damask Rose cologne, a discontinued scent by Crabtree & Evelyn, those champions of discontinuing everything I ever liked. Grr.

Anyhoo, the bottle is now about 12-15 years old? And it does seem to have changed a tad from what I remember - a bit less strong perhaps? But it is still a sweet, soft scent and very....straight? somehow? (And now we get a taste of Karen's non-standard descriptive weirdness) It has none of the "curliness" that I associate with tea rose scents, which I really don't care for. It's like a smooth veil somehow. It is not in your face, and behaves all the way to the end of the day, with no ugly notes popping out.

(How'd I do?) ;-)

I have been reading some scent blogs this morning - reading someone's list of "rose" perfumes. Most of them I have not the faintest clue about, but I was reminded that I did have a bottle of Paris back in the day, another "rose" scent (according to the blog). I don't recall what happened to it though. I may have gotten tired of it and/or given it away.

You did great K, it sounds delightful and yet another discontinued scent....grrrrr!!!!! I have lost two old loves the past couple of years, Habanita EDT by Molinard, the new EDP is NOT my Habanita. Also Fifi Chachnil EDP, thankfully the EDT and parfum oil is still available.

I often find many scents don't seem to have a limited shelf life, so your Damask Rose being years old just proves that even though the juice can evolve and sometimes the top notes can distort, often the dry down is still good. I have some vintage Miss Dior from the sixties, the top is a bit off like a little fruit vinegar but the dry down is fantastic. Especially if old perfumes are kept in the dark in their boxes preferably, they can keep very well.

I have a bottle of No 5 EDT from 1970, that one hasn't kept well, it's lost a lot of it's strength but it's still recognizably the ' old' No 5, it still has the original price tag! :D

I used to love Paris too, that was a power house, I haven't tried it in years but my SIL has worn Parisienne which is a Paris flanker by YSL and it was very nice, more violet there perhaps but it might be worth a sniff K.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei|1401542363|3683757 said:
PSers, this is a new thread we can use to add what fragrances we are wearing and discuss them. Feel free to add as much or as little info as you wish, but a few thoughts on each scent could be very useful if desired so we can get a feel for each fragrance and decide if it is one we might want to add to our wish lists.... :tongue:

Some examples -

Name of fragrance and type, eau de toilette, eau de parfum, parfum extrait, cologne.

A description of how it smells, what does it remind you of, any pleasant everyday scents or other fragrances?

How does it last on the skin and it's strength, would you knock a skunk out at 20 paces or does the fragrance behave quietly and hover in the background? Or is it something in between?

Availability, where to buy or discontinued?

Do you need to reapply it or will the fragrance last you most of the day?

How does the scent evolve on your skin or does it stay fairly linear?

Do you use or like any body products that go with it?

The above are just some ideas and we don't need to use any particular format when posting.

I'll start.

Today I am wearing Kelly Caleche by Hermes in the eau de toilette version, I am planning on also getting the eau de parfum of this fragrance soon. KC was created by Jean Claude Ellena and released by Hermes in 2007, it is available in Hermes stores, Hermes online and some chosen retailers.

I like this fragrance very much as it is always present but soft. KC opens in a burst of iris and citrus, grapefruit to my nose, it's almost unpleasant on first spraying. But then the fragrance evolves, after it settles it's like baby leather, soft, slight citrus, rose and a little powder, it's quite gentle but lovely. To my nose it does not remind me of Hermes leather which was the inspiration behind the fragrance but it does smell like a very beautiful, classy, expensive leather, I find it's not as refined to my nose as Hermes leather but that would be hard to copy and who really wants to smell like a handbag... :razz: Once the fragrance dries down, I find it's pretty linear, it doesn't change much but I find that's a good thing as I enjoy the dry down.

There are body products in this line but I rarely use those. It took me a while to ' get' Kelly Caleche as I found it a little weird and almost ' chemically' to begin with, but now I really enjoy it. It can pay to set a scent aside and try again some time later, often a fragrance that didn't click before might become a real love later.

Lorelei, I am sitting here laughing to myself, that's what I am wearing right now (Kelly Caleche). I put it on this morning, I love it. Not a fragrance I could wear everyday. Funny that, I have to be in the right mood to wear certain perfumes. DH and I like our Herme's :wavey:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you started this lol!

Today I am wearing Caron Tabac Blond which Lorelei herself introduced me to. It is my go to scent when I want to feel attractive, confident, or when I just need something that I find comforting to relax in. Some scents tend to be too much or too heavy or get really rancid smelling in the heat of Florida, but not Tabac Blond. Mine is the Eau de Parfum and a little goes a long way.

It starts out with a strong tobacco smell mixed with scents of leather and a little vanilla. The vanilla gets a big stronger on me about midway through the day. The beginning of it makes me think of the seductive beauty of early women in movies. Marlene Dietrich and Heddy Lamar come to mind.
Towards the end of the day it becomes more floral on me, and I get to enjoy a nice relaxing evening with whiffs of light flowers.

It's my sexy perfume. I use it pretty sparingly since I'll probably never get another bottle lol, but it is nice to wear either when I'm going out, or on days when I may not feel my prettiest starting out.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1401555357|3683810 said:
Lorelei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you started this lol!

Today I am wearing Caron Tabac Blond which Lorelei herself introduced me to. It is my go to scent when I want to feel attractive, confident, or when I just need something that I find comforting to relax in. Some scents tend to be too much or too heavy or get really rancid smelling in the heat of Florida, but not Tabac Blond. Mine is the Eau de Parfum and a little goes a long way.

It starts out with a strong tobacco smell mixed with scents of leather and a little vanilla. The vanilla gets a big stronger on me about midway through the day. The beginning of it makes me think of the seductive beauty of early women in movies. Marlene Dietrich and Heddy Lamar come to mind.
Towards the end of the day it becomes more floral on me, and I get to enjoy a nice relaxing evening with whiffs of light flowers.

It's my sexy perfume. I use it pretty sparingly since I'll probably never get another bottle lol, but it is nice to wear either when I'm going out, or on days when I may not feel my prettiest starting out.

DRAGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping to see you, how are you sweetheart???? I am so glad to see you and you are still enjoying Tabac Blond?? I am so glad! That was a few years ago now we were discussing that one, brings back such memories....I have a good stash of the parfum, I still have about half a bottle of the 200ml extrait I had back then plus some further supplies, it's a weird one but so beautiful....It is special and I find it's a real ' bossy boots' fragrance, I find it makes me feel more powerful and sometimes that's good when I need a boost in that direction.

Sending you hugs and to the horses too! xoxoxo

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to see Mike the Perfume Wizard a bit ago. Naturally, I can't recall what all I smelled. He remembers my husband AND what he's sold him for me, so we chatted a bit. He had me smell several, only one of which I liked enough to try on - the new Dolce by Dolce & Gabanna, and I'm not sure if I really like it. I liked the top note, but can't decide on how it's going now. Kinda flat somehow...

Oh, here's a description of the Damask Rose I was wearing this morning (staying power ain't what it used to be I note)

"An old-fashioned soft crisp white flowers floral toilet water faithfully adapted from a 1909 formula with a heady richness of Rosa damascena. It has top notes of damask rose, heart notes of rose, geranium and mimosa on base notes of sandalwood, labdanum and vanilla"

Yeah...uh....I wrote that analysis myself...really. :???:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! I just found perfumeposse.com and read a few entries there, including one where the mods put out their "worst perfumes evah" lists. Those lists plus forum member responses are so freaking hilarious I'm like to DIE! Stuff like this:

"You know, I forgot about the most awful frag we got at Sniffa — the new Yves Rocher Purple So Eiixir. Tuberose, vetiver and patchouli in one bottle, each beating the crap out of the other. It smells like the most artificially-flavoured grape soda mixed with industrial cleaning fluid.

Even my dog winced."

Good thing I don't currently have a cup of coffee, because the number of times I would have spewed on my screen is getting into the double digits.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
K, you are a hoot, but I am quite sure you could wax poetic over anything at all should you wish to do so! :lol:

I think one of my favourite expressions to describe a perfume was ' akin to knitting needles up the nose...' I definitely spilt my coffee over that one, I just wish I could remember which one it was... :read: I just found out, Estee Lauder White Linen, although I am not a fan, I think it's rather an unkind description, but funny though!

Today Simon, I am wearing Jivago 24k EDP, it seems this one is also now discontinued....*sigh* Our DiamondFan introduced me to this one about 10 years ago, it's beautiful. Very strong, almost smells a little like red wine, rose, jasmine and orris are the main notes. It's very exotic, a little soapy and long lasting. The bottle is adorable, Jivago 24k comes in a pointed end bottle with a stand, but it has gold flakes floating inside the liquid, SO lovely!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yesterday I wore: Creed Royal Water. Cologne.

Fresh and bright--I get citrus and herbs, principally basil. At the end of the day, what is left is dirt or wood--I guess the musk.

I am having the most challenging time with fragrance these days--I spray and it is gone! Nothing stays with me anymore. My GF uses her go to Killian and 12 hours later, I can smell it. On me it is 12 seconds! Oh well.

cheers--Sharon

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, that topic was such a hoot. And there was quite a lot of hating on some that I really like, like Tresor. And White Linen (all things EL actually). But the good natured slagging of various scents and the equally good natured ripostes highlight how truly subjective and individual are perceptions of scents.

You are always wearing perfumes that I've never heard of. They all sound exotic and mysterious. :) I do really think living in Oklahoma is a disadvantage in that regard, we just can't find them here, or if they are I've certainly never seen them anywhere I frequent. I think I need to order some samplers from the web to get started in some of the more niche/obscure scents and see if I like any of them.

So, this morning, I went through my rather meager collection just before showering (in case something got overpowering) and remembered that the hubs DID give me one that is a true stinker (hard to say that to the beaming husband who has just gifted you. It would be unkind) - Versace Bright Crystal. I sprayed some of the virtually untouched bottle, and realized it really IS oh-so chemical-ish, and made my nose kinda freak out. In fact, now, post-shower, I can still smell it faintly where I sprayed it. Um...not good. I have noticed what some of the ladies over at perfumeposse have complained about - that so many perfumes nowadays are pretty non-distinctive, to be true for me also. There is a certain sameness or weird note that seems to be in quite a few scents anymore, I don't know. Anyway, mix that with the limited selections around here, and it's no surprise I have trouble finding something I like.

Anyway, for today, I did three small spritzes of Marc Jacobs, and realized that I can't smell it all that well. I had a rather long surgery on Tuesday of this last week, so I wonder if my sniffer has been thrown off by it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1401639579|3684393 said:
HI:

Yesterday I wore: Creed Royal Water. Cologne.

Fresh and bright--I get citrus and herbs, principally basil. At the end of the day, what is left is dirt or wood--I guess the musk.

I am having the most challenging time with fragrance these days--I spray and it is gone! Nothing stays with me anymore. My GF uses her go to Killian and 12 hours later, I can smell it. On me it is 12 seconds! Oh well.

cheers--Sharon

I haven't started on Creed yet Sharon as I have been holding off, but the CRW does sound lovely, sometimes a cologne is just the right thing.

That's a shame scents aren't lasting on you, try spraying inside your clothes, spray yourself then dress, that can help ' trap' the fragrance and make it last longer. I often find anything new never lasts long on me until the bottle is a couple of weeks old, then it seems to stick much better.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1401639881|3684397 said:
You are always wearing perfumes that I've never heard of. They all sound exotic and mysterious. :) I do really think living in Oklahoma is a disadvantage in that regard, we just can't find them here, or if they are I've certainly never seen them anywhere I frequent. I think I need to order some samplers from the web to get started in some of the more niche/obscure scents and see if I like any of them.

K, I do tend to wear mainly niche scents as I am so sick of the department store classics not smelling the same. Here are a couple of places you could try that mail samples.

www.theperfumedcourt.com www.luckyscent.com

Both are stateside so it might be a great way for you to explore!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh great thread I love perfume! I have about 6 different ones and today I'm wearing "Mitsouko" by Guerlain. :love: It's my "I'm all grown up now" perfume. I feel very glamourous when I wear it. To me I can definitely smell a sort of warm, spicy peach with dry mossy undertones. It's quite strong so I use minimally.

According to Fragrentica: "Mitsouko was created by Jacques Guerlain in 1919. Mitsouko is one of the well known aromas of chypre olfactory group with cool top notes and oak moss in the base. But it also has a note of a juicy peach, which gives a clear and quite gourmand nuance. It features bergamot, peach, jasmine, may rose, spices (cinnamon), oak moss, vetiver and wood. The fragrance is exuberant, unusual and elegant, not too sweet, nor heavy, it is well balanced."

Other perfumes I alternate with are:
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/David-Victoria-Beckham/Intimately-Beckham-1948.html
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/L-Occitane-en-Provence/Rose-4-Reines-6267.html
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Arabian-Oud/Naya-21699.html

I used to wear White Linen EL (why does everyone hate that?), Paris YSL and Allure Chanel> I enjoy changing them frequently and sort of consider it part of my "mood' that day :lol:

I'd LOVE to by some Creed or Tom Ford but it is just so darn $$$$$$$........ :((

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1401548705|3683785 said:
[quote="

Lorelei, I am sitting here laughing to myself, that's what I am wearing right now (Kelly Caleche). I put it on this morning, I love it. Not a fragrance I could wear everyday. Funny that, I have to be in the right mood to wear certain perfumes. DH and I like our Herme's :wavey:

Kelly Caleche is a funny one I find, some days it hits the spot perfectly, others it's like an ill fitting sweater, but when it works, it works! Hermes do make some fantastic scents, I think my fave is Ambre Narguile.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread; I just wish that it came with scent samples!

I wore Ormonde Jayne's Sampaquita yesterday, and can still smell it this morning as I drink my tea. It is one of my current favorites for summer, warm, feminine, and with a lovely dry down. It lasts a while (obviously) but is something you can safely wear without knocking people over as you enter a room. It's one of those scents that people notice when they give you a hug, but don't have to stand upwind of you to avoid.

Later on today I'll probably wear DSH's Matsu, which is a wonderful cool, green forest scent. The only downside is that it doesn't last very long, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing as hot as it's been around here.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1401684200|3684763 said:
Ooooh great thread I love perfume! I have about 6 different ones and today I'm wearing "Mitsouko" by Guerlain. :love: It's my "I'm all grown up now" perfume. I feel very glamourous when I wear it. To me I can definitely smell a sort of warm, spicy peach with dry mossy undertones. It's quite strong so I use minimally.

According to Fragrentica: "Mitsouko was created by Jacques Guerlain in 1919. Mitsouko is one of the well known aromas of chypre olfactory group with cool top notes and oak moss in the base. But it also has a note of a juicy peach, which gives a clear and quite gourmand nuance. It features bergamot, peach, jasmine, may rose, spices (cinnamon), oak moss, vetiver and wood. The fragrance is exuberant, unusual and elegant, not too sweet, nor heavy, it is well balanced."

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/David-Victoria-Beckham/Intimately-Beckham-1948.html
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/L-Occitane-en-Provence/Rose-4-Reines-6267.html

I used to wear White Linen EL (why does everyone hate that?), Paris YSL and Allure Chanel> I enjoy changing them frequently and sort of consider it part of my "mood' that day :lol:

I'd LOVE to by some Creed or Tom Ford but it is just so darn $$$$$$$........ :((

I wish I could wear ' Mitsy' Pozzum, I envy you for being able to do so but it just seems to turn on my skin....My bottle is EDP from 2008, I did read Thierry Wasser has reworked Mitsouko to make it more like the original version, I will definitely try it again. Vol de Nuit or Shalimar are my fave classic Guerlains, Chamade is nice too. My absolute Holy Grail Guerlain is Gourmand Coquin, that stuff is heaven in a bottle. I am also fortunate to own Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Cuir Beluga, Tonka Imperiale and Angelique Noir, beautiful all of them.

I find Tom Ford fragrances to be good, I have an enormous decanter bottle of Tobacco Vanille, that's fantastic stuff, I smell dried fruits soaked in alcohol, coco, vanilla and a thread of the best quality tobacco weaving through it, lovely!!

That's so funny with White Linen, it's a nice crisp clean scent but it doesn't get much love for some reason :(( ...It's a shame. I too change my scent according to mood, I might have a phase of wearing the same one for a while then I will drop it and want something different.

I like Allure and I own EDT and EDP but it's rare I find it ' fits' me, I should try it more often.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1401714699|3684884 said:
I love this thread; I just wish that it came with scent samples!

I wore Ormonde Jayne's Sampaquita yesterday, and can still smell it this morning as I drink my tea. It is one of my current favorites for summer, warm, feminine, and with a lovely dry down. It lasts a while (obviously) but is something you can safely wear without knocking people over as you enter a room. It's one of those scents that people notice when they give you a hug, but don't have to stand upwind of you to avoid.

Later on today I'll probably wear DSH's Matsu, which is a wonderful cool, green forest scent. The only downside is that it doesn't last very long, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing as hot as it's been around here.

I love Ormond Jayne's too Aoife, I don't have Sampaquita, I must try that one. I own and love Woman, Ta'if, Orris Noir and Tolu but I think Woman is my favourite. I have both EDP and parfum in Woman, if ever a scent could be described as bewitching, I think that's the one.

Sometimes, Sampaquita as you describe is just what you want, a quiet pleasant smell that doesn't overpower but sits quietly in the background, I will definitely try it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, in the interests of becoming more daring and whatnot, when it comes to scents, I've decided to give my sample of Tom Ford's
Lys Fume a chance to win me over. Just one whiff of the Ombre de Hyacinth made me want to run screaming, but the Lys Fume EDP may, MAY be something I could come to like.

One site says: "Top notes are italian mandarin , pink pepper, turmeric and nutmeg; middle notes are white lily, ylang-ylang, artemisia and rum; base notes are madagascar vanilla, labdanum, styrax and oak. The fragrance features vanilla."

My poor non-discerning nose can barely wrap a nostril around THAT description. Italian mandarin? I envision a short Italian dude with a braid and a silk mandarin collared jacket, speaking Chinese. And artemisa? I used to grow it, but I'm not finding it in there....

I'll let you know how it goes down by the end of the day.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Between my earlier post and now I put on a goodly amount on each wrist only. In that short a time, I can barely discern it with my wrist jammed up to my nose.

Not a lot of staying power in that one, on me at least.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1401720994|3684922 said:
Wow. Between my earlier post and now I put on a goodly amount on each wrist only. In that short a time, I can barely discern it with my wrist jammed up to my nose.

Not a lot of staying power in that one, on me at least.

That's a shame but maybe it's for the best K, I looked it up and apparently it's being retired along with Ombre de Hyacinth.

Moneymeister, I saw Vince Camuto in a store recently and meant to try it but didn't get around to it, I will definitely give it a sniff next time I see it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the only scent I ever wear and only because it reminds me of a wonderful vacation in Berlin I took with my husband and son. I totally would not know how to describe it so I just copied this from a review somewhere.

Bulgari White Tea

Eau Parfumee au The Blanc by Bvlgari is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. Eau Parfumee au The Blanc was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are tea, artemisia, bergamot, bitter orange and orange blossom; middle notes are pepper, cardamom and coriander; base notes are amber, musk, rose, jasmine and woody notes.

Other ones I have tried but never stuck are Marc Jacobs, the one with the polka dotted butterfly on the bottle and... I forget.

I love the white tea so much I got the shampoo too, but the scent doesn't last. I think I just get more and more desensitized to it. :)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1401715439|3684887 said:
HotPozzum|1401684200|3684763 said:

I wish I could wear ' Mitsy' Pozzum, I envy you for being able to do so but it just seems to turn on my skin....My bottle is EDP from 2008, I did read Thierry Wasser has reworked Mitsouko to make it more like the original version, I will definitely try it again. Vol de Nuit or Shalimar are my fave classic Guerlains, Chamade is nice too. My absolute Holy Grail Guerlain is Gourmand Coquin, that stuff is heaven in a bottle. I am also fortunate to own Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Cuir Beluga, Tonka Imperiale and Angelique Noir, beautiful all of them.

I find Tom Ford fragrances to be good, I have an enormous decanter bottle of Tobacco Vanille, that's fantastic stuff, I smell dried fruits soaked in alcohol, coco, vanilla and a thread of the best quality tobacco weaving through it, lovely!!

That's so funny with White Linen, it's a nice crisp clean scent but it doesn't get much love for some reason :(( ...It's a shame. I too change my scent according to mood, I might have a phase of wearing the same one for a while then I will drop it and want something different.

I like Allure and I own EDT and EDP but it's rare I find it ' fits' me, I should try it more often.

Yeah I've hung around the Tom Ford stand at David Jones a few times sniffing them like crack but sadly at $AU200+ each it's just beyond my budget. Stangely I wasnt a fan of the Tobacco Vanille - maybe a little heavy on the vanilla for me. Definitely love some of his others though.

Guerlain perfumes seem to be the real deal to me - perhaps thats why I'm drawn to them. I want pefume to smell like perfume dammit! Not some overly fresh chemical air freshener :roll: I seem to find many modern scents are either sickly fruity sweet OR so "clean" and fresh they are bland and have no longevity. Part of their evil plan to make you wear more/buy more I'm sure... :naughty:

The other one I forgot to add which I'm actually wearing today is this http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Stefano-Canturi/Canturi-10673.html which is unisex. A lovely warm subtle spicy chypre! Forgot just how much I love this perfume...

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1401751328|3685210 said:
This is the only scent I ever wear and only because it reminds me of a wonderful vacation in Berlin I took with my husband and son. I totally would not know how to describe it so I just copied this from a review somewhere.

Bulgari White Tea

Eau Parfumee au The Blanc by Bvlgari is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women and men. Eau Parfumee au The Blanc was launched in 2003. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are tea, artemisia, bergamot, bitter orange and orange blossom; middle notes are pepper, cardamom and coriander; base notes are amber, musk, rose, jasmine and woody notes.

Other ones I have tried but never stuck are Marc Jacobs, the one with the polka dotted butterfly on the bottle and... I forget.

I love the white tea so much I got the shampoo too, but the scent doesn't last. I think I just get more and more desensitized to it. :)

Ah, I love this one for the summer. I find it a crowd pleaser, I wear it to work.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Scent of the day: Chanel coromandel.

I wasn't expecting to get this one out until the autumn, but it's raining buckets today and I need the warmth. I get dry amber, benzoin, spices from this. More importantly, it smells like my grandmothers old house. Which was a red brick fort in the tropics, at least 200 years old. Yes, she had lacquer screens and yes Coromandel smells like them. This fragrance is nice on me, it is SPECTACULAR on my husband. Sex on legs. Women turn up out of nowhere for a sniff and a stroke of his arm. A sharp suit, well coiffed waves of thick hair (the b******!) a nice watch, 2 puffs of Coromandel and they are all over him. They seem to forget he is somewhat short and baby-faced. He smells like money.

Reader, I hid the bottle from him. :halo:

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I'm cracking up over the evisceration of Angel over on perfumeposse...and, full disclosure, I wore it for years because a boyfriend liked it when he smelled it on a coworker and gave me a vat to bathe in.

I'm going through my little samples these days. I'll let you know what today's selection is. Probably Marc Jacob's Honey. Just from sticking the spritzer half-way up my nose, it seems charming enough. My sticking the spritzer up my nose not quite as charming.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei|1401715633|3684889 said:
I love Ormond Jayne's too Aoife, I don't have Sampaquita, I must try that one. I own and love Woman, Ta'if, Orris Noir and Tolu but I think Woman is my favourite. I have both EDP and parfum in Woman, if ever a scent could be described as bewitching, I think that's the one.

Sometimes, Sampaquita as you describe is just what you want, a quiet pleasant smell that doesn't overpower but sits quietly in the background, I will definitely try it.

I love Ta'if, it's my go-to scent when I want something rich and delicious and a little more formal. I wish I could wear Ormonde Woman, since it's exactly the kind of scent I used to wear when I was younger--Chanel's Bois des Iles used to be one of my favorites, and Woman kind of reminds me of that. As I've gotten older my body chemistry has changed, and I can't wear Bois des Iles anymore, and Woman ended up going the same way. Have you tried Frangipani? That's another of my summer favorites, and probably what I'll be wearing later on today.

White Linen gets a lot of disrespect online, but years ago one of my friends used to wear that as her signature scent, and when she wore it it was exactly the way she was: crisp, cool and elegant.

Mitsouko is another scent that to me doesn't smell the same as it used to, not sure if that's my sniffer not being as good as it used to be, or that the composition itself has changed. I still love it, but can't wear it anymore, and can't wear L'Heure Blue, either.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta|1401795291|3685465 said:
Scent of the day: Chanel coromandel.

I wasn't expecting to get this one out until the autumn, but it's raining buckets today and I need the warmth. I get dry amber, benzoin, spices from this. More importantly, it smells like my grandmothers old house. Which was a red brick fort in the tropics, at least 200 years old. Yes, she had lacquer screens and yes Coromandel smells like them. This fragrance is nice on me, it is SPECTACULAR on my husband. Sex on legs. Women turn up out of nowhere for a sniff and a stroke of his arm. A sharp suit, well coiffed waves of thick hair (the b******!) a nice watch, 2 puffs of Coromandel and they are all over him. They seem to forget he is somewhat short and baby-faced. He smells like money.

Reader, I hid the bottle from him. :halo:

:lol:

Very wise of you.

I'm going to have to try this one, based on your description. Is there a sandalwood component?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1401806544|3685533 said:
Lorelei|1401715633|3684889 said:

Mitsouko is another scent that to me doesn't smell the same as it used to, not sure if that's my sniffer not being as good as it used to be, or that the composition itself has changed. I still love it, but can't wear it anymore, and can't wear L'Heure Blue, either.

I read with Mitsouko that the oakmoss restrictions really affected it badly but that Thierry Wasser now at the helm of Guerlain was working on trying to bring Mitsouko back to how it was as closely as possible. I think the newer version might be available now, I am going to town soon so I will try to find out from folk ' in the know,' and I will try it again. Mitsy went almost bread like on my skin, it wasn't good.

L'Heure Bleue made me so sad, I think it's the iris. I did like the newly released flanker, L'Heure de Nuit and plan to try it again, it was lighter than LHB and didn't have that melancholy effect on me. There is something in LHB that made me so sad, amazing to have such a strong reaction to a fragrance.

Vol de Nuit parfum and Shalimar are my two classic Guerlains, maybe the new Mitsouko will join them....

I did try Frangipani and liked it, most of the OJ's have been a hit with me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results