shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally! A "true" photo of the green of Alexandrite!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those of you who know me, know I've been collecting Alexandrite for what seems like hundreds of years. For all of that time, I've never been able to photograph the daytime green colourway that I see with my eyes. The camera usually refuses to photograph it accurately ......... until now! A few days ago I was in my car and looked down at my hand and thought what a shame it was I couldn't capture the green. However, I've recently bought an iPhone 11 so I thought I'd just take a quick photo to see if there was any chance I could capture the green. Imagine my total surprise and delight when, for the first time EVER, I've managed to capture the green I see! I've no idea what's different about this camera because no other iPhone has managed to do this!

So ......... here is what a nice Alex should look like in its green daylight colourway. I'm going to try it with my better Alex in the next few days to see if I can get them to play ball! In the meantime, here you go! (please excuse my chipped nail varnish - I hadn't intended on photographing my hands lol)

Alexandrite 1.PNG Alexandrite 2.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Huzzah for new and improved phone cameras for capturing the true color of our gems! =)2 I look forward to what you post here next.

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
Excellent! My mineral specimen I bought 18 months ago looks a similar green to that in daylight with slightly less blue.

Maybe the iPhone 11 has a different camera sensor to previous versions?

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that is breathtaking.

And yay on a camera capable of capturing the color!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now that means you have to take more pictures of all your Alexandrite! ;-)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So now that means you have to take more pictures of all your Alexandrite! ;-)

Would you believe I very rarely jewellery now?!!!!!

Nick_G

Shiny_Rock
I'd be interested to know if that photo was a lucky one-off or whether it's reproducible. If so, it would appear that the iPhone 11 has a superior camera.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes the iPhone11Pro has a waaay better camera than anything before. I think so does the first 11? This was one of the main reasons I just bought it too. Because I take a lot of jewelry pix and videos. I am still practicing though and sometimes not fully suceeding yet.
Beautiful Alex!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! So glad you got an accurate picture of your ring.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, I've missed you.
Second, we don't give a shit about chipped nail polish, especially when you've graced us with that beauty on your hand :kiss2:

Thank you for taking that picture. She's beautiful!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, I've missed you.
Second, we don't give a shit about chipped nail polish, especially when you've graced us with that beauty on your hand :kiss2:

Thank you for taking that picture. She's beautiful!

Awwww @Arcadian thank you - what a lovely message. I've missed you guys too. I've had a horrible couple of years but I'm hoping that 2020 will be a better decade (for us all)! Big hugs to you my lovely x

Reactions: T L

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes the iPhone11Pro has a waaay better camera than anything before. I think so does the first 11? This was one of the main reasons I just bought it too. Because I take a lot of jewelry pix and videos. I am still practicing though and sometimes not fully suceeding yet.
Beautiful Alex!

I have no idea what the difference is because I certainly couldn't have taken this photo with my iPhone X. The Alex in my avatar never plays ball with a camera so I'm going to try it with the iPhone 11 and see what happens!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be interested to know if that photo was a lucky one-off or whether it's reproducible. If so, it would appear that the iPhone 11 has a superior camera.

I managed to take about 10 photos about an hour apart so I don't think it was a one off. HOWEVER, I'll try with the ring in my avatar tomorrow and see what happens! That one NEVER plays ball so keep your fingers crossed.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Would you believe I very rarely jewellery now?!!!!!

Why? Pls wear them often... take pretty pics for us too. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s very typical alexandrite daylight color. It reminds me of some tourmaline. Very nice!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stone!!!! They are bleepers to take accurate pics of, that's a decent sized one too!!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@LD can’t wait for pix of your ring in the Avatar! Alex are so amazing and that ring is to die for!

I really majorly suck at technical stuff but apparently it is because the phone has three cameras instead of phone. Does yours have three also or two? Beyond that I cannot explain, like I said I am a total idiot at this kind of stuff. I am sure they changed other things as well. I am terrible at taking pix too but learning, especially with the new camera. I cannot say I mind that they upgraded it though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results