shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have unexciting jewellery that you wear very often?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was watching Marie Kondo with Pink Bandit and we were having a giggle at the whole "Does this spark joy" tagline.

This morning I went and reached for a pair of practical earrings that I seem to be wearing very often lately because they go with almost everything, have a little dangle and are so easy to wear and were cheap so I'm not fussed if anything happens to them.

Which leads me to the question of do fellow PS Colour Stoners have a piece that you wear often even though it may not necessarily thrill you like one of your breathtaking pieces.

I'm inclined to think "practical" is right up there with "sparks joy" when it comes to jewellery. At least for me it does!

These are the earrings in question

20181222_153557.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of simple silver and gold fill wire hoops i wear most days because they go with everything. I like them fine but they don't spark joy. They're in my ears though so I don't really notice. :lol:

I do have some pairs of CS earrings I love more but save them for dressing up b/c i worry about losing them... my everyday ones have to be practical and inexpensive for my own peace of mind. :)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I do! I have a kind of unique double sided band. I can rotate between the pink tourmaline side or the deep purple/blue tanzanite side. Not exciting, but goes with everything!
20190217_203641.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a Tiffany twist as the only ring on my right hand and it’s so boring and simple and I love her.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have three piercings in each ear, which are adorned with a sapphire stud in the middle and a tiny diamond stud at the end. They’re nothing to write home about but they go with the larger OEC studs in front.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pair of wee diamond hoop earrings, nothing special, but because I have so many darn pairs of earrings I’ll just always throw on them on.
If I’m going out I’ll be planning the “set” to wear but otherwise it’s just those diamond earrings.
And an acquaintance of mine (soccer mum) commented saying “you have such lovely watches, rings and bracelets, are you not an earring girl ?”
Apparently the last 12 games of soccer I’d worn all sorts of other watches, RHR, necklaces but same earrings every time, the diamond hoops!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
My infinity diamond band, that I bought off of loupetroop, is the most worn piece of jewelry. It’s not amazing or special. I just like wearing it.

passions4purples

Rough_Rock
My gemstone bead necklaces get a lot of wear, especially the onyx, lapis and amethyst since 99% of the time I'm wearing something that works with those colors.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm inclined to think "practical" is right up there with "sparks joy" when it comes to jewellery. At least for me it does!
I definitely enjoy practical pieces. If a piece serves a purpose and I reach for it to use at least once a week, that alone “sparks joy” in me. I was feeling very overwhelmed by all of the “stuff” in my life and bought Marie Kondo’s book a little over a year ago. I really enjoy her easy to follow simple approach.
Your earrings are very cute!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like your go-to earrings, mellowyellowgirl! I have plain platinum and rose gold bands that I stack with my other rings all the time. Not flashy, but nice for creating a desired look.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I wear a couple of cheapo silver & CZ pieces that aren’t anything special, but they do the job: A pair of studs to go in my third ear hole, (other two usually have nice dangles) and a full eternity to take the band damage away from my ering. Both are so poorly made so I’m surprised they last as long as they do, but once the stones start to come out they get replaced by the same thing again. Very boring! ;))

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear a pair of bone imitation geometric earrings that were 76euro in place Vendôme. Thé priciest plastic ive ever bought but I love them and have worn them maybe 500 times in the 6years that I've had them. I also wear the heck out of my small Peretti bezel diamond studs, they rarely come off (I have two piercings per ear).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a Tiffany twist as the only ring on my right hand and it’s so boring and simple and I love her.
Neil, what is it about that ring! Mine is one of my all-time favorite pieces.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly no. Everything I wear I love. If I stop loving it or it isn't exciting for me to wear anymore I put it away until I feel differently about it.

I love simple jewelry generally ( I know Bubbalah is not simple but I said generally haha) and for me that is exciting so I am sure most people would not find much of my bling exciting at all but it makes my heart go pitter patter.

And when it stops (if it stops as it has for my Rolex and Cartier watches) I stop wearing it.

I love the "Spark joy" tagline and follow it as much as I can. @mellowyellowgirl I love your earrings. So pretty.:love:

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
I have a very simple 9kt gold locket which I wear almost every day. It's the only thing I have of my paternal grandmother, so I wear it a lot. It's not exciting to anyone else, but it definitely "sparks joy" in me for different reasons. I also have a range of silver dangly earrings, which are a bit silly, llamas and frogs and turtles and dinosaurs, which I love because they spark joy in my daughter! I mostly wear studs at the moment though because the baby is in a grabby phase :roll2:.

20190218_142829.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Such things feel so personal it ain't funny ...

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Yes. I have a pair of .60 or so modern round diamond studs that I wear for weeks at a time. But I don't particularly like them. But they are comfortable and easy.

I have another pair of modern rounds that are in a bezel, .91 that I never wear because I do not really like them. One scores a .9 and the other 1.3 on the HCA, so I'm not sure why I dislike them.

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
I wear my 8mm white pearl studs just about everyday. I am a analyst for the government-I wear the black suit (or something similar), hair pulled back into a bun, black "nerd" glasses and my pearl studs pretty much everyday. Yep, I'm a walking analyst stereotype. o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results