shape
carat
color
clarity

Fair Pricing?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For stones in virtual inventory, it's not uncommon to see multiple retailers list the same diamond on their site.

In fact if you are looking at virtual inventory stones, IMO, its advisable to search for multiple vendors and hope you can find more than one. Choose the one with the best rep, trade-in policies, etc and buy from them. If they don't have the lowest price, use the competing retailers to get a price match or better price for yourself.

I've seen prices vary a few thousand before but these two prices are drastically different. While one retailer may have a stronger relationship with a particular supplier and get better pricing, my first thoughts are one of them has a typographical error.

I haven't searched but what do other 2.5ct K VS1 price for? Assuming mid to upper teens I'd jump on the B2C deal and hope it goes through. Or see if JA would price match. My concern would be during verification, B2C would be tipped to the discrpeancy and the deal would disappear.

Of course this is also an ethical dilemma of sorts as well. If you are blatantly aware it's a typo, do you take the deal or alert them it seems too cheap?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a difference! I haven’t seen that large of a price difference yet.

B2C does have very fair pricing so It doesn’t surprise me that they were less expensive.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i can't see what the JA price was, perhaps the stone was put on hold. b2c jewels has consistently lower markup than other vendors, my impression is they are less established and less full service in some ways, the flip side of that if you know what you want you can potentially save quite a bit.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i can't see what the JA price was, perhaps the stone was put on hold. b2c jewels has consistently lower markup than other vendors, my impression is they are less established and less full service in some ways, the flip side of that if you know what you want you can potentially save quite a bit.

It was 18k!!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave wowowow.... yeah i would jump on that from b2c if i was looking!
@sledge i don't think it's a typo, i've seen them consistently offer leaner pricing. i'm guessing they can do it b/c they don't have nearly as much overhead as JA or others or maybe they buy closer to the source.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In my experience JA are really overpriced. As are BN.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve used B2C for a custom project and also have bought a few things from their sale page, and I have been pleased with everything.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others that I've seen B2C be consistently cheaper, and I think that is because of stronger agreements with suppliers and/or lower overhead and profit margin requirements. FYI, I suspect trade-in policies, return policies, etc. all play into the profit margin level to some degree.

Anyhow, them being lower wasn't the issue.

B2C = $10,241
JA = $18,300 (was showing on my mobile, but now on computer just says Sold)

Depending how you look at the math, that is about 44% lower than the JA price, or 78% higher than the B2C price. Screams typo to me, but maybe I'm wrong. More so, I hope the buyer was able to make JA price match.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's insane, I've never heard of prices being so much higher at JA. I feel like it must be a typo. Edit. Ja prices are often a bit higher, but not by that much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results