shape
carat
color
clarity

Can anyone purchase Stuller settings?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I was just on the Stuller website eyeing a setting but it seems that I’ll need an account to buy? I’m not an “artisan, trader, or student jeweler” per the different accounts, is there a way to purchase from their website without being a member of the trade? Or do I have to visit one of their distributor stores to purchase?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to be a "jeweler". Most jewelers can get Stuller. Find a jeweler and have them order for you.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's annoying, but you have to contact a local jeweler and order it through them.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
There's a member here that has an account, but I'm not at liberty to say who it is. Maybe she will contact you directly somehow.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@T L Good to know! Thank you! I will do so.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I had the same exact question. Thank you for asking it!

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
I have an account with them, they require a business I.D and a resale certificate. I use them more for bench supply's and setting for the stones I cut. I also live about a mile from there facility so its easy for me to pick up whats needed. There prices on gemstones are insane, setting and everything are high but its convenient

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@Kevin Bryant Thanks for taking the time to write, always interesting and valuable to hear a professional’s opinion! It seems like forbidden and tantalizing knowledge to guess at the setting’s wholesale value vs markup at brick and mortar stores. :lol: I find the jewelry business incredibly fascinating and elusive at the same time!

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
I am but a small fish with a small business , but I can tell you from what I have seen there or so many great people who all they want to do is help others learn. I have seen some of the top people in the industry reach down and give so much of there time and talent to newer people and helping each other.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@Kevin Bryant

It’s for the pretty gems but also for the generosity of spirit from folks like you and all those others on this site that keeps me coming back. Thank you! Your kindness matters greatly.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@D&T Thanks! I’ve been looking on loupe troop but no setting so far for a 10 x 8 mm stone. Will keep checking!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Africagems has a branded Stuller store on their site. There are prices, presumably Africagems markup. It will give you an idea of prices. I can’t find the right link with my cell phone. When I’m on my laptop I’ll com back to this thread with the direct link

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband's family are all in the trade so I have access to Stuller but I don't find their settings for what they are even at wholesale prices substantially better than David Klass to be honest so try getting quotes from him as well.

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
I actually found a 2019/2020 Stuller catalog PDF online the other day, complete with prices. An anomaly? Counterfeit? I can double check to verify it is what I think it is, as maybe I am mixing it up with something else, but it was reasonably easy to find...

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Africagems has a branded Stuller store on their site. There are prices, presumably Africagems markup. It will give you an idea of prices. I can’t find the right link with my cell phone. When I’m on my laptop I’ll com back to this thread with the direct link

Thanks for taking the time to help out! That’s very good to know, gives me a good comparative idea.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
My husband's family are all in the trade so I have access to Stuller but I don't find their settings for what they are even at wholesale prices substantially better than David Klass to be honest so try getting quotes from him as well.

@arkieb1 Thank you for your time and advice; I’ll email David and see. Keep you all posted!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
I actually found a 2019/2020 Stuller catalog PDF online the other day, complete with prices. An anomaly? Counterfeit? I can double check to verify it is what I think it is, as maybe I am mixing it up with something else, but it was reasonably easy to find...

Kudos to your sleuthing skills!!!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of general FYIs:
  • Unlke, say, Rolex, Stuller is indifferent to what the retail jeweler charges its customers; they don't send out "secret shoppers" & don't care if you're charged appreciably less than their manufacturer's suggested retail price (which generally is 3x Stuller's wholesale price, or at least it used to be). So that's why, as others have said, it can definitely be worth your while to get more than one price quote... and be specific in your price-shopping. Some shops will charge you more if you didn't purchase the center stone from them or are just buying the mounting/semi-mount and won't have them set your own stone.
  • Stuller's wholesale prices are very market-sensitive. When the price of gold or platinum falls or rises, they very quickly adjust their wholesale prices. Soooo, depending on the market, a price you get at X point in time may not be the same price quoted you a month later. And as you've probably already seen, the price of a particular Stuller mounting will vary according to ring size, size of center stone, etc.
  • Your retailer will not be able to return a mounting/semi-mount to Stuller if it's a special order... and the vast majority are special order. So don't expect your retailer to refund your money if you don't like the setting after it's received in their store. (Retailers will sometimes offer at least a partial refund if it's a setting in a style and size they think they can "turn over" quickly.)
HAVE FUN!

Last edited:

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@MollyMalone Really helpful especially your advice re returns, I appreciate it so much. Can’t wait to show you all the finished product!

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
Kudos to your sleuthing skills!!!

So, the PDFs are accessible on Stuller's own website: https://www.stuller.com/mountings-catalog
Below the image of the catalog, there are PDFs in different categories.

Not sure why these are available, or if they list all of Stuller's products, but there are prices in the "Settings and Shanks" catalog I looked at.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
You can also see prices if you browse their website through a “jeweler showcase.”
You can find one if you click on the locate a jeweler link, then look for one that offers it.
It will show market prices at MSRP. Sometimes you can’t see item numbers unless you add it to your quote. Then when you look at your quote you should be able to see it. You can also build specific jewelry with different stones or diamond quality to see how the prices are adjusted.
E9138C73-C9CE-4E07-879A-23F95A3837BD.jpeg

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Just be aware that the prices shown through that Jeweler's Showcase are about 40% higher than wholesale.
For example, I got a quote from a jeweler I found on Etsy for a men's 9834 ring in yellow gold for $980. If you go through Stuller's Jeweler's Showcase, it shows the same setting at $1,315. Umm, nope.

OP, let me see if I can find the info for the jeweler that was giving me good quotes.
Found it: Bruce Spiegel [email protected]

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results