shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement Ring Help

mpk24

Rough_Rock
I am looking for help in purchasing an engagement ring for my girlfriend. I have a general idea of what she is looking for, but not sure if it is best to go to jeweler or search on my own. My girlfriend has seen several rings that she loves on Ring Concierge. Can anyone lead me in the right direction of how to start the process? I am looking for a decent size diamond (4 carat?), so I am trying to be smart in purchasing it in order to get a good deal.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't heard good things about RC. But we can certainly help you find something amazing if you tell us your budget and color/clarity preferences. You can also go through a vendor to help you search, since sometimes it's hard to find things in big sizes like that (I think Jonathan from August Vintage offers this service).

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a starting point, here's a "super ideal" stone by one of the most trusted vendors in the business. They offer a $1 upgrade policy and have outstanding customer service.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4055562.htm

The 3 vendors I always recommend for people who want to take the guesswork out of buying stones are: whiteflash, high performance diamonds, and brian gavin. The first two have $1 upgrade policies. Brian gavin does not, so that's a little annoying, but they still have great stones.

at whiteflash, their signature cut is "a cut above" often abbreviated ACA. At high performance diamonds, they only offer crafted by infinity (CBI) stones, which are the best of the best. The brian gavin equivalent is their "signature" line, and I think their "black" line as well.

Remember that cut is king, and a big stone won't be very impressive without an excellent cut.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion decent size is 1 carat lol.

What is your budget, and what shape and color do you want?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion decent size is 1 carat lol.

What is your budget, and what shape and color do you want?
Haha me too, but was going off of OP! Hopefully his GF wants such a large stone....not everyone would be comfortable with that size

mpk24

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Sorry for taking so long to respond. My budget is in the $75k-$100k range and I would like 5-6 carats if possible. I am interested in oval. I am hoping to buy a diamond as big as possible without sacrificing quality. I saw some J colors and SI1. Is J ok color for an oval? Or will that look a little yellowish?

Are there any specific characteristics I need to focus on to ensure I am getting a good diamond?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results