shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback from CAD

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I’m getting my 6mm cushion sapphire reset and have just had CADs back and am not good at reading them.

I asked for a fine channel set halo that copied the square shape of the stone (like in the top two pictures). I wanted it with a delicate bezel/ prongs like in @elle_71125 tsavourite. I wanted the side profile to be like the bottom right, with a “floating” open gallery to let in lots of light.

I had asked for 1.3mm diamonds, but the final ring has come back with a 9.9mm diameter and I worry this would be quite large and if I should reduce to slightly smaller? My stone is quite deeply cut and I am thinking of asking the head to be raised a tiny bit too, maybe to 6mm?

Any other comments would be welcome, thank you!

Attachments

• 0A2BBE80-2862-4A8A-AA9B-BF4C88351A3C.jpeg
    0A2BBE80-2862-4A8A-AA9B-BF4C88351A3C.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 83
  • CA9B94DE-8E9B-45D8-99FF-0C8D6C17A118.jpeg
    CA9B94DE-8E9B-45D8-99FF-0C8D6C17A118.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 62
L

lydial

I am also not great at reading CADs but I agree maybe a little higher would improve the lateral aesthetic. I am not sure about the extra 1.4 mm of metal in the head, you should discuss with the maker what that will result in aesthetically compared to your inspiration pictures. I also in general do not like stones down a shank but the sapphire inspiration picture with the channel bead set diamonds on the shank is swoon worthy!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I know this is old and my ring is probably virtually made, but I’m now starting to doubt myself. I’m wondering if I’ve made a mistake having the gallery open and if it would be a risk of loosing my stone. I really wanted it open like in the bottom right inspiration picture to let as much light in, but am now thinking that I should have closed the gallery.

I must have missed your comment @lydial thank you for your comment. I’m having a plain band, but intend on getting a Bead set diamond band to go wth at a later date.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obligatory statement - not an expert - but I don’t think having an open gallery increases your risk of stone loss.
Hope to see your finished ring posted soon!

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Obligatory statement - not an expert - but I don’t think having an open gallery increases your risk of stone loss.
Hope to see your finished ring posted soon!
Thank you! On a side note can you tell me about the diamond band in your avatar? Where is it from and what are the specs?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! On a side note can you tell me about the diamond band in your avatar? Where is it from and what are the specs?

This is it. It’s a vintage piece.
537992B0-E0AE-4E32-B71A-30331500845A.jpeg
They are single cut, not MRB.
Shipping/Customs from UK to USA wasn’t that bad.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
This is it. It’s a vintage piece.
537992B0-E0AE-4E32-B71A-30331500845A.jpeg
They are single cut, not MRB.
Shipping/Customs from UK to USA wasn’t that bad.

What a gem of a find! And I’m in the UK. What a pity I missed out on such a good find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results