shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond gets dark ring

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
988B2604-EA9E-498A-A09C-718C7B72F3A9.jpeg F4351D99-0346-404E-9A38-662269A808A1.jpeg Does anyone know what causes this dark ring to appear in bright lighting. The dark shadow will move around see pics

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be reflecting your top if you are wearing black. Does the colour change if you change the colour of your top?

It could also be obstruction. If you can get an ASETscope image of it, it will help analysis.

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
Not wearing black. No it does not change color.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it one very strong light?

Does it do the same in direct sunlight?

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
Yes it does the same thing in sunlight but it’s not as noticeable because the entire diamond turns grey but you can still see the dark ring. In most other lighting you can’t see it no ring or any darkness. This ring sparkles like crazy in most lighting. At certain angle it creates that ring but when you move the diamond around the dark spots move around like shadows.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you have an ASET image?

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
No but I do have a hand held scope. I understand that doesn’t help you much. Do you think it’s light leakage?

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
Do you have an ASET image?
No I don’t have an image to post but I do have a handheld scope. I know that’s not going to help you. Do you think it is light leakage?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No I don’t have an image to post but I do have a handheld scope. I know that’s not going to help you. Do you think it is light leakage?
What does that area look like under the scope?
Is it blue?
Do you have a return period?

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
What does that area look like under the scope?
Is it blue?
Do you have a return period?
It does have some blue. It has two blue dots top, bottom and each side. Yes I do I have return period. Should I ask to exchange the ring? I am no expert but I think it has some light leakage. This ring sparkles like crazy but some lighting has lower performance than I expected. Overall I would be happy with it if it didn’t have the dark ring in some lighting.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does have some blue. It has two blue dots top, bottom and each side. Yes I do I have return period. Should I ask to exchange the ring? I am no expert but I think it has some light leakage. This ring sparkles like crazy but some lighting has lower performance than I expected. Overall I would be happy with it if it didn’t have the dark ring in some lighting.

If you’re not fully satisfied, your heart doesn’t ALWAYS skip a beat, no matter where you are, and you are questioning anything about it, by all means, consider returning it, and exchanging it for something that catches your breath....EVERYWHERE.
That darkness will not go away with time, and you will not grow to love it.
My $0.10 worth.
If my EC ever disappointed....ever, DH & I would be having a serious conversation.
It’s not pettiness, or selfishness.....this is the one ring you are supposed to expect to wear for eternity. You should love it....every day. All of the time. In all lighting environments.

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
If you’re not fully satisfied, your heart doesn’t ALWAYS skip a beat, no matter where you are, and you are questioning anything about it, by all means, consider returning it, and exchanging it for something that catches your breath....EVERYWHERE.
That darkness will not go away with time, and you will not grow to love it.
My $0.10 worth.
If my EC ever disappointed....ever, DH & I would be having a serious conversation.
It’s not pettiness, or selfishness.....this is the one ring you are supposed to expect to wear for eternity. You should love it....every day. All of the time. In all lighting environments.
I love what you wrote! You are absolutely right I will never grow to love it. I am going to ask to exchange it for something else. I agree with everything you said.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love what you wrote! You are absolutely right I will never grow to love it. I am going to ask to exchange it for something else. I agree with everything you said.

If you need help searching, please let us know.
There are so many knowledgeable contributors, here, and so many trusted vendors!
Good luck with your search!! :mrgreen2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Interesting...I would have thought this stone would have been fine. I see facets going dark but I would have assumed it would make for "good
contrast". I would think it might show up when you take it down to the 1x view but even at that view it doesnt really rasie any red flags for me.

Good thing is that you are still within the return period and you can find a stone that does make you happy. You can request up to 3 asets from
JA but I dont think they can get them for all stones (may be dependent on location of stone).

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
With Princess stones - you really need an ASET before purchase.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting...I would have thought this stone would have been fine. I see facets going dark but I would have assumed it would make for "good
contrast". I would think it might show up when you take it down to the 1x view but even at that view it doesnt really rasie any red flags for me.

Good thing is that you are still within the return period and you can find a stone that does make you happy. You can request up to 3 asets from
JA but I dont think they can get them for all stones (may be dependent on location of stone).
I agree, I would not have expected it to that extent based on the video but the OP said it was fine in some lighting.
Proves the point why a return policy is so important.

Myprincess22

Rough_Rock
I am going to look at two stones next week to compare. I will post the two stones on a new thread and I hope y’all can help guide me in the right direction.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to look at two stones next week to compare. I will post the two stones on a new thread and I hope y’all can help guide me in the right direction.

If any potential stones move you, place them on hold, immediately.
We can help you evaluate them!!
;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results