shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond studs

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Hello,
After consulting with some people on here I came to contact Yekutiel at IDJ and they responded with a gracious response with exactly what i was looking for. They offered to make 0.25ctw 4 prong earrings with screwback, 14k white gold, F/G color, SI clarity, pricescope cut quality diamond within my budget. It is none certified, given the size and budget of stones. I came to be aware that because this was a customer made piece, there is no return policy. I know that people have been raving about Yekutiel at IDJ but I have no first hand experience with them or products. I know that this is not a big purchase but still would like to know that what I am getting is what I will not want to return. Do you guys have any suggestions for me as what I can do prior to purchase? Is asking for asset images on such smaller purchase viable? What else should I ask for before I purchase so i know what i am getting is ok before it gets here? I will greatly appreciate your feedbacks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ask by all means. All Pricescope sponsors are vetted and you'all watch over them so they are usually on the ball :)
I hate screw backs almost as much as insurance companies.
More screw backs get lost than earrings with decent butterflys.
gold allows are terrbile for screw threads.
42 years experinace ;-)

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Hi Gary, thank you for your response. How do screwbacks get lost more than butterflies? What problems do screwbacks have?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 re @Garry H (Cut Nut) advice and especially on the screw backs. I have only one pair of screw back earrings and I never wear them because I can’t stand taking them on and off. They also collect a lot of dirt and could be more difficult to clean.

Considering the size and weight of stones you are interested in, butterflies are perfectly acceptable. If you are worried about the non returnable policy, you could possibly ask IDJ to send you a pair that they have in stock for your viewing, even if the stones are not as great. Alternatively, I would ask about upgrade/trade in options on the earrings, that way, you can always exchange them in the future should you want something different.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings that size (0.125 ct each) don’t need to have lab reports. IDJewelry knows about pricescopers’ preferences regarding cut parameters. They will be able to provide ASET or idealscope images for you. Possibly even glamour shots before they ship.

Mind you, they’ll each be about 3mm, so screwbacks will not be necessary to “hold” them into your ears. As the others have mentioned, they’re kind of a drag to keep clean and take like 50 twists to remove.

If you require a trade-up policy, ask them what they could offer you that qualifies for one. Perhaps if they offer H-I color SI clarity stones that are upgradeable, you could start there and work your way up the color, clarity, or size ladder. Doesn’t hurt to ask.

Keep us posted on your progress. It’s so exciting getting new bling!

Junc80

Rough_Rock
I am told that it is upgradeable and I am waiting to hear back whether they can provide the images for cut quality. They already let me know that the stones they are offering me within my budget are F/G color and SI clarity. I am very excited also as I'd like to see what people are talking about with "pricescope" quality and from IDJ. I loved seeing these dainty sized stones at costco and tiffany's!

Junc80

Rough_Rock
20181016_212040.jpg

Junc80

Rough_Rock
I am pretty bad at taking pics of these.. my idj 4 prong 0.25ctw came and they are really something.. white and sparkly. They were F/G SI clarity pricescope quality. Idj really lived up to its name. Ones above that are other I color vs2 3 prong stones 0.43 carat each where proportions were with range that Todd Gray put out on his site. Thank u all for your helps!!

Btw, my wife's earlobes seem to have closed up because she can wear the other ones but not the new purchase. She says they're too thick. Do you guys have any suggestions so she can get them in soon?

Junc80

Rough_Rock
New idj ones seem to sparkle more tho bigger ones proportions fall within ideal cut... or maybe its because the bigger ones I had for 2 yrs n probably needs cleaning :p

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your wife can wear the other ones, her piercings are not closed up. Have her wear the ones she can for a few days. Then, take the new ones, dab a bit of petroleum jelly on the post, and slip it into the piercing immediately after removing the other ones.

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Thank you for that suggestion! As much as I was excited to see sparkly studs, I think I just was not happy that they didnt fit. We will try your suggestion!

Junc80

Rough_Rock
Hi guys, the metal on the new earrings are thicker than the other one that my wife had. Both are screwbacks but the new ones from IDJ are thicker. We tried to get them in for three nights in a row but no luck. I am beginning to wonder if I can ask IDJ if i can send them back to be set on non-screw backs with thinner metals so that they will fit in my wife's ears. When i got these though, i was told there is no return policy because these were considered custom made even though it is just 0.25ctw earrings. Has anyone dealt with IDJ in the past in similar situation? Do you think they be willing to take them back to be set in prongs that are thinner? Would i be expected to pay insured shipping one way, both way etc? These were barely within my budget and paying shipping both ways insured from CA to NY would make them same price as if i got them normal price from Whiteflash. Any suggestions?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results