shape
carat
color
clarity

CBI Station Necklace Creation by DKJ is here!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Well PS family, the necklace is finally done and home. @Wink at CBI started helping me put the stones together for this project in December, and the buying experience from him was a pleasure, as always. The first center stone I purchased was a 1.09ct J SI2 that was very beautiful. Even with a loupe I couldn't see the minor twinning wisps or feathers, at all. But my brain couldn't get past the SI2 grade and Wink promptly found me the perfect center, a 1.25ct J VSI that was in production and he made the trade very easy. DKJ was immensely patient with me as I had an idea of what I wanted but had not seen anything quite like it before, so there were about 60 inspiration pics.....poor Amy! :oops2: I wanted her uber bench to work on my project and so had to wait to be fit into their schedule. I think the work they did is impeccable and I couldn't have asked for more. The engraving on the back of the pieces is lovely as well and makes the pendants look and feel "done".

The necklace arrived very nicely packaged with an appraisal from DKJ. My heart skipped a beat when I opened the box and saw this gleaming jewel in front of me. It's everything I wanted and then some. The diamonds glow beautifully against the highly polished little cups they sit in. I slid it on over my head and felt the weight of it on my neck and love its heft. Then I looked in the mirror, and as predicted by so many, the pendants are flipping around or sticking up at weird angles.... sad :((

Amy had mentioned that the small pendants were moving too much so she made the rings smaller and tighter to avoid the flipping, but now they stick up sometimes, as shown in the pictures. I don't know if I can live with it always sticking up or not laying right. I'm wondering if lengthening the small pendants off of the chain could help? I'll be taking it back to her to try and figure out a solution, but I may end up wearing the smaller pendants as stations on a bracelet and a pair of earrings, and leaving the necklace with just the center. Any thoughts?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.1.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg

EC8

Shiny_Rock
Stunning necklace!!!
I hope you & Amy can figure out why the smaller pendants are flipping; are they all on the same link I.e. if the links alternate between being vertical vs. horizontal, are they all on the horizontal ones? It sort of looks like it isn’t the case if I look at the last photo and the first small pendant on the left?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!! That is an amazing necklace

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I’m sorry about the practical issues with the piece, but your pictures make it look truly extravagant :kiss2:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning necklace!!!
I hope you & Amy can figure out why the smaller pendants are flipping; are they all on the same link I.e. if the links alternate between being vertical vs. horizontal, are they all on the horizontal ones? It sort of looks like it isn’t the case if I look at the last photo and the first small pendant on the left?
Yes, they're all on the horizontal ones eight links apart. It's just that the little rings are so tight, there's very little movement. I was thinking that if they dangled a little bit more, than the pendants might move less when the chain moves. This was predicted, I just hadn't owned any dangly pendants, but now I see the problem first-hand.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There MUST be a reason why the small pendants are flipping?? Because this is I still just stunning & they look weighty enough to be sitting perfectly on you??! I love it :love:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting for this! It's absolutely stunning!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god that is just... Exquisite? Luxurious? Spectacular? Wow! The central pendant especially! What a work of art! What a vision you had and it must be wonderful that it's come to life!

As for the flipping... Ummm I don't have experience with these types of necklaces, but I can see why it would be a problem... Would adding an extra link to each smaller pendant work? It would drop them all a fraction but they may not be so prone to getting caught. Not so sure about the flipping, it might help?

Hopefully Amy and other wise people of Pricescope can help figure this one out, because that necklace is something else!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
There MUST be a reason why the small pendants are flipping?? Because this is I still just stunning & they look weighty enough to be sitting perfectly on you??! I love it :love:
Thank you Alex! Yes, the pendants are relatively heavy on their own, I just think they're attached too tightly to the necklace links. On some of them, I can't move them on the link at all. I'm thinking if the rings were a little longer and perhaps attached to some sort of swivel bail, then the necklace could move a bit without making the little pendants stick up, but I dunno.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa. Jaw dropping. :appl::appl:Definitely a special occasion piece. Congratulations! You wear it so well.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god that is just... Exquisite? Luxurious? Spectacular? Wow! The central pendant especially! What a work of art! What a vision you had and it must be wonderful that it's come to life!

As for the flipping... Ummm I don't have experience with these types of necklaces, but I can see why it would be a problem... Would adding an extra link to each smaller pendant work? It would drop them all a fraction but they may not be so prone to getting caught. Not so sure about the flipping, it might help?

Hopefully Amy and other wise people of Pricescope can help figure this one out, because that necklace is something else!
Thanks SO much @Lykame!! :P2 Yes, it IS wonderful to see something come to life from a nebulous concept, I can't believe it's real TBH. I do hope there IS a solution, but there might not be. We had originally discussed setting the small pendants in to the chain, but then they would probably flip a different way as the necklace moves and rolls.

If a solution can't be found, I'm really ok getting them set on a bracelet and dangly earrings. I was planning to do that anyway as soon as CBI comes up with more J stones for me to buy. I would rather have them on the necklace though.... =)2

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, very regal! I wonder if dkj could make a bail that would bith secure the smaller pandants so they don't flip up and allow you to take them off the necklace to attach to a bracelet or earrings when desired.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, very regal! I wonder if dkj could make a bail that would bith secure the smaller pandants so they don't flip up and allow you to take them off the necklace to attach to a bracelet or earrings when desired.

Argh these tiny keys.....!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa. Jaw dropping. :appl::appl:Definitely a special occasion piece. Congratulations! You wear it so well.
Thanks @LLJsmom! I'm embarrassed to say I plan on wearing this on the daily. :oops2: :oops: It's long enough you can't see much of it under my scrubs, but I love the weight and luxury of it.

I made this as a reward for, and memento of, the success of my current business when it was predicted I would fail from the get-go from those closest to me. Wearing this small but magnificent thing is meant to be a reminder to myself to continue to believe in myself, no matter what anyone else thinks or says, because I can do small and magnificent things if I try, even if no one believes in me.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, very regal! I wonder if dkj could make a bail that would both secure the smaller pendants so they don't flip up and allow you to take them off the necklace to attach to a bracelet or earrings when desired.
That's a good idea, thank you!! Once they come back from Vegas, I'm going to contact them to see if they have any ideas.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! It really is spectacular and and piece of art. It's beautiful in design and very special. :kiss2: it looks wonderful on you. :roll2:

I love the message of it to yourself. As someone that struggles with feeling value in myself and what I can do, I relate to it. At times, I am still surprised that I have lovely things and that I bought them myself.

I hope they can figure out the flip. If nothing else, the smallest two at the backs would be beautiful earrings as a compromise...

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! It really is spectacular and and piece of art. It's beautiful in design and very special. :kiss2: it looks wonderful on you. :roll2:

I love the message of it to yourself. As someone that struggles with feeling value in myself and what I can do, I relate to it. At times, I am still surprised that I have lovely things and that I bought them myself.

I hope they can figure out the flip. If nothing else, the smallest two at the backs would be beautiful earrings as a compromise...
Thank you so much @elizat for the kind words!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Don’t ya love DKJ?!
Your new stunning necklace is pretty darn special. That is literally a piece of art. It looks absolutely fabulous on and I do hope you can solve the minor issue. I’m sure a solution is afoot. Enjoy it!
Would love more pics :P2

L

lydial

Hi! If that was mine I would literally wear it all the time. Like in shorts and a t-shirt doing yard work... I would be wearing it! I personally wear a Victorian cameo pin as a pendant quite often! I would however remove the round coins and make them into a charm bracelet with the same chain. I would hang them on longer loops so they twinkle around. It would be my everyday jewelry. It is very popular where I live to wear big chunky costume jewelry so this would fit right in style-wise! If you aren’t into bracelets you could hang the coins from a straight across bar (maybe 3 cm wide, it could be engraved) and have the bar hung from the sides on a marginally thinner chain for when something less fabulous is in order (like laundry day).:roll2:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
It is jaw dropping! Lots of dust for working out the kinks. And congrats on your personal success!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea you were royalty!!! It's breathtaking!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! :love: I hope there's a solution to keep it as one magnificent piece.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my gosh!! That is stupendous! I love that you plan to wear it daily! Good for you!! Why not?! If it’s makes you happy, go for it!

I hope that you can resolve the sticking up. Maybe “squishing” the jump rings into an oval shape (instead of round) would give you just enough extra play to make them lay flat AND not flip??

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness - it does look fit for a queen! Enjoy it daily - love your outlook about it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @LLJsmom! I'm embarrassed to say I plan on wearing this on the daily. :oops2: :oops: It's long enough you can't see much of it under my scrubs, but I love the weight and luxury of it.

I made this as a reward for, and memento of, the success of my current business when it was predicted I would fail from the get-go from those closest to me. Wearing this small but magnificent thing is meant to be a reminder to myself to continue to believe in myself, no matter what anyone else thinks or says, because I can do small and magnificent things if I try, even if no one believes in me.
That is FABULOUS. Rock that magnificent necklace everyday. That’s what jewelry is for. Congratulations and kudos to you to celebrating and recognizing your achievements. We all should do that more often.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a really gorgeous piece!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I would also suggest loosening the smaller ones where they are attached a little to see if giving them a bit more slack allows them to naturally fall better. If not then I'd keep the big centre one, I think it would also be magnificent on it's own on a plain chain and as you suggested turn the rest into a bracelet.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an amazing statement piece of art/jewelry you’re wearing. Congratulations on your achievements, you deserve it :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful necklace ! :love: Congrats! Well done! :clap::clap:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@SandyinAnaheim that’s seriously great. I love it. Congratulations on your success.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results