carat
color
clarity

Brit Milah - gifts and étiquette

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers!

DH and I are invited to my first Brit Milah ceremony on Sunday. We only know since yesterday night. I did a quick search and found some suggestions for gifts, I but alas they are not available here.
I was thinking of buying a nice outfit (it's a baby boy after 2girls) and - if I can organize it - have it embroidered with " Mini Mensch" or "Bubbalah".
I know it's going to be hard for the mom, but I since she lost her dad this year and I have sensed that she doesn't want to lose her Jewishness, because they are geographically far from her family.

Any thoughts? Possible pitfalls?

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely idea and I think that's a good gift. I also think anything you give is going to be warmly received as it is the thought and love behind it. Truly. Baby clothes, toys, books really almost anything you can think of would be a good gift.

Also if the parents have a lot on their plate with a newborn and 2 young children at home maybe offering to bring them a meal in the coming weeks would be a great gift too.

Here are some more ideas just throwing out there that are traditional gifts for this ceremony.

https://amenvamen.com/jewish-baby-gifts#Traditional_Jewish_Baby_Boy_Gifts

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great, I thank you for your suggestions @missy!
I'm hitting the stores now and will see what I can find. Meals are a really good idea, but I but they moved in with his parents for the next few weeks, and so I think that's taken care of.... She WILL need some moral support though.... living with the in laws can be quite the challenge even if the house
is big and the relationship good otherwise :???::???::???:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great, I thank you for your suggestions @missy!
I'm hitting the stores now and will see what I can find. Meals are a really good idea, but I but they moved in with his parents for the next few weeks, and so I think that's taken care of.... She WILL need some moral support though.... living with the in laws can be quite the challenge even if the house
is big and the relationship good otherwise :???::???::???:

You're welcome @kipari and omg I cannot imagine living with the in laws during any other time but I guess during this time it would be easier for them as well as comforting having their support.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. Any outfit , blanket, or stuffed animal would be great. Books also. Go to Barnes and Noble. They have great book sets and toys for babies.
:appl:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! bought a Cashmere onesie and a cotton body that I had to leave in the shop to be embroidered Bubbalah. And yes, the in laws will be a challenge, I think....

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Where did you buy the cashmere onesie?! Sounds great. My daughter is expecting a boy next month.....

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Adorable clothes!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Every boy needs a 5ct Vivid Yellow IMO....:love:

Seriously- Mazel Tov- I'm sure your presence is the greatest gift you'll give.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @TooPatient, those are really cute. I only found VERY traditional ones here in France. Not very cheerful for a baby's room.
@Rockdiamond I like the way you think!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results