shape
carat
color
clarity

Burglary DISASTER HELP! (Thread moved to Rocky Talk)

d89s46

Rough_Rock
This post has been reposted in Rocky Talk on advice. Any answers please do reply there. Thank you.

You may have seen my posts with me sourcing my OMC stone and having it reset for my engagement ring over the last year. Well I found the perfect stone in an old ring. Found a jeweller to set it in my design. Persuaded my love not to hyperventilate at the thought of the proposal. And....we’ve been burgled after having the new made up ring less than a day. I cannot believe it. We live in a nice area!! We have a dog that barks! The arseholes smashed the windows to open the window locks and took all my jewellery (mainly my grannies and not high value). We’re covered for everything as low value BAR THE RING which hasn’t been added as a special high value item as we’d got it THAT DAY - RAGE.
So to cut a long story short, we still want to propose before the anniversary of my mum’s passing at Christmas as something nice for my dad this year. We can do it without the ring setting but we really want the stone! So I’m on a URGENT plea to help me find the very best sparkliest OMC diamond possible ASAP so my dad doesn’t need to know what’s happened.(he’s old and fragile atm). I’d already done so much research for the first diamond to get a H/VSI/1.5 OMC, so I know my choices are likely Old World Diamonds or @Rhino August Vintage for their ideal cuts. I’d rather get a second hand stone or a warmer colour (but not past J) budget wise given we’ve just been cleared out money wise! Please help me find the very loveliest sparkly amazing OMc diamond 1.5 to 1.8 I can buy ASAP to keep to my planned proposal date (for my dad)! I need some luck PS-ers!!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry this has happened to you! We were burgled too and all my jewelry was stolen years ago including my deceased mother's wedding set so my heart really goes out to you.

Even though you did not add the ring to your policy, you would still be covered for theft subject to your deductible, most policies allow a grace period for newly acquired items, you may want to check into that when you have a chance.

You would probably be best off to post in Rocky Talk, they are great at finding diamonds and they can find you one I'm sure.

Also check local pawn shops, people that steal jewelry flip it for cash, so check the local shops and you might spot it.

d89s46

Rough_Rock
B6F10535-2DF7-4722-B8C7-F7BDAD11EE03.jpeg Pic from my lovely two hours I got to wear my ring to check it fitted properly if I was exercising, before those x#%€$¥*!!?’s broke in.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a thought, let all your local pawn shops and jewellers who buy estate jewellery that you’ve had an OMC stolen. You’re in luck that this is not the usual diamond cut that gets pawned / resold so it might help. Print up some flyers with description and weight and drop them off your local places. No harm in trying.
Other than that have you looked at Ivy & Rose, they have a few very nice OMC diamonds loose in their inventory. They have a very nice I vS2 certified 1.5 carat for $5,995.
Fingers crossed a lovely OMC is waiting.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it is an absolutely enraging situation to be in....it is a beautiful ring and you know what? The good folks here can find you another ring so you can have your wedding. Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you, make a post in the Rocky Talk forum and tell them exactly what you're looking for so they can start looking for you.

d89s46

Rough_Rock
Thank you Stephanie, I’ve quickly redone it in the Rocky Talk. I’m absolutely gutted to be honest. The insurance says if it’s not listed as a high value it’s not covered and although we paid for the setting on credit card, we didn’t for the stone so we’re nit covered that way. We’re looking into it today but the most important thing is to source a similar or better! stone to go ahead with the proposal before my mums anniversary. Gahhhhh. I’m sure someone here will help me source one. My mums jewellery is a whole other emotional rollercoaster but thankfully that is covered financially. Thanks

I'm so sorry this has happened to you! We were burgled too and all my jewelry was stolen years ago including my deceased mother's wedding set so my heart really goes out to you.

Even though you did not add the ring to your policy, you would still be covered for theft subject to your deductible, most policies allow a grace period for newly acquired items, you may want to check into that when you have a chance.

You would probably be best off to post in Rocky Talk, they are great at finding diamonds and they can find you one I'm sure.

Also check local pawn shops, people that steal jewelry flip it for cash, so check the local shops and you might spot it.

d89s46

Rough_Rock
Thank you for reply. I’ve reposted this in Rocky Talk on advice. I will definitely look st our pawn shops and check out Ivy and Arose as haven’t heard of them. Thank you.

Just a thought, let all your local pawn shops and jewellers who buy estate jewellery that you’ve had an OMC stolen. You’re in luck that this is not the usual diamond cut that gets pawned / resold so it might help. Print up some flyers with description and weight and drop them off your local places. No harm in trying.
Other than that have you looked at Ivy & Rose, they have a few very nice OMC diamonds loose in their inventory. They have a very nice I vS2 certified 1.5 carat for $5,995.
Fingers crossed a lovely OMC is waiting.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have a nice selection but this is my pick. They are also a Pricescope recommended vendor. In Chicago. 408D4F53-7365-4520-912A-5748B142B36E.jpeg

d89s46

Rough_Rock
Thank you, will have a look on there at that one too. Jo

They have a nice selection but this is my pick. They are also a Pricescope recommended vendor. In Chicago. 408D4F53-7365-4520-912A-5748B142B36E.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results