shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring jackets that dangle?? Show me yours! Please & Thanks

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! I have a pair of reset diamond studs coming to me from CvB. I want to add some neat dangle jackets. But I'm having a hard time finding them!

I'm thinking: white gold or platinum, Pearls or diamonds or gemstones. I just keep finding ones that are around the $100 mark. Am wanting something a bit more.

If you have some, please post pictures! I am so excited and want to dress up my beauties!

Thank you in advance for your help!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! And very similar to a project I'm working on. Do you mind me asking what the tcw is? :mrgreen2:

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Those are gorgeous! And very similar to a project I'm working on. Do you mind me asking what the tcw is? :mrgreen2:
I think they are almost 2.5ct. I don't have the paperwork in front of me right now but I believe one is 1.24 and the other 1.22. Or something like that lol! She posted them on instagram so you can see other views! I will post pictures this week. Can't wait to see yours too!!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
So I guess that earring dangle jackets are somewhat hard to find since I haven't had much response. :shifty: But for those who are looking like me, I have kept on trying to find some and have come up with a few ways to search.

I haven't really found anything that fits my wants but if you are looking for some, try the following searches:

Day to night earrings
Conversion earrings
Earring dangle attachments
Dangle attachment earrings

Most of these may require a quick trip to the jewlers to retro fit the settings to fit studs. I think that's what I'm going to end up doing since it seems fairly difficult to find what I'm looking for.

As always I love Pricescope and am so thankful for the information its members provide!

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think they are almost 2.5ct. I don't have the paperwork in front of me right now but I believe one is 1.24 and the other 1.22. Or something like that lol! She posted them on instagram so you can see other views! I will post pictures this week. Can't wait to see yours too!!
Oh. My. WORD. :eek2: Just utterly gorgeous! Love the gallery.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I have two pairs of pearls that dangle off a pair of studs and jackets. They were both a lot more expensive than your price range but I'm pretty sure you could get the look cheaper.

Heavenly Necklaces used to make a few options. I have bought some amethyst drops to wear of my huggies from there and they were fine.

http://www.heavenlynecklaces.com/p/...stone-rubover-studs-and-detachable-ovals.html

http://www.heavenlynecklaces.com/p/7437783/the-detachable-pearls-with-diamond-studs.html

http://www.heavenlynecklaces.com/p/8600611/amethyst-emerald-cut-earrings.html These findings are quite similar to the ones I have.

Alternatively I know people like Pearl Paradise and Pearls of Joy have made them for people before.

_13374.jpg

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Oh thank you misskittycat! I just love love love your earrings too! So beautiful.

Everything I have found so far has been super cheap (with low grade diamonds) or super expensive (like the $25k conversion earrings I found online and loved :love:). So something in the 1-2k price range is what I'm looking for.

Thanks so much for the links! You rock!

Q

Queenie60

You should reach out to Yekutiel at IDJ - seems I read a thread a while back where he made a pair of dangle jackets for someone? Doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck and let me know what you find out.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_0818.JPG

Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were looking for ones around the $100 mark!!

I have two pairs of south Sea pearls - the white ones above and another pair of gold SSPs. The white SSPs I bought from Pearl Society on eBay about 4 years ago and my Jeweller made the findings. They are about $400 and the Jeweller charged me about $150 to make the posts. The gold ones are from another pearl dealer. The colour is well matched but they are slightly different shapes (you can't notice when they are either side of your head.

I would go custom on this project. It will ensure a good fit. Pearl Paradise will be able to help you or Aloha Pearls in Hawaii. Then find a Jeweller who can make the pins for you.

BoubaFris

Shiny_Rock
+1 to contact IDJ. I am in the midst of doing a similar project with them - instead of jacket drops, I would have a drop with two "holes" (where the earrings "stick" goes into) that could be used with studs only or with jacket and studs, Inspiration picture is from PSer "Hay Joe". But mine will be shorter drops of 4 graduating stones.

image.png

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sjroberts, I love the idea of this thread. Hoping more posters will see it and think: Oh! I have something to share!

Way back in ....1988... when I first received my studs, my aunt gave me a pair of jackets to wear with them. I loved the idea, but not the execution of the jackets, as they made the studs stand too far away from the ear. Ever since then, (yes really, nearly 30 years!) I've been trying to find something. I've come close, mostly in costume jewelry, but not yet the perfect thing.

Fortunately, I eventually changed the setting of those beloved studs (originally in a screw back and basket setting, now regular post and beveled) and can wear them in my second holes and then have a dangly earring in the first. But, oh, would I love a great, "good' earring jacket that dangles, too.

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
IMG_0818.JPG

Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were looking for ones around the $100 mark!!

I have two pairs of south Sea pearls - the white ones above and another pair of gold SSPs. The white SSPs I bought from Pearl Society on eBay about 4 years ago and my Jeweller made the findings. They are about $400 and the Jeweller charged me about $150 to make the posts. The gold ones are from another pearl dealer. The colour is well matched but they are slightly different shapes (you can't notice when they are either side of your head.

I would go custom on this project. It will ensure a good fit. Pearl Paradise will be able to help you or Aloha Pearls in Hawaii. Then find a Jeweller who can make the pins for you.

Oh misskittycat, holy moly those are gorgeous! I am really loving the diamonds too! I love how you matched the center diamonds with the golden pearls. Just lovely.

We are going to Hawaii this January, maybe a great time to check out the aloha pearls. Thank you so much for all of your help! I really do appreciate the time you took to post!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
+1 to contact IDJ. I am in the midst of doing a similar project with them - instead of jacket drops, I would have a drop with two "holes" (where the earrings "stick" goes into) that could be used with studs only or with jacket and studs, Inspiration picture is from PSer "Hay Joe". But mine will be shorter drops of 4 graduating stones.

image.png
Thank you so much! I love this idea! Putting the two holes so you can use studs or studs and jackets is genius !!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
sjroberts, I love the idea of this thread. Hoping more posters will see it and think: Oh! I have something to share!

Way back in ....1988... when I first received my studs, my aunt gave me a pair of jackets to wear with them. I loved the idea, but not the execution of the jackets, as they made the studs stand too far away from the ear. Ever since then, (yes really, nearly 30 years!) I've been trying to find something. I've come close, mostly in costume jewelry, but not yet the perfect thing.

Fortunately, I eventually changed the setting of those beloved studs (originally in a screw back and basket setting, now regular post and beveled) and can wear them in my second holes and then have a dangly earring in the first. But, oh, would I love a great, "good' earring jacket that dangles, too.
KaeKae you are exactly on the mark. I have seen some really adorable costume jewelry options, but I am wanting something real! The dangles I have found are just not my style. Almost 80s like. Not there's anything wrong with that style, just looking for something a little more elegant LOL! I hope this post draws more people to post their dangles. I just want to have some options and have the most bangs for my buck! Good luck with your search too!!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
You should reach out to Yekutiel at IDJ - seems I read a thread a while back where he made a pair of dangle jackets for someone? Doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck and let me know what you find out.
Thanks Queenie60, I'm going to check him out!!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm also hoping to see some diamond drop jackets as I've been thinking about them but haven't really seen anything in my style.

I have couple pearl drops that I occasionally wear with my studs. White freshwater and golden south sea pearls. Here's a pic of white ones. South sea ones have one ring short drop.
pearl drop.jpg

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
I'm also hoping to see some diamond drop jackets as I've been thinking about them but haven't really seen anything in my style.

I have couple pearl drops that I occasionally wear with my studs. White freshwater and golden south sea pearls. Here's a pic of white ones. South sea ones have one ring short drop.
pearl drop.jpg

I really love your pearl dangles! I love the idea too of having a long set and a sort set. I'm getting all sorts of ideas! Thanks for posting!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
babymonster, I like your pearl drops, too!
Did you find them read made or have them made for you?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't really have any to show, but you may want to contact Yvonne Raley on Etsy to see if she can custom make something for you, especially if you're thinking gemstones. She made these recently for someone: https://www.etsy.com/listing/545012827/custom-order-for-yen?ref=shop_home_active_2:
il_570xN.1297176335_m0t1.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
babymonster, I like your pearl drops, too!
Did you find them read made or have them made for you?
I had them custom made by one of vendors who posts on the pearl forum. FW pearls are not expensive so the white pair was very affordable.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had them custom made by one of vendors who posts on the pearl forum. FW pearls are not expensive so the white pair was very affordable.

You know, as much as I like my own pearl pieces, I've never spent any time on that forum, I'm going to have to take a look! Thanks

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two pairs of pearls that dangle off a pair of studs and jackets. They were both a lot more expensive than your price range but I'm pretty sure you could get the look cheaper.

Heavenly Necklaces used to make a few options. I have bought some amethyst drops to wear of my huggies from there and they were fine.

_13374.jpg

Holy WOW!!!

SmittenKitten

Rough_Rock
Thank you for this post! I've recently upgraded my diamond studs and find that I never want to take them off, but still want some dangle for special occasions. Have you found any jackets that meet your needs? Did you end up going for something custom?

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@agingsparkle Do you mind sharing pics is your Gottlieb convertible earrings? they look like a real versatile option to have

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@sjroberts, congrats on your purchase! I'm a big fan of earring jackets and dangles, so here's sharing some of mine. Sorry for the poor quality photos though.

Little diamond melee dangles:
20180207_130241.jpg

20180208_155422_resized.jpg

Something a little more substantial:
20180207_133442_resized.jpg

The usual pearl drops:
20180208_153316_resized.jpg

20180208_153946_resized.jpg

I also pair everything with halo jackets:
20170913_130334(2).jpg

20170913_174009_resized.jpg

20170913_155728(2).jpg

20180520_143635.jpg

I was also drooling over Jude Frances' earring charms. You might enjoy them! https://www.judefrances.com/category/charms/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results