shape
carat
color
clarity

Brilliant Earth Price Drop / Diamond Review

Matthewgolf34

Rough_Rock
Brilliant Earth just unloaded a huge amount of MMD this week at lowest prices ever. FYI.

Can someone review my diamond pick for cut attributes? I have a 1.24 G, VS2, ideal reserved on BE for $2790. My perfect match is an F SI1 with the same specs but this one appears well cut. Thanks to OoohShiny for the helpful tips. This stone scores a 1.3 on HCA and its cut characteristics seem to fit within the AGA tool.

Any comments/criticisms on the specs and choice? This forum has really helped me decipher what to look for but I'm curious if I should hold off for something better or if people think this stone should perform well.

https://www.gcalusa.com/certificate-search.html?certificate_id=291510096

specs.PNG gcal.jpg gcal2.jpg gcal3.jpg pic2.PNG pic3.PNG pic3.PNG pic4.PNG
pic1.PNG

Attachments

• diamond specs.jpg
    diamond specs.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 70

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Pull the trigger on the 1.24 F/VS2. The inclusions aren’t in the table and it should perform beautifully.

Matthewgolf34

Rough_Rock

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I pulled the trigger on the 1.24 G, VS2. I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse though and have 30 days to return. Do you think the below would perform better? It appears to me to have less leakage and more consistent/symmetrical H&A.

https://www.gcalusa.com/certificate-search.html?certificate_id=291510094
I personally don’t see enough of a difference to go with the second stone. If anything, that has table inclusions which may reduce the stone’s performance. It’s one thing to analyze to death on paper but honestly nothing compares to seeing real live performance. A diamond can have perfect specs and appear dull to the naked eye. Perception is everything.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think all the options look potentially great - assess the G VS2 when it arrives (make sure to do so in all the different lighting environments it will usually be in, but being careful not to drop it! lol) and see how you feel :)

You have to love it so ultimately you have to go with your gut!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brilliant Earth just unloaded a huge amount of MMD this week at lowest prices ever. FYI.
Ooh, I forgot to ask - did you notice this just because you are keeping an eye on things?

I've been looking now and then but it's hard to keep track and also compare when there isn't an overarching search tool to use!

I'm thinking about a pair of diamond stud earrings for my good lady but I'm not sure if ~£450-500 each for ~0.40ct G+ VS2+ stones is decent or not! It's definitely less than Mined stones, of course, but it still 'feels' high when now and then I read of massive profit margins on MMDs. :???:

Matthewgolf34

Rough_Rock
Thanks OS for all the help the past few message. I really owe you a lot. I haven’t seen the stones yet but I feel much better about my choice now.

To answer your question, yes I have. My understanding obviously isn’t as comprehensive as a large scale Boolean compilation, but I’ve always prided myself in understanding a good deal. Aside from a deal from your local jewelry broker, BE and CO have had the lowest prices I’ve seen the past few months. CO was the lowest a few weeks ago but raised ~20% the first week of June. CO seems to have a little more dynamic pricing while BE keeps prices static aside from when new inventory comes in. New inventory seems to price at its own #. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the lowest we see from BE for the next month considering their June 10 pricing seemed to match the CO pricing in May.

Let me know if you have a better website for deals at the moment. I found this below quickly, but im sure there are better options out there.

https://www.brilliantearth.com/lab-diamonds-search/view_detail/7900029/

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good work on your data capture and analysis! I like data :D lol, and I know @sledge does too!

There is a diamond price tracker under one of the tabs at the top of the forum but it's only for Mined diamonds, so having similar for MMDs would be super useful. I know @John Pollard has mentioned recently that PS could potentially initiate a market-wide search tool for MMDs, similar to the one that exists now at the top of the page for Mined diamonds, so perhaps a suite of analysis tools could be developed in due course. :)

In the absence of anything 'official', though, you would be more than welcome to start a thread on 'MMD price movement ongoing analysis' or something to that effect, if you wanted to spend the time and energy doing so ;-) :)) - I know I would welcome it, and I'm sure many others would too!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Speaking as someone who is on a continuing search for the best combination of quality and price, I know that I would welcome a search tool for MMD that is similar to the one PS offers for earth mined diamonds!

Matthewgolf34

Rough_Rock
Thanks OS! =)2. Yes, a price tracker would be so so useful. In the absence of this, I’ll perhaps just post my thoughts when I see something happen. It will be anecdotal evidence but perhaps better than nothing.

Speaking of which, James Allen seems to have a few new competitive options that have come onto my radar. I don’t have much history checking their inventory however.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few yrs from now MMD will sell for XX dollar per lb not XX dollar per ct. :whistle:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results