shape
carat
color
clarity

Emerald cut image

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks good IMO. Do you have a link to the stone? Is there any video of it rotating so we can see how the steps are turning on/off?
Yep, ASET is a pass and as long as it flashes on and off when rotated.
What are the numbers from the report to make sure the depth and table size are reasonable?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great, lots of red and should sparkle!!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Let me try to upload the video for you to confirm.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Yep, ASET is a pass and as long as it flashes on and off when rotated.
What are the numbers from the report to make sure the depth and table size are reasonable?[/QUOTE

Table is 65, depth is 67.2.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
C6DC59D5-B9D4-449E-912A-54B2675F26C9.jpeg F273CF27-FA44-4510-978E-18DF457697EF.jpeg Here are two other pictures received from vendor. With these images, do you still think it’s a pass given the “strip” on the red image is white - is that light leakage? I am still trying to upload the video.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
numbers are good

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a very nice EC. Is the color and ratio ok with you? Definitely consider those factors if you have not.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
It's a very nice EC. Is the color and ratio ok with you? Definitely consider those factors if you have not.

Thank you. I have been following your journey so I am learning from you and others. The ratio is 1.33 which is good with me. Color I will have to see, I receive the stone in a few days and I will share with my own pictures.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awaiting video & more photos.
From the limited info, I give it a preliminary thumb’s up! ;)2

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Awaiting video & more photos.
From the limited info, I give it a preliminary thumb’s up! ;)2

I just posted a video, really appreciate your opinion of the performance. Thanks for your help. I am excited for this journey but remain cautious in case this turns out not to be a good one.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After fuzzing around, here is the link to the video. The stone is of a lower color but I am interested in your thought of the performance of the stone. Is this still a good one?
https://v360.in/viewer4.0/vision360.html?d=350306b&surl=https://s4.v360.in/images/company/81/
What are all the stats... color, clarity, weight, etc.? I think it looks nice. Some tilt angles have some leakage. Would that bother me, no. I’m not super duper picky! Just have to see it in person! It’s clearly not a dead stone

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! I see some windowing in the video right where the ASET shows it, but it seems the stone is leaning on it's side. Depending on the size of your stone, it may be that it's been tilted to one side during the ASET, as well, which could account for why you see the windowing on one side but not the other. It looks as if the stone has a lot of life. It's really important to see it and judge it's performance in person, so I'm very interested to find out what you think of it once you have it in your possession!
As everyone else has said, I'd love to hear the specs on the stone, what you're looking to do with it and find out what you're searching for!
:)

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
So I received the stone today, and here is a picture. Although it’s an L color, the stone does not show warmth as much as I thought. Here is a bad picture I just took in the evening. I received the stone today and I noticed that the package only includes a copy of the certificate and not an original certificate. This is from Whiteflash and I am curious for the ones that have bought from Whiteflash, is this the practice for customer to only receive a copy of GIA and not the original blue certificate? Thanks in advance for your feedback. I love the stone so far but need to see it in the sun light and other lighting.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
By the one, I am so encouraged by seeing Blingalingaling’s L that I took a chance to buy this, I forgot to mention this is over 4 carat so i do expect it to have some warmth for the size but so far, it does not bother me a bit. What bothers me is actually the photocopy of the certificate received but I’ll wait for your response whether this is normal practice. I have paid this in full.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like it, I think it has beautiful step patterns and the warmth doesn’t bother me a bit. I’ve studied so many videos, and from that original you posted, I was going to guess it was a J so this looks great for an L. Whiteflash is a very reputable company, I would not be worried about them Not sending the original certificate, but I would certainly ask. I would also go to GIA and look up the certificate number and just make sure that all the specs match up to your stone. Please let us know what you decide, I think it’s gorgeous!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
I really like it, I think it has beautiful step patterns and the warmth doesn’t bother me a bit. I’ve studied so many videos, and from that original you posted, I was going to guess it was a J so this looks great for an L. Whiteflash is a very reputable company, I would not be worried about them Not sending the original certificate, but I would certainly ask. I would also go to GIA and look up the certificate number and just make sure that all the specs match up to your stone. Please let us know what you decide, I think it’s gorgeous!

Thank you, I think it looks super nice too, just need to take it under the sunlight. Brittany has been very nice and I did look up the GIA website to make sure the photocopy report matches the and the “fingerprint” on the diamond reflect those on the cert. I am so happy to receive your “ok” on this. :)

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it will look even better in sunlight! Your biggest test will be in indirect lighting, indoors, with beige walls;)2 I would love to see the CERT but I would not worry, I think it will I’ll check out:) Congratulations!
And I’m going to guess..: 1:38 ratio??

Last edited:

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
I think it will look even better in sunlight! Your biggest test will be in indirect lighting, indoors, with beige walls;)2 I would love to see the CERT but I would not worry, I think it will I’ll check out:) Congratulations!
And I’m going to guess..: 1:38 ratio??

You’re good! It’s 1.33 ratio so you’re close. I have sent Whiteflash an email so just waiting to hear from them. Tomorrow is raining here so I hope it’s sunny on Friday to see the stone under sunlight.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Assuming that I like the stone in most lighting conditions, I am planning to have Whiteflash set it for me in a solitaire plain setting. They quoted me 700 for a 14k gold plain solitaire setting, does this sound reasonable to you? I would have thought it to be 500 or less for this plain setting but they said because of the size of stone, this is considered “semi custom”. Do you recommend this route to have them set or go with another vendor? I just want to have a plain setting for now until I know what kind of “forever home” this needs to be in but I just thought 700 was actually a bit higher for something I would only use briefly.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wish I could help you out with the cost of a solitaire setting but I’m really not sure. Hopefully someone else will chime in. All I can say is you are very smart for waiting on a setting, learn from me! Live with your stone and see what you think YOUR individual diamond looks best in. Ratios matter so much with ECs and what setting they look best in:)

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could help you out with the cost of a solitaire setting but I’m really not sure. Hopefully someone else will chime in. All I can say is you are very smart for waiting on a setting, learn from me! Live with your stone and see what you think YOUR individual diamond looks best in. Ratios matter so much with ECs and what setting they look best in:)
I have followed your journey and sorry that you are not enjoying your setting process. I had a similar experience with my cushion stone previously...but I know that Mark is resetting the ring for you so it will be perfect this time. I can’t wait to see yours once it’s done. I had an emerald in a halo before and actually liked it, I am just afraid it will look too big (too showy) for every day so this one will be in a solitaire if I end up keeping the stone.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
FYI - I think some vendors do not send original GIA document until sale is finalized because GIA will not reissue if it lost.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Hi, thanks for your input. What do you mean until sale is finalized? I have paid it in full but have about 10 days within return period. Do you mean that if I keep it and return period is passed, the vendor will then send me the original GIA certificate? I have bought online before and this never happened so I am just curious. I heard Whiteflash is reputable so I went with them and just curious if this is their normal practice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results