shape
carat
color
clarity

CADS for the old Mahenge

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone was bought in 2010 or so. Too reddish, it seemed. Then my kiddo dropped it on the table and it chipped but successfully- two tiny chips on the opposite sides, no cracks. Was recut.

Now with Joseph Jewelry waiting for me to pay to be made.

They insisted on certifying it saying it was unusually clean. It came back as natural (I would never mistrust that vendor! - but no harm in certing, right?) - just very clean.

Anyhow, posting pictures and waiting for it to be done. It should look beautiful - like an uncut crystal in a "cage", I saw it once. SmartSelect_20180825-124734_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it free floating within the cage (able to swing)?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. What a beautiful design! :kiss2: I can’t believe it cracked but how lucky you were that it was still salvageable. I’m excited to see how this turns out.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is really gorgeous!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. What a beautiful design! :kiss2: I can’t believe it cracked but how lucky you were that it was still salvageable. I’m excited to see how this turns out.

Thank you. It was a very typical situation. My older kid said, “oh, so gorgeous!” - and of course! - grabbed a pair of tweezers to hold the stone “like one should”. The rest is obvious.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! How much did you lose having to get it recut? What did it end up weighing?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! How much did you lose having to get it recut? What did it end up weighing?

Good question. Honestly, not much but I don’t remember the initial weight. It is 2.41 ct now. The initial weight was less then 3 ct, but how much less? No clue, it was a lo-ong time ago, 7 years or more. Two chips on the sides, I remember being surprised how it did not crack, but miracles happen. I think we had a thread about stones being damaged because of own klutziness, where is it now? :)

Last edited:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's still a sizable Mahenge! How wonderful. I can't wait to see the finished piece!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The design is timeless with a twist to it. Like everyone else, we will be waiting to view the final result when set :)

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful pendant. It will be a lovely match for your ring.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the pendulum design!

voce

Ideal_Rock
:love::love: Your Mahenge pendant is lovely!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful design and your Mahenge just glows! :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s so glowy! Gorgeousness

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely stone color, and what an unusual design! I especially love how unique it is and that it moves. It seems to have some of the old world jewelry complexity through the variation of different shapes, a nice visual ‘frame’ for the spinel, all combining movement in a very contemporary look. Congratulations!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's beautiful.. love the color of your stone... can't wait to see neck shots!

:love::love:

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely LOVE the beauty and uniqueness of your pendant! Gorgeous!

The title of this thread also brought a smile to my face........there are a lot of 'old Mahenge's' hanging around this forum!! Maybe that's the new name for Sr. PS'rs on this forum?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the design! It came out beautifully!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VERY cool. The unique design of the setting suits the unique stone. :appl::appl::appl:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of more. I am at work today. Sunny day here. 20181014_123940.jpg

The big stone reminds me of a spinel crystal. I once saw a pendant with the crystal in it. And the stone matches very well the tiny stones that were bought separately from a well-known vendor.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

As usual, 2die4! Keep up the good work!!:love::appl:

cheers--Sharon

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely stone color, and what an unusual design! I especially love how unique it is and that it moves. It seems to have some of the old world jewelry complexity through the variation of different shapes, a nice visual ‘frame’ for the spinel, all combining movement in a very contemporary look. Congratulations!

Thank you once again!

Now, the design is that of Joseph Jewelry, very little of mine contribution. (Two red spinels on top). I think the original pendant i saw was with a diamond, and at that moment, the concept of the cage with a spinel crystal, something I saw in one of Masters book, came to mind. (I tried to find that pendant that stuck in my memory, to no avail. It looks very different, but - "spinel in a cage").

What I want to say, in my mind, any princess cut colored stone will look well in this cage.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results