shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING! Enchanted Diamonds Scam! Buyers Beware!

Thomas Lau

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have to share a terrifying experience that’s going on. I thought the advice and everything on Enchant Diamonds was legitimate. Turns out, huge scam! As of the last month or so they ran away with mine and a lot of other people’s money. Don’t believe me? Horror stories can be found on google yelp and Instagram- sort by date.

Their chat doesn’t work anymore phones have been down for over a week no replies to emails. I lost years of savings buying a diamond only to have my money stolen and now have to legally fight a battle along with all these people that also got scammed like me.

Please if you got hit by this also, post here. If you didn’t but can help - please any advice is appreciated!

Reactions: theredspinel, strawrose, RSZ and 6 others

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

I have to share a terrifying experience that’s going on. I thought the advice and everything on Enchant Diamonds was legitimate. Turns out, huge scam! As of the last month or so they ran away with mine and a lot of other people’s money. Don’t believe me? Horror stories can be found on google yelp and Instagram- sort by date.

Their chat doesn’t work anymore phones have been down for over a week no replies to emails. I lost years of savings buying a diamond only to have my money stolen and now have to legally fight a battle along with all these people that also got scammed like me.

Please if you got hit by this also, post here. If you didn’t but can help - please any advice is appreciated!
How did you pay?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. I was browsing ED about 6 days ago for .70ct MRB candidates for my 5-stone project, and they had one that piqued my interest, so I reached out on their chat function to see if they had a video (they had a still image, ASET, etc., but no video, which was strange, I thought). The chat window did say they usually respond in a few mins (I forget exactly how many minutes). Nevertheless, no one ever answered me before I went to bed that night ... probably two or so hours later. I did get an email reply to my chat message the next day with a link to a video that did not work, so I replied to the email asking if they could resend me the actual video, and I have yet to hear back. I’m not in any rush, and it’s not like it’s some rare size/shape I’m after, so it just wasn’t worth me chasing them down with another email or to bother calling them.

I’m not ‘confirming’ what the OP stated in this thread, just sharing my own recent ED-interaction experience. I did just go do a quick look at their Google & Yelp reviews, and it seems there are several very recent negative reviews from customers not getting responses, phones being down, no replies to chat messages, diamonds not being received despite payments, etc. Scary to read a few of them were bank wires, which don’t offer the same protection a CC purchase might, so - regardless of whether ED is in hot water somehow or not - this should serve as a reminder to buyers to be very selective with whom you choose to do business with, especially if you are wiring funds to them.

Johnbt

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay, so I looked at recent posts on yelp.

There is a reply - actually a cut and paste insert - to a 6/14/19 complaint.

"Hi. We are going to get back to you asap. We are currently facing some issues with our bank and have paused operations to sort them out." "It's been an internal emergency. Please, please, please bear with us."

That's all I know this morning. :sleep:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve seen very recently that you shouldn’t take to heart everything posted here & elsewhere on the Internet. Within recent weeks, B2C has been the victim of business sabotage via bogus posts and reviews. Here is Brian Pollard’s announcement about that:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nce-ever-with-b2c-jewels.248639/#post-4558176

This kind of campaign can wreak devastation upon a business. But I hope that’s what happening here vs ED purloining actual consumers’ money.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry you are going through this! My recent experience with them was somewhat shady as well. I ordered a diamond from them on May and it took 2.5 weeks to receive, which is not unusual since it was coming in from overseas. I received the diamond on a Wednesday, May 22 and it didn’t work for my project so I emailed them first thing the following morning and got no response (they had been very responsive to my emails prior to my purchase). I wanted to get the diamond returned ASAP since my card was charged when I placed the order rather than when it shipped, so I finally had to call them (no issues with this call) and they sent me a return label and instructions. FedEx confirmed delivery of my return on Friday, May 24 around noon and when I hadn’t heard from them by mid-week the following week, I tried calling and had issues with no one answering. I was finally able to reach someone (sounded like they were on a cell phone, so maybe they have the calls forwarded) and was told the diamond was being inspected by a third party and I would be refunded once that cleared. When my card wasn’t refunded by June 3 I tried calling them again, but again got no answer and my alarm bells started going off. I sent a sternly written email explaining that they are not answering their phones or replying to my emails and if my card wasn’t refunded by the following day I would be contesting the charge. Within 5 minutes I had a return call (which I wasn’t able to answer because I’d stepped away, but they left a message) and a reply to my email saying they initiated the refund on June 1 and asking me to confirm the number I was calling and the times and feigned ignorance about the phone issues. My refund finally cleared on June 4. In the end, I chalked it up to poor customer service, but it sounds as though had I not continually reached out to them and followed up, I may have never seen my refund. My advice is to send them an email referencing your timeline of your order and communications with them (and attempted communications) and advise them that you will be contesting the change with your credit card. You can provide this email to your credit card company when you contest the charge. This is assuming you paid by credit card, which I always do since the protection offered is worth far more than the minimum savings of wire transfer. I hope you get a resolution. GL

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought @Diamond_Hawk's name was Brian Boyne?

Or have him and @John Pollard got something they wish to announce?!

:lol:

I thought/think ‘Boyne’ is Texas Leaguer’s last name (first name is also Brian/Bryan). :confused:

(Didn’t want to tag him since this thread has zilch to do with Leaguer’s company and don’t want it misconstrued in any way).

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought @Diamond_Hawk's name was Brian Boyne?

Or have him and @John Pollard got something they wish to announce?!
:lol:
@the_mother_thing is right: Bryan Boyne is indeed PS Trade member Texas Leaguer, the VP of Whiteflash.
John Pollard, the US Executive for Crafted by Infinity
https://www.pricescope.com/authors/john-pollard
& Brian Pollard (a/k/a Diamond Hawk) are brothers :))
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scenes-from-jck-2014.202525/page-3#post-3686088

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These accusations are serious, so at the very least we need a bit more info.

1st time buyer

Rough_Rock
Let me chime in on my experience. My first post was about being a disgruntled diamond buyer. I wired money to Enchanted Diamonds only to find out the diamond was not available. Common story you hear from online buying.. asked for a refund, they said it would take 5 business day, only it took about 10.

Before I even received the check in the mail I called back and spoke to Joshua. He was sympathetic and heard my concerns. Read all my interaction with Court, their customer service guy. I opted for another stone which was a bit more expensive than the original stone I had paid for, but Joshua said I wouldn’t have to pay more. He cancelled the check even though it was still on it’s way to me. I was fine and happy with this. The stone looked good and I was getting it less than what it was listed for on their site. This was May 7. I didn’t hear or receive anything for 1 week. Contacted them, spoke to Alexa and she said the same old story, it’s on its way to them. Contacted them again a week later spoke with Michael, same story. I hit up Joshua again and said it was in his office and will be sent out tomorrow. I finally received my diamond May 25. Almost 3 weeks later after the order was placed.

After reading their recent yelp reviews as the OP says to do, it looks like this is all recent stuff with their communication down. There is a post from someone who claims to have been an employee at ED. I’m not surprised by people’s complaints and posts on yelp.
I would say I would never buy from them again. It was a bad experience especially for a large purchase. In the end though I am happy with my diamond.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
I hadn’t seen this post until after I just posted my own new thread called Beware Enchanted Diamonds. This is real. I had to file a BBB complaint in mid April to get my refund. I was terrified I wasn’t going to get my refund as I was getting the run around and being lied to every time i called to ask where my refund was. It came shortly after I filed with the bbb. I left a negative yelp review, then I started receiving private messages through yelp from people who can’t get their money back or even a diamond. My understanding is that rarecarat has pulled ED off their recommended vendor list and some of the people being scammed are talking to lawyers and law enforcement. There is a review on yelp from a former employee who says ED lies to customers and he gives a lot of detail as to what goes on there. He also states that ED owes him $5000 back pay. I feel horribly for these people. They need resolution. This is not a fake smear campaign. I have been a frequent poster in the past 2-3 months, getting help from y’all to find a brilliant round. Y’all actually helped me identify a pretty stone back in April. I tried to change my ED order, and upgrade to this particular stone as it was offered on their site (but I found it on a PS diamond search). ED would not price match so I bought it from B2C. Wow!!! What an incredibly different experience I had with B2C. Total professionalism. And so kind. I was sharing with B2C the problems I was having getting my refund from ED (which I needed to proceed with B2C). Looking back and seeing what is happening to others, I feel so fortunate that I was able to get my refund. BTW, I paid via bank wire. If anyone wants to see my BBB complaint, I believe it is open for the public to see. Very scary situation these poor people are in. May they find resolution quickly.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow....that is no bueno. It sounds like their assets were frozen or something. I hope it gets resolved and everyone who is waiting gets refunded quickly. Buying a diamond is already stressful without this kind of drama.

If it's a situation where the company weren't initially at fault (like they got hacked or somehow unfairly targeted) that sucks big time for them too b/c I imagine it'll be hard to recover from.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recommended law enforcement contact:
NY County (Manhattan) District Attorney's Office, Financial Frauds Bureau - (212) 335-8900

ETA: Depending on how matters evolve, the Manhattan DA's Office may end up making a referral to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York (Bronx and Manhattan). But I think the the DA's Office should be your initial go-to. Since prosecution for the crime of "scheme to defraud" or "wire fraud" requires evidence of a pattern of conduct, I'd like to encourage everyone who's had recent difficulties, or is now experiencing difficulties, with ED to contact the DA's Office. There may not actually be criminal conduct afoot here (ED may have gotten in "over their head" or be experiencing a cash flow problem due to unforeseeable circumstances, e.g., employee embezzlement), but there's no reason to not contact the DA's Office.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a disaster! I've heard about people buying stones that end up no longer being available, but know that's a risk of using a drop shipper. I didn't realize that it went even further to not getting refunds, having to file complaints, etc. YUCK!

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@Thomas Lau

RochelleJ wants to communicate with you. She is on yelp. I have her email also but don’t want to post it publicly. Can you reach out to RochelleJ via private message on yelp?

I’m so sorry this is happening to you!!

Girl505

Rough_Rock
I just did some digging around and it seems that they have been active on their Facebook page over the last 15 days. Clearly, they are around. I wonder if upset clients could post to their Facebook page because I haven’t seen a single complaint there.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@the_mother_thing is right: Bryan Boyne is indeed PS Trade member Texas Leaguer, the VP of Whiteflash.
John Pollard, the US Executive for Crafted by Infinity
https://www.pricescope.com/authors/john-pollard
& Brian Pollard (a/k/a Diamond Hawk) are brothers :))
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scenes-from-jck-2014.202525/page-3#post-3686088
I never knew that!!

I have learned something new today, thank you Molly and TMT :)

Let me chime in on my experience. My first post was about being a disgruntled diamond buyer. I wired money to Enchanted Diamonds only to find out the diamond was not available. Common story you hear from online buying.. asked for a refund, they said it would take 5 business day, only it took about 10.

Before I even received the check in the mail I called back and spoke to Joshua. He was sympathetic and heard my concerns. Read all my interaction with Court, their customer service guy. I opted for another stone which was a bit more expensive than the original stone I had paid for, but Joshua said I wouldn’t have to pay more. He cancelled the check even though it was still on it’s way to me. I was fine and happy with this. The stone looked good and I was getting it less than what it was listed for on their site. This was May 7. I didn’t hear or receive anything for 1 week. Contacted them, spoke to Alexa and she said the same old story, it’s on its way to them. Contacted them again a week later spoke with Michael, same story. I hit up Joshua again and said it was in his office and will be sent out tomorrow. I finally received my diamond May 25. Almost 3 weeks later after the order was placed.

After reading their recent yelp reviews as the OP says to do, it looks like this is all recent stuff with their communication down. There is a post from someone who claims to have been an employee at ED. I’m not surprised by people’s complaints and posts on yelp.
I would say I would never buy from them again. It was a bad experience especially for a large purchase. In the end though I am happy with my diamond.
The forum is saying this is your first post?? and you joined in 2008 - either way, that is some serious researching/lurking skills :D lol

CaseyC

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately, I can 100% confirm Thomas' post. After researching diamonds for a few weeks, I found a stone on Enchanted Diamonds that matched what I was looking for and was within my budget. I read countless ED reviews across multiple sites (almost solely positive) and decided to reach out to the company about a purchase. They were super responsive on their web-chat and picked up almost instantly whenever I called in. Last Friday (06/09), I put an order in for my diamond & setting with Alexa and on Monday morning (6/10), wired a significant sum of money to their account to complete the purchase. I received wire receipt confirmation and was told my diamond was indeed available and had been ordered from their vendor.

Tuesday and Wednesday went by (must be normal to not hear from them for a couple of days while they wait to receive the diamond, I assumed). When I decided to call their main 888-816-0610 number to follow up on Thursday morning, I was met with a message: "this number is no longer in service." I started messaging their reps in the chat-- nothing. I called a few other numbers I had for them and eventually received a call back from (I kid you not) a "guilty" employee who said their boss, Joshua Niamehr, texted the entire office to not come into work on Wednesday (06/12) and said they should instead, seek unemployment.

After connecting with a few others in my situation, I contacted the FBI, FTC, and my local law enforcement. It goes without saying, my bank has opened a full investigation. I'm at a bit of a loss however, as to where I go, or what I do from here. Now, not only am I in a peculiar financial bind, I'm trying wrap my head around the situation enough to stumble back into this ring/diamond process from square one (without any idea of what will come from my Enchanted Diamonds fiasco) with a planned proposal exactly 1 month away.

@MollyMalone , RochelleJ , @Thomas Lau , please feel free to contact me.

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy @#$%! That's terrible, I'm so sorry @CaseyC

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just tried their telephone number as well and sure enough, it’s not in service.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@CaseyC
I’m so so sorry!! I’ve asked Rochelle to join us here. I hope she will. Thank you for sharing. I certainly hope each of you will be reimbursed soon and able to move on. I may have been one of the last to receive a refund. Yikes!!

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
@bludiva
And yes. it is sickening that you can indeed still order from ED website. Awful!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hope those of you with money tied up in diamond purchases at ED are able to get your diamonds or money returned to you. This is a scary situation and I can’t imagine being at the mercy of a vendor in the midst of whatever they are dealing with and law enforcement, etc.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, I can 100% confirm Thomas' post. * * *
After connecting with a few others in my situation, I contacted the FBI, FTC, and my local law enforcement. It goes without saying, my bank has opened a full investigation. I'm at a bit of a loss however, as to where I go, or what I do from here. Now, not only am I in a peculiar financial bind, I'm trying wrap my head around the situation enough to stumble back into this ring/diamond process from square one (without any idea of what will come from my Enchanted Diamonds fiasco) with a planned proposal exactly 1 month away.
@MollyMalone , RochelleJ , @Thomas Lau , please feel free to contact me.
I'm so sorry to hear of your plight and others', especially those anticipating a proposal in the very near future. We don't have a private messaging system here on PS, and for our own well-being/peace of mind, PSers aren't supposed to post their email addresses on the boards. The steps you've taken on your own initiative, Casey, are excellent ones!

But I'll still suggest to you and anyone else that's been affected to contact the Financial Frauds Bureau of the Manhattan DA's Office at the number in my post at #15. Although I'm no longer a NYC Ass't DA, I was one for almost 25 years... and unless things have changed very recently, the NYPD, the local FBI office, the DA's Offices, and the US Attorneys have worked well together on such matters (there are, e.g., joint Task Forces for various crimes). And it's best imo if there's one geographical jurisdiction who's "taking the lead;" plus, ED itself is in Manhattan (but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't be prosecuted outside of Manhattan). Although ED is not in the Diamond District proper, what is reportedly happening are the kinds of things that give the entire trade here a black eye :blackeye:

One caution, however, that MK Malone's post reminded me I should advise you of;
@MollyMalone thank you for offering direction to those who need to find a way to get a quick resolution. This is a nightmare for them. I am directing those who have reached out to me on yelp, to come here for guidance.
Even if the situation is as seems likely, a criminal justice investigation of this nature doesn't typically result in a quick resolution. Fingers crossed that your banks can give you nigh immediate relief! Still, I hope that even if your bank is able to soon "make you whole," that you'll still contact the DA's Office. As I indicated in my post #11, it's easier to build a case of, e.g., scheme to defraud with more complainants who've experienced the same/similar patterns of conduct.

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like they may have gone into administration, if so, yes all their bank accounts will be “frozen” and getting a refund very unlikely, especially in the short term. Anyone who had paid via PayPal or Credit Card should immediately start a refund dispute/ chargeback. If anyone is holding a diamond from purchase, hold it, don’t return it. If you do you’re likely to have neither diamond or your money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results