shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own an air fryer? if yes, what brand and model? do you like it?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw this one at Costco for $150. model TOA 60. What do you think?

cuisinart-air-fryer-convection-oven-with-cookbook-oven-mitt-and-flipper-tongs-atoa60k1-aea.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that the Cuisinart air fryer/toaster/convection oven etc.? I got that for my father’s house, to replace an older toaster oven. I like it a lot, but for two things:

Most recipe books are designed for stand-alone air fryers. We’ve had to adapt recipes, including cooking times (this seems to cook faster).

There are modes in which you have to hit a secon “on” switch. I’ve overlooked that once or twice, which of course slowed down my meal. It’s a getting used to thing.

Love the convection oven! Ten minutes for terrific re-heated pizza - practically better than fresh-made!

ETA - hmmm... I don’t think we got a cookbook. ☹️

Last edited:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the smaller air fryer at Costco as a Xmas gift. It was around 60 bucks. The recipient really likes it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what model we have- it is larger and digital and we love it. It has a basket (like the one redwood66 posted) that is removed for easy cleanup. I think the model you are considering might be a bit harder to clean. Most people I know love their air fryers.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple keto bloggers I follow use that Cuisinart one. I have one I bought from QVC before the whole craze got really big. Mostly my sons use it to heat stuff up, but they actually use it quite a bit. Maria Emmerich is coming out with a new keto cookbook for air fryers in early summer, I think.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
farberware.JPG
I have the 3.2L analog Farberware that Walmart sells. I paid only $30 for it and it appears to be never used before I got it, in spite of being a store return. We have liquidators here who get mixed and manifest(ed) pallets of returns from Walmart, Sam's Club, Kohl's, Amazon, etc. That's how I buy my small appliances nowadays. This is the first air fryer I have owned. Size is adequate for 2 people, maybe 3, if you are making some side dish in it. I have no complaints with how it cooks. I don't preheat it, I just shove the food in there and cook it until it's done. I found I usually had to turn down the heat a bit on the Farberware, anyhow. All things considered, I decided to treat air fryer recipes and cook times as suggestions instead of absolutes. Air frying needs to have air flow on all sides of the food, so you have to agitate or toss the pieces at least once during cooking. I am mainly making french fries, onion rings, and other substitutes for the fried fast food. I'm not interested in trying to make everything in the world in an air fryer. I use it for crispy things only. I plan to try egg rolls this week.

eta: This Farberware doesn't get hot on the exterior, and doesn't seem to throw a lot of heat out of the vents on back. Has never smelled like hot plastic. Seems efficient and it gets the job done.

I found the liquidators via Facebook Marketplace, for the most part. Some sell entire pallets and some break up pallets and sell individual items. I bought Instant Pots, Power Quick Pot 8qt, a sous vide immersion circulator, an expresso maker, kitchen scales, fans, Copper Chef cookware set, a transfer pump, and I forget what else, all dirt cheap from my liquidator friends. ymmv :lol: I realize there are people on here who would cringe at anything but the best of the best from the most exclusive retailers. I'm a technologist. I enjoy a challenge.

Last edited:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cuisinart air fryer ovens, GoWise air fryer, Gourmia air fryer: All of those have been praised in air fryer groups I participate in, and in discussions on other boards. eta: Phillips, too.

There are a lot of Power air fryer ovens and other of the Power / Tristar appliances "as seen on TV" constantly being offered. Just be aware that the factory warranty on anything in that product line is only 6 months, so you might want to either buy an extended warranty. Most brands have 1 year, and Farberware has a 2 year warranty.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a frymaster and LOVE it. We use it several times a week.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a smaller faberware like the one above..I love it and use it frequently matter of fact we used it tonight...

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump ... hubs & I are talking about getting an air fryer. Any updates, recommendations or follow-up feedback/warnings on models those who posted above may share?

In looking through various models, I like the idea of one that has a couple trays/racks to cook multiple things at same time if possible. @Dancing Fire did you end up getting one? If so, which model, and how do you like it?

Thanks! :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We bought this one from Costco! We like it because it replaced several appliances. We've had it a few months and are happy with it.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We bought this one from Costco! We like it because it replaced several appliances. We've had it a few months and are happy with it.

By ‘this one’ do you mean the same one DF posted above?

voce

Ideal_Rock
I have this one from Costco. It is big enough for 2 people and also can fit in my cabinet so I don't have to have it on the counter. I like it just fine. Once you get the hang of it a cookbook is not really necessary plus there are plenty of recipes on the internet.

https://www.costco.com/Gourmia-5-Qt-Digital-Air-Fryer.product.100404905.html

This is the same one we have. We got it over a year ago, and it has a permanent spot on our kitchen counter. Foods "fried" this way will be dry and crisp instead of greasy and crisp. Great for making the kind of fries that are precut and come in the freezer. We've also used it for making rotisserie chicken with it, using smaller chickens that fit inside.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In looking through various models, I like the idea of one that has a couple trays/racks to cook multiple things at same time if possible. @Dancing Fire did you end up getting one? If so, which model, and how do you like it?

Thanks! :wavey:
Yes, we ended up buying the one from Costco when it was on sale for $130. I love it!. We don't need large fryer since we only cook for two.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Airfryers!!!! I own two! A super cheapie one ($70) and the basic Phillips Model ($200 back in the day I think).

Love them. Use them EVERY SINGLE DAY!

So handy to grill sausages and drumsticks for the boys.

Also reheats meat pies, spring rolls, baked goods, just about anything perfectly.

Great for baking single serve cobblers at night when Hubs and I want dessert.

I also use it to dehydrate fruit for the kid.

I like the very simple dials on mine. They have served me well for years.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! Is there a consensus one way or another that the ‘oven’ style is better/same/not as good as the ‘basket‘ style? Does one seem to cook more evenly/effectively, etc?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea what the oven style is like but I've never used the mesh basket bit except for like 3 times. It's supposed to drain but I find it a pesk to clean so I chuck the mesh basket and just use the solid basket at the bottom.

I imagine the oven style would be harder to clean? I'm always baking chicken drumsticks and pork rinds so fat spits everywhere. It's really easy to just put the entire airfryer basket into the dishwasher.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Any updates for this thread? Anyone buy one recently? I am in the market (don't need a big one) and hope to get one on Black Friday's sales.

cheers--Sharon

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought a Cosori airfryer a few months ago. Absolutely love it and wish we had purchased one sooner. Not only do we make fries, veggies, pizzas, chicken, etc, but we also use it to reheat food too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this one from Kohls for $55 + $15 Kohls cash. I'm not sure how I got it so cheap. Its a 7 quart because I have a family of 4. Mind you it is really
big and I'm going to have to clear some space for it in my pantry and move it in and out as needed. I havent picked it up yet (ordered it on-line) but
I did see it in person.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
We have the Ninja foodie and LOVE it! Only downside is the amount of counter space it takes up.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have the Ninja foodie and LOVE it! Only downside is the amount of counter space it takes up.

I'm seriously considering a Ninja. I'll put it in a cupboard.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saw this one at Costco for $150. model TOA 60. What do you think?

cuisinart-air-fryer-convection-oven-with-cookbook-oven-mitt-and-flipper-tongs-atoa60k1-aea.jpg

Looks a better size than the Darth Vader type ones
I just don't see the point in something not big enough to make a decent enough amount of chips (fries) for a family

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
I bought the air fryer lid for the instant pot a few weeks ago, and I don’t love it. It’s too small (fits 3 chicken thighs), and things taste better out of the oven. It’s just a small convection oven, really, so if you’re looking for something to cook quickly, it’s ok.

I feel like I am the only person in the world who thinks this though! Lol!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We bought one a few months ago. A Phillips HD9241 I think -- although remembering the exact number sequence will be beyond me. I took pictures while I was shopping and its the one with the silver handle in the photo below. It was a great idea -- excellent way to get young children to eat stuff they normally wouldnt go anywhere near. I was originally worried it was too big, and tried to downsize the model as much as possible (space is at a premium here.) But if I went back and did it again Id get the even larger gold model.

20200808_190253.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Power Air Fryer that works very well. I got to thinking that an air fryer is just basically a small convection oven. With that in mind I started to use the convection setting on my oven and receive the same results as the air fryer. For example, to cook air fried, breaded chicken (boneless, skinless, thighs) I pat with bread crumbs and spray with olive oil cooking spray. With the air fryer I cook at 385 degrees eight minutes then turn the chicken for another 8 minutes. With the convection oven, I do the same preparation, set the convection oven at 500 degrees and cook the same amount of time. Both ways turn out crispy chicken but the oven allows me to cook a larger amount.

Reactions: caf
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results