shape
carat
color
clarity

Experts in reading ASET images and IDEAL scopes,help to see if the stone has obstruction !

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In diffused lighting view the diamond at 8-10 inches you should be able to catch grey to dark arrows.
Now move the diamond out to 1/2 arm length.
If the arrows blend in to just barely make them out due to differences in shading there are no issues.
If they are dark even at a glace then there are fairly high level of issues.
Move it out to full arm length and the arrows are still very dark then there are very sever issues.
Basically in you last image if it looks like that by eye at full arm lenth then there are issues.
I can say with near certainly that is not the case.

But I can tell you now in my personal opinion it is just fine.
I can not give a professional opinion without viewing the diamond in person.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Karl_K ,
When looking at the certificate and at the girdle pictures OP posted in the other thread (no obvious painting and GIA 3 EX), could it possibly be that the ASET was not photographed correctly?
Thank you for your help!

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
C41B24F5-5A16-47A1-93B7-3E2EEFEA8D69.jpeg
In diffused lighting view the diamond at 8-10 inches you should be able to catch grey to dark arrows.
If the arrows blend in to just barely make them out due to differences in shading there are no issues.
Move it out to full arm length and the arrows are still very dark then there are very sever issues.
Basically in you last image if it looks like that by eye at full arm lenth then there are issues.

Thabk you for your very detailed reply !! With eyes , I don’t see black arrows at arm length! They just sparkle with colors ,it’s only when I bring my phone closer and it all black case phone ! It’s so hard to capture it ! But what is see at arm length is this C41B24F5-5A16-47A1-93B7-3E2EEFEA8D69.jpeg

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
C75C8A83-606A-47C6-894A-0443F72DDD3E.jpeg 22413D53-AEDC-4828-AB82-580595C0394C.jpeg 52335AF7-0407-4BC9-AE1B-D5BC01BBD0AF.jpeg 08CA938B-FB6A-4FA4-9923-D4EF8CAA7A95.jpeg

Also here are the pictures of the girdle to see if not much painting was done C75C8A83-606A-47C6-894A-0443F72DDD3E.jpeg 22413D53-AEDC-4828-AB82-580595C0394C.jpeg 52335AF7-0407-4BC9-AE1B-D5BC01BBD0AF.jpeg 08CA938B-FB6A-4FA4-9923-D4EF8CAA7A95.jpeg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
C41B24F5-5A16-47A1-93B7-3E2EEFEA8D69.jpeg
Thabk you for your very detailed reply !! With eyes , I don’t see black arrows at arm length! They just sparkle with colors ,it’s only when I bring my phone closer and it all black case phone ! It’s so hard to capture it ! But what is see at arm length is this
Awesome job on the pictures!!!!!!
Yea the black case provides much more obstruction than your face and that is expected.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi @Karl_K ,
When looking at the certificate and at the girdle pictures OP posted in the other thread (no obvious painting and GIA 3 EX), could it possibly be that the ASET was not photographed correctly?
Thank you for your help!
The ASET image was taken in a diabox machine that has a particular look to the images it produces and it was not set up particularly well.
Some tilt also.
All of the images from that supplier that were taken what has to be the same machine are showing problems from the machine and not the diamond.
It is like the ring with the scopes on it has been knocked out of alignment. You get the same affect with the hand held scope when the scope is tilted in reference to the camera and diamond.
The IS image is using the wrong settings on the machine.
All that said its good enough for me to interpret and answer the question to my satisfaction that I am providing a reasonably sound opinion.
So yes in a long way around it was not taken correctly.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The ASET image was taken in a diabox machine that has a particular look to the images it produces and it was not set up particularly well.
Some tilt also.
All of the images from that supplier that were taken what has to be the same machine are showing problems from the machine and not the diamond.
It is like the ring with the scopes on it has been knocked out of alignment. You get the same affect with the hand held scope when the scope is tilted in reference to the camera and diamond.
The IS image is using the wrong settings on the machine.
All that said its good enough for me to interpret and answer the question to my satisfaction that I am providing a reasonably sound opinion.
So yes in a long way around it was not taken correctly.
Thabk you Karl a lot ! So it’s a keeper diamond ,right ? Even though the certificate says it has so called “shallow” pav angle , it was cut pretty tight ????I would def love to do a sarin scan on a diamond for my own piece of mind ,but have no idea who can make it ! I live in Houston , and I know that whiteflash/Brian Gavin is here ,but I was chatting with one of the whiteflash representatives ,and she said they don’t do this services even for fee for outside stones .

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Who will set the stone for you? If it's WF or BGD, I don't think they would refuse this small service.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Who will set the stone for you? If it's WF or BGD, I don't think they would refuse this small service.
I still don’t know what I want a setting wise :roll2: but I was thinking to use David Klass for making a custom setting or put it in any cheap setting before I make a final decision. One day I wanna try halo ring , next day I think I need bezel , then I am coming back to my all time favorite 3 stone :razz:. I see on your avatar photo , you have a three stone diamonds set:love:

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
This is an old ring, and the stones were damaged by a jeweler here in Antwerp (he managed to abrade the 3 stones), so I sold the diamonds to a friend telling her what happened but she didn't care.
But yeah, I love 3 stone rings, both the sellers you mentioned sell beautiful Trellis settings...
I really don't like bezel because I think it impacts the beauty of the diamond.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is the thing when it comes to obstruction issues it comes down to what you see, not scans
With your knowledge and skill if it was an issue you would have seen it by now.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is an old ring, and the stones were damaged by a jeweler here in Antwerp (he managed to abrade the 3 stones), so I sold the diamonds to a friend telling her what happened but she didn't care.
But yeah, I love 3 stone rings, both the sellers you mentioned sell beautiful Trellis settings...
I really don't like bezel because I think it impacts the beauty of the diamond.
Oh no ! Did they try to repolish diamonds ? Uh when you buy diamonds ,you believe that they are unbreakble ,but like most of the things in life , something which is looks so strong ,can have also weak spots you even didn’t think about !

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I gave him 3 distinct envelops with each diamond, perhaps did he put them all in one envelop and sit on it, I will never know. :)
From this experience, I've learned it's always a good idea to buy setting and diamond from the same person.
But I'm 200% sure WF or BGD would never hurt any diamond even if they did not sell it. :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh no ! Did they try to repolish diamonds ?
All the time.
Which is why the insurance companies keep the damaged diamonds it replaces.
They are sold as salvage and repolished. Smaller stones by lot, larger ones individually.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here is the thing when it comes to obstruction issues it comes down to what you see, not scans
With your knowledge and skill if it was an issue you would have seen it by now.
Thank you !then seems like we clear that issue 8-) Also what comes to price for the stone ! I have paid 8100$ for it . Is that a fair price ? I didn’t overpay ?:))

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
It sounds good, I really think it is a keeper from your pictures. :clap:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pricing questions i should not answer being in the trade, you can compare prices using the ps search tool above.
To be honest if I could answer, I would just run a PS search and see where it falls anyway so your getting the same answer I would.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I gave him 3 distinct envelops with each diamond, perhaps did he put them all in one envelop and sit on it, I will never know. :)
From this experience, I've learned it's always a good idea to buy setting and diamond from the same person.
But I'm 200% sure WF or BGD would never hurt any diamond even if they did not sell it. :)
Omg ! Now I will have a scare that the stones can be easy damaged cause sometimes I put together my diamond studs,rings all together . But i guess to sctrach them dramatically you have to really rub them ! What did jeweler say?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Omg ! Now I will have a scare that the stones can be easy damaged cause sometimes I put together my diamond studs,rings all together . But i guess to sctrach them dramatically you have to really rub them ! What did jeweler say?
I say keep them separated.
Even if the diamonds are not hitting each other they act like chain saws with settings even with very little movement.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
When re-reading this old thread, I feel so stupid because finally, the ring was not mind clean anymore, I sold with a big loss.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Pricing questions i should not answer being in the trade, you can compare prices using the ps search tool above.
To be honest if I could answer, I would just run a PS search and see where it falls anyway so your getting the same answer I would.[/QUOT ! I will check it out ! And once again , thank you for taking your time and helping me to figure out those images !

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
When re-reading this old thread, I feel so stupid because finally, the ring was not mind clean anymore, I sold with a big loss.
It was a beautiful ring !! sometimes we got caught in a moment, frustration overwhelms us and we do things which we would never did if weren’t in that state of affect . Sometimes I think I don’t wanna have any diamonds bcs they make me sad if you lose it/ sctrach it/ find something you never saw before . But when I put them on , sparkly clean and go to the places with right lighting for them , they turn into little magic:never boring :roll2: and show their personalities in different ways

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BCE79773-6112-4BA1-A971-49AEBA5488A9.png Also here is Gia certificate :)) Thank you !!!

Just looking at the proportions alone, I would not say your pavilion is too shallow. In fact, all your specs fall within the ideal parameters we try to target:
  • 54-57 table (check @ 56)
  • 60-62.4 depth (check @ 61.4)
  • 34-35 crown (check @ 35)
  • 40.6-40.9 pavilion (check @ 40.6)
  • 75-80 LGF (check @ 75, nice fat juicy arrows =)2)
Also, we want all the proportions to be complimentary. Generally speaking, the crown should have an inverse relationship to the pavilion. So if you have a steep crown (35), then you want to pair with a shallow pavilion (40.6). If you happen to get a shallow crown (34) then you want to pair with a steeper pavilion (40.9). Your particular 35/40.6 combo is the ideal model of complimentary.

Smaller tables equals larger upper facets, which mean more fire. Steep crowns throw more fire. A lower 75 LGF results in fat arrows, bigger and bolder flashes and it performs slightly better in darker environments.

Based on the proportions, there is nothing wrong with your diamond. What gave us concern was the images which I think @Karl_K already addressed in posts 3, 8, 9 & 14. Basically we thought it was worse than it really was and the pictures and live experience you've had with the stone tell us it's okay.

IMO, there is no need to worry about your proportions or scans any longer. The stone appears gorgeous and you seem very happy. Finding peace with your decision is critical to enjoying the stone for the long haul.

It appears you got a good price. Without analyzing each of these, I can see that Rare Carat is popping about 14 results for stones I color, VS1 clarity, 1.40-1.49ct, faint/no fluor and ideal parameters mentioned above. Prices range from about $8k to $8.9k.

https://www.rarecarat.com/c/06f36730-e737-4f7f-a5a2-1a2794957403

This tells me you got a super sexy diamond for the low end price of virtual inventory. So yes, it's a good deal that is fair to you.

Using similar search criteria at WF, it appears you'd need to spend about $11k to get a super ideal with similar specs. Personally I think you need the closure, so I'd take your new spiffy diamond to WF (since you are in Houston) and compare it to the two stones they have available for sale. See if your eyes can appreciate the differences and/or how much value you place on the trade-in policy.

Then you will have peace with your answer.

Capture2.PNG

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just looking at the proportions alone, I would not say your pavilion is too shallow. In fact, all your specs fall within the ideal parameters we try to target:
  • 54-57 table (check @ 56)
  • 60-62.4 depth (check @ 61.4)
  • 34-35 crown (check @ 35)
  • 40.6-40.9 pavilion (check @ 40.6)
  • 75-80 LGF (check @ 75, nice fat juicy arrows =)2)
Also, we want all the proportions to be complimentary. Generally speaking, the crown should have an inverse relationship to the pavilion. So if you have a steep crown (35), then you want to pair with a shallow pavilion (40.6). If you happen to get a shallow crown (34) then you want to pair with a steeper pavilion (40.9). Your particular 35/40.6 combo is the ideal model of complimentary.

Smaller tables equals larger upper facets, which mean more fire. Steep crowns throw more fire. A lower 75 LGF results in fat arrows, bigger and bolder flashes and it performs slightly better in darker environments.

Based on the proportions, there is nothing wrong with your diamond. What gave us concern was the images which I think @Karl_K already addressed in posts 3, 8, 9 & 14. Basically we thought it was worse than it really was and the pictures and live experience you've had with the stone tell us it's okay.

IMO, there is no need to worry about your proportions or scans any longer. The stone appears gorgeous and you seem very happy. Finding peace with your decision is critical to enjoying the stone for the long haul.

It appears you got a good price. Without analyzing each of these, I can see that Rare Carat is popping about 14 results for stones I color, VS1 clarity, 1.40-1.49ct, faint/no fluor and ideal parameters mentioned above. Prices range from about $8k to $8.9k.

https://www.rarecarat.com/c/06f36730-e737-4f7f-a5a2-1a2794957403

This tells me you got a super sexy diamond for the low end price of virtual inventory. So yes, it's a good deal that is fair to you.

Using similar search criteria at WF, it appears you'd need to spend about $11k to get a super ideal with similar specs. Personally I think you need the closure, so I'd take your new spiffy diamond to WF (since you are in Houston) and compare it to the two stones they have available for sale. See if your eyes can appreciate the differences and/or how much value you place on the trade-in policy.

Then you will have peace with your answer.

Capture2.PNG
Thank you @sledge ! I have a smaller ACA diamond as a pendant 0.70 , and they behave identical to my eyes at least . I just not used to purchase a stone for a full price :lol-2: all my diamonds I own I got pre-owned for. 50-60% off so I also struggle with accepting full price tag . But I got tired of looking for a stone in second hand market so I just wanna be done with a ring and stop wasting my time on search for days and nights . Also what caught me on this particular stone ,it has report day as when we engaged and the price is exact number of years we have been married :)) 8 years :)) I also love that it’s a clear crystal with no additional clouds /pinpoints ,flourecense so I don’t need to worry about clarity issues .

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @sledge ! I have a smaller ACA diamond as a pendant 0.70 , and they behave identical to my eyes at least . I just not used to purchase a stone for a full price :lol-2: all my diamonds I own I got pre-owned for. 50-60% off so I also struggle with accepting full price tag . But I got tired of looking for a stone in second hand market so I just wanna be done with a ring and stop wasting my time on search for days and nights . Also what caught me on this particular stone ,it has report day as when we engaged and the price is exact number of years we have been married :)) 8 years :)) I also love that it’s a clear crystal with no additional clouds /pinpoints ,flourecense so I don’t need to worry about clarity issues .

You're welcome, glad I could help. :cool2:

And I know what you mean about paying full retail. It kills me too, lol. Literally I've negotiated pricing at Walmart. Not many people know you can do that.

As far as the stone, it seems it has some sentimental value having your engagement date and the number of years. FYI, I had an Asian professor that counted 88+ as an A. Apparently 8's are good luck in their culture. As a joke, I tried to get a perfect 88 in her class but ended up in the 90's instead. Apparently it's harder to throw a grade then you'd think. :lol:

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You're welcome, glad I could help. :cool2:

And I know what you mean about paying full retail. It kills me too, lol. Literally I've negotiated pricing at Walmart. Not many people know you can do that.

As far as the stone, it seems it has some sentimental value having your engagement date and the number of years. FYI, I had an Asian professor that counted 88+ as an A. Apparently 8's are good luck in their culture. As a joke, I tried to get a perfect 88 in her class but ended up in the 90's instead. Apparently it's harder to throw a grade then you'd think. :lol:
:)) I am just trying to be rational and not emotional :roll I tried to search for more stones meanwhile , but blue Nile with same specs without even haveing ideal scopes , all over 10.000 $ mark , same James Allen . I still have some time for a return , but I will sleep on it . Also we r going to Hawaii for our wedding anniversary in the beginning of January and I really tempted to Bring a new sparkle and make great new memories :roll2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results