shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think the US will go to war with Iran???

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curious to know everyone’s thoughts on this.

Bolton and a Pompeo scare the hell out of me.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
8E45AC54-766E-4BDD-8C28-2DB0B2CD13AB.jpeg
Yea of little faith Callie! Our fearless leader has a feeling this was all a mistake and it will obviously work out.

:rolleyes:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Iran says its going to the UN and will prove that the US is lying about shooting down the drone. The Taliban has claimed they shot at the tankers.

Do we believe Pompeo, Bolton and Trump. They have their own private Intel Services, no doubt.
I'm inclined to believe Iran.

If a war begins, please have your sons and anyone who is of the age to go to war, refuse to participate in such a calamity.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Iran are dammed scary
i will support what America does

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump doesn't want a war with Iran but Bolton has been itching for one for years. He is a war monger. Terrible choice for the position.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Iran says its going to the UN and will prove that the US is lying about shooting down the drone. The Taliban has claimed they shot at the tankers.

Do we believe Pompeo, Bolton and Trump. They have their own private Intel Services, no doubt.
I'm inclined to believe Iran.

If a war begins, please have your sons and anyone who is of the age to go to war, refuse to participate in such a calamity.

Annette
My son just got an offer of deployment to Djibouti. He will probably go.

I have a hard time believing anything from Iran. But incorrect intelligence has gotten us into trouble before.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with redwood that Trump does not actually want a war with Iran. He does, however, want to look strong; that is why he tore up the Iran nuclear agreement. (It is more accurate to say that he removed the United States from it.) I do fear that in his desire to look strong we could end up in a war, however, especially since John Bolton is an integral part of Trump's inner circle. John Bolton has been salivating at the chance to go to war with Iran since Trump first considered adding him to his team.

Trump does not like being at war and also, Iran is an ally of Russia whom Trump hates to offend. He has to find a way to look strong, yet not have an all out war. Things may get away from him, however. His ego could get in the way. He absolutely cannot endure being made to look weak.

Deb/AGBF

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
not likely but a few bombs and or missiles are going to fly.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not likely but a few bombs and or missiles are going to fly.

This has the potential to go terribly wrong very quickly.

It will also be interesting to see how our allies react. Who would trust Trump at this point? The American people don’t even believe what he says.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently Donald Trump doesn't know if he wants a war with Iran, either. Look at this bizarre headline! It is from tonight's on-line edition of "The New York Times".

"Trump Approves Strikes on Iran, but Then Abruptly Pulls Back"

"WASHINGTON — President Trump approved military strikes against Iran in retaliation for downing an American surveillance drone, but pulled back from launching them on Thursday night after a day of escalating tensions.

As late as 7 p.m. Thursday, military and diplomatic officials were expecting a strike, after intense discussions and debate at the White House among the president’s top national security officials and congressional leaders, according to multiple senior administration officials involved in or briefed on the deliberations.

Officials said the president had initially approved attacks on a handful of Iranian targets, like radar and missile batteries.

The operation was underway in its early stages when it was called off, a senior administration official said. Planes were in the air and ships were in position, but no missiles had been fired when word came to stand down, the official said."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/world/middleeast/iran-us-drone.html

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know (and really hope not) but if we do I don't think the rest of the world will put up with it like they did with Iraq

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The optimist in me says no, the skeptic says maybe, because lets face it, going to war is often a great way to create employment, boost your economy, make him look stronger and win votes at the next election.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The optimist in me says no, the skeptic says maybe, because lets face it, going to war is often a great way to create employment, boost your economy, make him look stronger and win votes at the next election.

Yeah that's a real fear for me, that the administration would be stupid and reckless enough to take the posturing too far and engage in a needless conflict to boost reelection chances.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results