shape
carat
color
clarity

Do most women think they look younger than their age?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think you look younger than your age?...:whistle:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was mistaken for a high-schooler this past weekend :eek2:

I think I look, if not my age, at least only a few years younger, but apparently others think I look A LOT younger. I think it might be just because I'm fairly petite and have decent skin? Not sure why. I can certainly see the tiny wrinkles slowly creeping onto my face!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I look OK for my age, most people think I look younger than I am, but I don’t kid myself I look young!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Not anymore. A few white hairs did the trick - no one takes me for a kid anymore.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most people think I look too youthful to have had my grown children. I have long hair and am slim. Some even call me my daughter’s sister to her chagrin and my pleasure. Though they could just have been being nice. :lol-2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have white hair since my teens and was mistaken as an adult during my childhood, so there you go. However, since coming to the US, I've been mistaken as younger. Maybe people in Asia are better at guessing the true age?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I did until the other day when I was talking to a man at work and he mentioned he was 57 and I jokingly said - “Yeah, me too! “.
He replied- “ No way! You don’t look older than 50! ”.

Umm, I’m 46. :cry2:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I look about 10 years younger than my age (mid 30's vs mid 40's). Most people are shocked to hear I have teens who are driving and about to head off to college.

I was actually sad when I didn't get carded for buying wine at a grocery store the other day because I was behind a few youngsters buying a ton of beer, vodka and mixers (clearly for a college party of some sort). They all got carded, and I was ready to whip out my driver's license, but the cashier glanced up and didn't even ask me :cry2:. My husband comforted me by saying I still look young, but with my wedding set and my Mercedes keys, I clearly look older than the legal drinking age of 21!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of sounding immodest the truth is I do look younger than my age. Not as young as I used to look but still a good amount younger. I get that from people when they find out how old I am. Either way I really don't care. I am not that appearance conscious anymore and I cannot remember the last time I wore my contact lenses or any makeup. Wait scratch that. March was the last time.

I am 54 and often get told I look like I am in my mid thirties. Of course the no sleep and high stress life I am currently living is sure to catch up with me soon so ask me next year at this time and we will see how well I am faring. 8)

old.gif

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I look my age. When people say I look young I know it is them trying to be kind .

That is ok with me!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one believes I am in my mid 50s, some even think I bleached my hair white for aesthetic purpose. :lol-2:

DK :mrgreen2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a lot of people in their 40s/50s/60s in general act more youthful and stay more active than in previous generations. If i look at myself and siblings compared to our parents and grandparents at our age, we all look younger. Our lives also haven't been nearly as hard in a lot of ways.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here in Australia the sun is a killer (literally).
I’m now in my late 50s so I go back to a time when marinating in baby or coconut oil and sizzling in the sun for a tan was the done thing. However with my pasty white skin, freckles were the bane of my life so I wore hats and smeared white zinc over my face to keep those freckles at bay.
The effects of sun damage was very evident amongst my old school friends at a recent reunion. My face is relatively unlined, I look a good 10 years younger than my peers. Those who tanned the most in their youth definately looked very aged and wrinkled.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I did until the other day when I was talking to a man at work and he mentioned he was 57 and I jokingly said - “Yeah, me too! “.
He replied- “ No way! You don’t look older than 50! ”.

Umm, I’m 46. :cry2:
Did you slap him across the face?
slap4.gif
:bigsmile:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the skin of a vampire from lack of ever being out in the sun. My skin is good. But that's about it. My hair is a weird grey, almost salt and pepper but sometimes reads as platinum blonde. So I can't say yes with confidence. I know people are really awkward about store rewards for "seniors" 55 and up, lol. Yes, I definitely claim them as I'm 57.:P2

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some people think I look younger than my age, but I feel I look my age.

Like some PPs, I have been careful about sun, so for sure I look younger than people my age who have not been careful or who smoke.

I have a sister close in age who is a big tanner (still!) and IMO it's starting to catch up with her. Her face and hands are getting more creased.

But I do have rosacea and it's spreading, so I don't think that's helping my look any. lol I attribute it to stress, but who knows...

Anne

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I see photos of myself, and I think,"who's that old lady?"

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Perception is a strange thing. I know my age and it is my belief that I might be a decent specimen. Can't change the age spots--cuz they are part of "my" package. (and with sun exposure, much of my creation).

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
People guess I am 10-15 younger than I am. I love it. Of course I didn't like it when I was a teenager and looked like a middle schooler but now it is awesome. I have good genes. My mom is 71 and looks like she is in her 50s or 60s. No fillers. No plastic surgery. Just good luck.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m 44, and I still get carded...and not as a compliment. I was made to go out to the car to go fetch my ID before I would be served a beer. My DH was NOT carded...lol!
I’ve been told my whole life that I look considerably younger than I am, and I’m grateful for that. I get those genes from my Grandmother. :mrgreen2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
no but most guys do.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been told by many that I look younger than my age, but that is likely on a good day with moisturizers and primers lol

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
for a long time i know i did
but my mother was grey by 35 and im now 47
my eyebrows are gray.
i dont have too many wrinkles but deep farrows between my brow

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm I used to get a real combo of comments - I'm mid 30's and have vampire skin (praise be to sunscreen!) apparently I LOOK young but ACT old... :think: I'm mature for my age and I guess I married young so people assumed I was older? Dunno should I be offended? o_O

I definitely don't get carded anymore at pubs dang it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
580CE35F-3291-4112-B251-61D9C31543A3.jpeg I’ve always heard that there are 2 places that show your true age....neck and hands. When I see pictures of my exposed neck, I suddenly feel (and look) my age. Gobble gobble.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to think I looked younger than my age. Then i started taking selfies with my daughter. Lol. Ladies, don’t ever take a picture with your daughter or neices, lol, if you don’t want to burst your bubble! The dewy, naturally moisturized skin juxtaposed with that of anyone even 10 years older is obvious—regardless of your clothes, hairstyle, make-up, lol. So to answer your question—no. No I don’t anymore. Lol.
And I’ve since become better about gauging the age of others—just start by looking at the neck.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a young face and have never been one to sit out in the sun so people don't usually think I'm 40 but I'm sure that will catch up with me since my son turns 13 in February :whistle:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results