shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds By Lauren 6.54ct Y-Z Radiant diamond?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I pulled the trigger and paid for this diamond!

I have no knowledge on colored diamond and I don’t know if there is a guide line I should follow. I would like to see what pricescoper have to say about this diamond.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/654ct-y-z-vvs2-radiant-diamond-r8610

I also have a few questions and hopefully someone can help.

1. Is this diamond’s depth too deep? I feel the mm size is a bit small than its’ carat weight? Or is this normal for colored diamonds?

2. The certificate say surface graining not shown. David told me not to worry about it since the charity of this diamond is very high. Do you agree?

3. The griddle is extremely thick. Should I overlook this because it’s colored diamond?

Thanks!

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know little about coloured diamonds but this looks big & blingy to me! :appl:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
You don’t worry about any of those things when talking about colored diamonds.

David is your man, he looks at these stones all day, I would trust his opinion. That is a honkin’ rock for a very good price.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surface graining should be no issue whatsoever - I'm not sure it's ever an issue with Pricescope-quality diamonds?? I've never seen anyone say or show it affect light performance/colour!

Thick girdles will 'hide weight' and reduce spread somewhat for a given carat weight (noting that the style of cut and therefore its spread can vary for a given carat weight anyway) but coloured diamonds are all about emphasising the colour, so having more material for the light to travel through should help boost the colour :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I love this!!! David is 100% trustworthy and one of the experts on colored diamonds. Proportions don't matter as much in this case, and I would trust David if he says it's amazing in person. I love the pics and think it will be beautiful!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@diamondnewbieny I think you did well here. Colored diamonds are their own animal and if David thinks the stone is a winner, it will be. I have made probably a dozen purchases from David and a few of those have been colored diamonds. I have never had a problem with any of them. David is a solid sort and knows repeat business and word of mouth advertising are best achieved by happy costumers.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
You don’t worry about any of those things when talking about colored diamonds.

David is your man, he looks at these stones all day, I would trust his opinion. That is a honkin’ rock for a very good price.

Yes, I agree. That is a beautiful and big stone! Are you going to have David set it? His settings are really well made.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
I can’t wait to get it and couldn’t sleep last night! When I saw The diamond is Y-Z color and 6.5ct I went coocoooo:love::love::love:. I also didn’t want to pay for the fancy price and I like fancy light yellow.

For some reason I think a lighter form of yellow will make me look younger and darker yellow is more mature, not that I don’t like a vivid or intense yellow. Someday maybe :lol:.

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I agree. That is a beautiful and big stone! Are you going to have David set it? His settings are really well made.

I am going to see the stone first and if I love it I might have him set it as well. I also want to see If I want to enhance the yellow, or I am happy with the color as it is to decide the how I like my setting.

Any suggestions?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to see the stone first and if I love it I might have him set it as well. I also want to see If I want to enhance the yellow, or I am happy with the color as it is to decide the how I like my setting.

Any suggestions?
I would tell David what look you’re going for and see what he says.

I bet he can make that stone look fancy vivid with a couple setting tricks. He made a pink-brown for me look so straight up pink it was crazy.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to get it and couldn’t sleep last night! When I saw The diamond is Y-Z color and 6.5ct I went coocoooo:love::love::love:. I also didn’t want to pay for the fancy price and I like fancy light yellow.

For some reason I think a lighter form of yellow will make me look younger and darker yellow is more mature, not that I don’t like a vivid or intense yellow. Someday maybe :lol:.

My diamond is a GIA O/P that I had enhanced with a gold cup (more to hide the keel line than color change) so if you set this baby is a gold head then that will look like a fancy so quick! With the Y/Z it takes very little to to enhance, it will look gorgeous in gold

here are my before and afters as a reference!
319DE096-298F-4293-841B-B7881460EA43.jpeg

Current ring setting.JPG
5B869A94-34F4-4864-AB5A-0C84344FD74F.jpeg

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 49

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KKJohnson Your ring is one of my all time favorite transformations. I cannot believe the difference the cup made, it's almost like water to wine! HAHA.

Thank you! MMMM wine :P2 adding the cup made all the difference in the world, no more keel line and the color is spectacular

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier, I couldn't decide, cup, no-cup, to the point that Wink suggested that he cancel the sale. I finally decided to accept it for what it was, a gorgeous
2.31 Q-VVS2 CBI.

I went sans cup because I was more worried about having to clean it.

20180323_140835.jpg

20180327_193913.jpg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Earlier, I couldn't decide, cup, no-cup, to the point that Wink suggested that he cancel the sale. I finally decided to accept it for what it was, a gorgeous
2.31 Q-VVS2 CBI.

I went sans cup because I was more worried about having to clean it.

20180323_140835.jpg

20180327_193913.jpg
DBL does cups that are open at the bottom. Mine is easy to clean.

L

lydial

THAT is COOL!!!!! What a unique choice. I hope you love ❤️ it!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond is a GIA O/P that I had enhanced with a gold cup (more to hide the keel line than color change) so if you set this baby is a gold head then that will look like a fancy so quick! With the Y/Z it takes very little to to enhance, it will look gorgeous in gold

Current ring setting.JPG

Wow, I can’t beleieve it’s o-p color! Can you show me how the side views look?

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock

Current ring setting.JPG

I found the tread about your ring and it’s beautiful!

Do you have problem cleaning the diamond?

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found the tread about your ring and it’s beautiful!

Do you have problem cleaning the diamond?

no issues at all, there are two tiny cleaning holes on the side hidden by the traps. if I angle the ring right I can see the belly of the main stone though the holes

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Ok that's a really stunning diamond, I love the faceting and the shape! Wonderful!

diamondnewbieny

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! I love the light yellow color of this diamond!

I might be happy with how it is just like that. I still would go into David’s office to how other diamonds look with the cup enhancer and decide from there.

I think this diamond is meant to be for me. The timing and everything worked for me like crazy?
I first was gonna purchase the P color 4ct from BG, because I wanted a light yellow diamond,but I thought to myself that for 27k I can get much better type of diamond.

@kmoro Then from a thread on PS asking what I would spend for 50k, and I realized I want a light yellow diamond all along. So I looked at DBL and saw they have a new diamond 6.54ct! Y-Z color, not fancy light, but it worked for me because of the price, I love the rectangular shape ration, I like that it’s a radiant instead of cushion, and I love the cutting! The table is 62% therefore it doesnot look like too much of a window. I feel like a lot of radiant cut look like window to me.

I felt like I need to have it! Crazy me called David about 10pm and ask a few questions, then paid the same night I saw it!

He also told me that it’s funny about the timing of me purchasing this stone, he said the diamond was supposed to be ship out to Las Vegas if I have not called him, it would be in the Las Vegas jewelry show.

So here it is this amazing diamond! No photoshop whatsoever.

Images sitting inside of my car in a sunny day.
E254DE1F-98D8-42E5-B19F-E95847CFD216.jpeg 2F29D4D8-1FEA-4D49-9D00-5D318C589E30.jpeg

Inside of my hotel room with natural lighting from the window.

30E3284A-1404-4299-A3F8-043FD8360CF1.jpeg 20B3F758-EBA2-4CC3-BF39-49649C1AECE6.jpeg E2FF2CF5-A5F1-4F7E-BE17-46721E0702A6.jpeg

Last edited:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
It's HUGE! And gorgeous! (My diamonds are on the much smaller side, but I have a W-X that I love.)

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
absolutely gorgeous

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kizmet.
Congrats and enjoy!
Let the setting decision fun begin - hope you share here so we can enjoy along with you.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning, wonderful size, cut and color. I can’t wait to see how you set it! Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results