shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale Cartier Love Bracelet Wht Gd 19 Replica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wewechew I would double check this if I were you. Do you trust the person who said it is not authentic? Cartier do not authenticate without sending the item away to New York I believe. Very strange to be advising you that it may NOT be a fake, but I would just make sure rather than trust someone who might have just changed his mind. Have you had the metal tested? I know a lot about replicas in this brand and it would be unusual for one to have a unique serial number but not be made from the correct metal.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@scarsmum unfortunately Cartier has confirmed it is not authentic. The employee at Cartier took pity on me and ran the serial number and it comes back to a pink gold size 17. It is currently in New York for "service" so I can get documentation that is counterfeit :(

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@scarsmum I haven't had it tested. The employee said it felt slightly light to him, so I just assumed it was 14k instead of 18k. Most likely I will be scraping the metal.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cartier does not authenticate them anymore, when last I checked. They should be 18k not 14 k

I am assuming you did not buy it from Cartier or you would know it was authentic already. Where did you buy it from? Did they not tell you the bracelet should be 18k? Wouldn’t the seller you bought it from have the papers from Cartier directly if it is authentic? If they sold it as real, you should be able to get your money back through your credit card so you won’t have to try to sell it!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tkyasx78 Yes, the original owner had authentication paperwork, which now I'm questioning based on what I now know. I bought it from someone via F&F on LT, so no recourse. She has taken no responsibility for this and has "mentally moved on" from selling the bracelet.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no. I'm sorry @Wewechew. This is a jarring reminder that even a sales venue populated largely by PSers isn't "safe" :(sad

Definitely have the metal tested - it's something any jeweller or appraiser should be able to do for you. I'm still hopeful the servicing comes back complete - proving that the piece is genuine and the serial number was somehow mismatched, or mistyped, or, or, or...

If you'd paid the person you bought from with PP sans F&F she wouldn't have the luxury of "mentally moving on". It seems like common courtesy to accept some measure of responsibility :nono:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you'd paid the person you bought from with PP sans F&F she wouldn't have the luxury of "mentally moving on". It seems like common courtesy to accept some measure of responsibility :nono:
That was my thought process too. I have had the bracelet five months (my fault for not getting it authenticated myself sooner), so I was willing to work with her, maybe split the hit 50/50? But she is unwilling to offer anything.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was my thought process too. I have had the bracelet five months (my fault for not getting it authenticated myself sooner), so I was willing to work with her, maybe split the hit 50/50? But she is unwilling to offer anything.
That's pretty absurd. Obviously neither of you knew, especially given the paperwork. I'd get "proof" of some kind that it's a counterfeit. But her not even offering to help out or anything really sucks :(

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you paid with a CC, there’s a super slim chance that you could still file a dispute, though five months after purchase is likely past the filing period. Still, it doesn’t hurt to check if you haven’t already.

If the photos of the bracelet in the original sale listing clearly show the fake serial number, and it matches documentation that Cartier is providing, then I think you should give the seller one last chance to make things right before you pursue this with law enforcement. At the very least, you could report her to ICE for selling counterfeit goods. Oh, and out this weasel so no one else on PS falls for fake goods again! (I am only advocating public shaming with evidence AND if the seller refuses to do anything.)

Best of luck and I’m sorry this happened to you!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How disappointing for you. I wonder where the previous owner bought the bangle? I wonder if she found out she had a fake, couldn’t return it herself, so just “passed the issue on” or if she never knew?
Unfortunately fakes are everywhere and as you’ve discovered the fakery goes as far as to include fake packaging and fake receipts. Similar issue to be had with Louis Vuitton bags on eBay. And some of the fakes (I got stung once, luckily could return as it was eBay) are really really good. But you have a 14kt gold bangle worth gold melt value plus a bit and not the Cartier name with you paid thousands extra for.
With Loupe Troop it is always a risk paying F & F unless you can confirm the seller as a regular here. There is no recourse with F & F unfortunately. Most people are honest and straight forward and can be trusted but it’s so upsetting and heartbreaking when it happens to you. And how awful selling it and being embarrassed to be told “it’s a fake”.
Sorry this has happened to you.:(

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But her not even offering to help out or anything really sucks :(
Thank you for that. I didn’t know if I was being unreasonable in assuming the ethical thing would be for us to work something out.

@JPie PayPal and my bank have a cut off of six months to file a dispute, so I am right under the time limit. She has had her chance, she has made it clear over several emails she is unwilling to do anything. She is not a PSer, or if she is she lurks and doesn’t post. I knew her from another forum. If you would like to see the proof, you are more than welcome to email me for it. I have seen her sell a few things on LT over the years, and will out her if she lists something in the future.

@Bron357 She claims and ex bought it for her, but after I was first told it was fake I started googling and was able to figure out she bought it on eBay. Probably best not to use the same username everywhere if you don’t want to be easily identified :lol-2:

Since selling counterfeit merchandise is illegal, I have filed fraud charges with my bank. I am hoping they are able to help.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wewechew I hope you didn’t take my post to mean that I don’t believe you! I mentioned proof because I suggested shaming someone and I wanted to be clear that I only condone that as a last resort and with good cause. I hope that makes sense.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for that. I didn’t know if I was being unreasonable in assuming the ethical thing would be for us to work something out.

@JPie PayPal and my bank have a cut off of six months to file a dispute, so I am right under the time limit. She has had her chance, she has made it clear over several emails she is unwilling to do anything. She is not a PSer, or if she is she lurks and doesn’t post. I knew her from another forum. If you would like to see the proof, you are more than welcome to email me for it. I have seen her sell a few things on LT over the years, and will out her if she lists something in the future.

@Bron357 She claims and ex bought it for her, but after I was first told it was fake I started googling and was able to figure out she bought it on eBay. Probably best not to use the same username everywhere if you don’t want to be easily identified :lol-2:

Since selling counterfeit merchandise is illegal, I have filed fraud charges with my bank. I am hoping they are able to help.
Sounds like she knew it might be fake :-/ Otherwise why make up the story about the ex??

I really hope this has a positive outcome for you.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like she knew it might be fake :-/ Otherwise why make up the story about the ex??

I really hope this has a positive outcome for you.
Exactly.

And thank you. Me too!

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You need to expose her. There are extraordinarily good fakes produced in China (with all the documentation). They get passed off as real, every day. I know a woman who purchased one for her daughter, but insisted that the serial number be abraded and the fake documents destroyed so it couldn't be passed off as real.

Strange sense of morality......

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you’ve found the eBay listing, did she pay around $4,000 for it or did she buy an obvious replica for $100 or so? If the later, gather the evidence ie screenshots from eBay and Loupe Troop and any messages she sent you prior to purchase etc then re contact her.
With the Loupe Troop listing, did she insist it was genuine ? If she says this and her purchase from eBay was indicative of a buying a cheap fake she is knowingly committing fraud.
I would tell her that you’ve been able to track the bangle she sold you back to eBay and back to a listing and price that was indicative of a fake Cartier bangle. Tell her that knowingly selling a counterfeit item as genuine is fraud and a crime. Tell her that she needs to fully refund you or you will take the matter up with the authorities and the consequences will be dire for her.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 she purchased the bracelet in 2015, so the listing no longer exists. I found her posting the eBay listing on another forum in 2015 trying to have them authenticate it.

ETA and I know it’s the bracelet I purchased because I found the site googling about the certificate that had come with it (a terminal 1) and she had posted that exact question about the bracelet in 2015 :lol-2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 she purchased the bracelet in 2015, so the listing no longer exists. I found her posting the eBay listing on another forum in 2015 trying to have them authenticate it.

ETA and I know it’s the bracelet I purchased because I found the site googling about the certificate that had come with it (a terminal 1) and she had posted that exact question about the bracelet in 2015 :lol-2:
So she knew it might be fake and sold it to you as though it was real???? That's absurd. File with your cc company.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would considering charges for fraud if there is good evidence she knew it was fake but represented it as real. She will probably settle vs face criminal charges

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would considering charges for fraud if there is good evidence she knew it was fake but represented it as real. She will probably settle vs face criminal charges
Who do I contact to file fraud charges? I was looking into small claims, but we are not in the same state, which makes things difficult.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be filing mail fraud charges and filing a report with her police department as well. As soon as I receive the official email from Cartier confirming what I already know to be true, I will post her user name. I did some more digging and she is still active on another site. Don't want this to happen to anyone else.

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah I see. As others have said, you have options. I would call your state AG office and ask them for advice. As others have said, if the band was shipped via USPS, you can also pursue mail fraud under 18 usc 1341, I believe.

I would personally send the seller a 93a letter and give her 30days to issue a refund. Should she fail to comply, I’d pursue in small claims and file criminal charges.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results