shape
carat
color
clarity

Blinged out stranger catch your eye? Please! Deets!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers,

I would love to see what you've seen IRL!!!

I just had to share because I've been staring (probably very rudely) for at least a year now, at this woman at the gym who was blinged OUT. I think it would be like meeting another PSer in real life. (I hope I can make it to the west coast get together next year...)

Anyhoo, I actually stopped her to ask to see her rings. Here is what she wore.

PHAT three stone. The center was an oval, and I know they face up bigger. But it looked at least 3.5 carats, and the sides stones looked about 1-1.5 each.

Blingy 5 stone - about 50 points each.

Phat studs. Looked at least 2 carats on each ear.

And a bright orange Goyard keep all as a GYM BAG!!!! Stuffed to the hilt, and tossed casually to the workout floor. I love that bright orange Goyard.

AND SHE WORE ALL THAT DURING THE PUMP CLASS, SQUATING 80 POUNDS FOR 5-6 MINUTES STRAIGHT, ANOTHER 5-6 MINUTES OF CLEAN AND PRESSES, AND MORE CHEST AND SHOULDER EXERCISES.

So you can see why I thought wearing my little pave babies would be ok, right? ;-)

And for the record, today she did not have diamonds studs on, but these super chic black van cleef and arpel earrings. You know, that four leave clover thing (don't know what it's officially called), and it looked so good with her black lululemon workout top.

I wore lululemon too, but I wasn't nearly as coordinated. Blue and green top with black and orange pants. And all my bling tucked safely away in a zipper pocket in my pants. LOL!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guilty! Funny thing it is in a Brady pump class too where I've been shamelessly leering. She is always three people away but she has what I would guess to be 2.5 ct... I'm dying to see the setting but she is not friendly with the rest of us in the class even though she's been in our class a while now... So as I pass her at the weight rack I try and sneak a glance. I'm sure she thinks I'm a freak.

There's also a woman who does body pump in her halo :-o She wear fingerless gloves... But that would give me heartburn!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In Washington DC I saw a woman at the Smithsonian admiring the jewelry near me. She had the most beautiful square emerald cut diamond set in a platinum bezel. I didn't get a picture of it :cheeky:

However I did snap some (bad) pictures of the other jewels!

_11885.jpg

_11886.jpg

_11887.jpg

_11888.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Emprocter, you got a great close up of Empress Marie Louise's necklace!! So gorgeous. I'd totally rock it hehe.

At my old job, there were lots of moms who came in with amazing huge rocks. One lady had a 3ct emerald, it was so classy. And my boss had a gorgeous 2ct round with 4 0.5ct RB sidestones on tiny size 3 fingers.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1384274926|3555183 said:
Emprocter, you got a great close up of Empress Marie Louise's necklace!! So gorgeous. I'd totally rock it hehe.

At my old job, there were lots of moms who came in with amazing huge rocks. One lady had a 3ct emerald, it was so classy. And my boss had a gorgeous 2ct round with 4 0.5ct RB sidestones on tiny size 3 fingers.

Size 3 finger, uggghhhh I am so envious. Why was I cursed with these hamhands?!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1384235958|3554920 said:
And for the record, today she did not have diamonds studs on, but these super chic black van cleef and arpel earrings. You know, that four leave clover thing (don't know what it's officially called), and it looked so good with her black lululemon workout top.

I'm DYING laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol: Because she sounds like a woman I used to do TRX with at my old gym. She had awesome boobs too. :love: TOTALLY fake, but fantastic nonetheless.

I CANNOT wear my bling at the gym. My hand are torn up from dead lifts. My gym is more of a cross fit type gym anyway. If I were on a stair stepper or something, I might flash a little bling! I don't see anyone else wearing any either.

The other woman whose bling I admire is the one who works at the counter at my old gym. I have actually partied with her and boobie monster. They are awesome. This woman has at LEAST a 3 carat RBC on one hand, a 3 carat diamond pendant, and like 3 other rings on that have to total at least 7 carats on her fingers. Insane.

She uses my jeweler too and he told me that she will sometimes bring the setting back, say she doesn't like it, and have him make something totally different after wearing it for a few weeks. :lol:

And another one who has major bling is my jeweler's wife. No need to explain there. And she has 3 boys, so no girls to pass it on to!!!! :cry:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1384261043|3555036 said:
Guilty! Funny thing it is in a Brady pump class too where I've been shamelessly leering. She is always three people away but she has what I would guess to be 2.5 ct... I'm dying to see the setting but she is not friendly with the rest of us in the class even though she's been in our class a while now... So as I pass her at the weight rack I try and sneak a glance. I'm sure she thinks I'm a freak.

There's also a woman who does body pump in her halo :-o She wear fingerless gloves... But that would give me heartburn!

:-o what the heck? Spell check is the puts! That should say BODY not Brady... Holy schmoly!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1384280955|3555253 said:

:-o what the heck? Spell check is the puts! That should say BODY not Brady... Holy schmoly!

Omg. Same here, a woman who does body pump with her halo. Do u do body pump in SAn francisco financial district??

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1384282978|3555285 said:
Mayk|1384280955|3555253 said:

Omg. Same here, a woman who does body pump with her halo. Do u do body pump in SAn francisco financial district??

Florida... So there is more than one crazy out there!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1384279086|3555231 said:
LLJsmom|1384235958|3554920 said:

I'm DYING laughing! :lol: :lol: :lol: Because she sounds like a woman I used to do TRX with at my old gym. She had awesome boobs too. :love: TOTALLY fake, but fantastic nonetheless.

I CANNOT wear my bling at the gym. My hand are torn up from dead lifts. My gym is more of a cross fit type gym anyway. If I were on a stair stepper or something, I might flash a little bling! I don't see anyone else wearing any either.

The other woman whose bling I admire is the one who works at the counter at my old gym. I have actually partied with her and boobie monster. They are awesome. This woman has at LEAST a 3 carat RBC on one hand, a 3 carat diamond pendant, and like 3 other rings on that have to total at least 7 carats on her fingers. Insane.

She uses my jeweler too and he told me that she will sometimes bring the setting back, say she doesn't like it, and have him make something totally different after wearing it for a few weeks. :lol:

And another one who has major bling is my jeweler's wife. No need to explain there. And she has 3 boys, so no girls to pass it on to!!!! :cry:

Omg. Talking about disposable income... Does that other lady want to adopt me?? Im a girl. I'll gladly take those sparkly off her hands. ;-)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny day, first I don't know what scrummiest means and now Phat or deets????

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
I'll never forget the first time I ever saw the largest, blingiest eternity (looked 6+ carats) in real life from across the airport years ago. I've seen some huge diamonds but this band of diamonds was breathtaking. The woman's fingers were bent, lifting up one of her sons and you could see these large diamonds going all the way around. My focus zoomed out from the ring to the woman and she was so Charlie--like the Charlie and Enjoli perfume ads.

The Enjoli jingle was so catchy--...she brings home the bacon, fries it up in the pan...because she's a woman...Enjoli....

She was so elegant and put together--30s to 40s age group, perfect flowing brunette hair, tailored blazer, and a brief case flung over her shoulder. She only had a slight furrow on her brow as she was lifting one son up and trying to keep her second toddler close. It was like she stepped out of an ad--perfect business woman, mother, wife... she brings home the bacon, fries it up in the pan, and wears great bling so that you'll never forget she's a woman....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1384302111|3555494 said:

Hi April, sorry I was so colloquial. (sp?)

PHAT - excellent, cool, tempting, pretty
When I looked it up in the urban dictionary, it said that the word is no longer in, or cool, very 90s. Well, that would make sense since I was in college in the early 90s, and my memory was still pretty decent then. This word has been stored in my long term memory, so I still use it. This would be different from the things I forget on a day to day basis now, due to senior moments. :lol:

Deets - short for details

It's so funny because I'm ranting about misuses of the English language and rampant grammatical errors. Here I am, taking all these liberties with the English language. Shame on me! :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish there weren't so many mirrors around. :oops: :lol:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I live in small town. Usually if I want to see bling, I have to look at my own. :lol: I got all excited one day when I thought I saw a 2ct well-cut diamond. But the longer I looked at it, the more convinced I became that it was a 8mm Moissanite set in a very nice platinum solitaire. Still, that is awesome for this place.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
On my cruise in September during the emergency drill we had to line up next to a group of aussie women who were on a quick vacation. They were blinged and branded out. I just remember for one of the woman had on:
-Fendi Shoes
-Hermes bag!!!!!!!
-10 diamond love bracelet
-Tiffany silver bracelet
-At least a 10ct tennis bracelet
-several diamond bangles
-Huge diamond pendant arond 3 cts I'm guessing
- Huge 3 stone ering- i'm guessing 6-8 carats total

The rest were just as blinged out but the stack of bracelets with the Love really caught my eye. I have never seen anyone else in RL with one.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the education!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The garden of our house backs onto the garden of an absolutely massive mansion house. When I had my first daughter, I was befriended by the lady from there whilst out walking with the pram in the cold. She has a gobstopper of a RB engagement ring :shock: She invited me round for coffee monthly from then on, plus 'pops in' unannounced to mine sometimes, (usually when I have washing everywhere, toys scattered & haven't wiped the hob down), but it was a good 2 years before I felt I could ask about her ring. It is 5.25 carats, F colour, VVS1. She produced paperwork from the safe - its a Cartier. And one day.... She let me TRY IT ON :lickout: It felt like it weighed 50 pounds! And she still to this day catches me rudely oggling it :lol:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, not a stranger but my boss is seriously blinged out. 2ct stud in each ear. Massive ER that I still haven't worked up enough courage to ask the stats on but looks over 3ct. I stare at it every chance I get. She talks with her hands too :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1384361059|3555795 said:
On my cruise in September during the emergency drill we had to line up next to a group of aussie women who were on a quick vacation. They were blinged and branded out. I just remember for one of the woman had on:
-Fendi Shoes
-Hermes bag!!!!!!!
-Tiffany silver bracelet
-several diamond bangles

The rest were just as blinged out but the stack of bracelets with the Love really caught my eye. I have never seen anyone else in RL with one.

Really, all on one person?? That many love bracelets on one arm? Whoa...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1384376378|3555924 said:
The garden of our house backs onto the garden of an absolutely massive mansion house. When I had my first daughter, I was befriended by the lady from there whilst out walking with the pram in the cold. She has a gobstopper of a RB engagement ring :shock: She invited me round for coffee monthly from then on, plus 'pops in' unannounced to mine sometimes, (usually when I have washing everywhere, toys scattered & haven't wiped the hob down), but it was a good 2 years before I felt I could ask about her ring. It is 5.25 carats, F colour, VVS1. She produced paperwork from the safe - its a Cartier. And one day.... She let me TRY IT ON :lickout: It felt like it weighed 50 pounds! And she still to this day catches me rudely oggling it :lol:

Omg, you tried it on? I just looked up a 5 carat E VVS1 on blue nile, $337k. I would have loved to see that in person.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1384377136|3555929 said:
Well, not a stranger but my boss is seriously blinged out. 2ct stud in each ear. Massive ER that I still haven't worked up enough courage to ask the stats on but looks over 3ct. I stare at it every chance I get. She talks with her hands too :bigsmile:

OMG. I would never be able to focus at meetings. I would be like I was at the optometrist, when he tells you to follow the finger with your eyes!! :lol: seriously!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this SA at Tiffany who only wore diamond bands stacked up to her knuckle. I am ashamed to say I loved it. I just looked like she didn't give it any thought and wore whatever she liked. It was fabulous Ina completely I don't even give it a second thought kind of way.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1384393107|3556097 said:
-Fendi Shoes
-Hermes bag!!!!!!!
-Tiffany silver bracelet
-several diamond bangles

I *think* she meant the Love bracelet with 10 diamonds on it... ;))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1384447010|3556381 said:
LLJsmom|1384393107|3556097 said:
-Fendi Shoes
-Hermes bag!!!!!!!
-Tiffany silver bracelet
-several diamond bangles

I *think* she meant the Love bracelet with 10 diamonds on it... ;))

:lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emproctor2986|1384262002|3555048 said:
In Washington DC I saw a woman at the Smithsonian admiring the jewelry near me. She had the most beautiful square emerald cut diamond set in a platinum bezel. I didn't get a picture of it :cheeky:

However I did snap some (bad) pictures of the other jewels!

These are amazing!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday at the museum with my little ones I saw the most fabulous bling on a woman next to us. I'm guessing a 3.5ct round brilliant in classic Tiffany setting. A huge tennis bracelet - the stones were at least 30 points each but quiet possibly .5ct+. A Cartier Tank and huge diamond stud earrings. And she totally pulled it off.

And.... I snuck a quick picture of her left hand while I was taking a pic of my boys. And then emailed it to my husband. :oops:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1384318425|3555638 said:
AprilBaby|1384302111|3555494 said:

Hi April, sorry I was so colloquial. (sp?)

PHAT - excellent, cool, tempting, pretty
When I looked it up in the urban dictionary, it said that the word is no longer in, or cool, very 90s. Well, that would make sense since I was in college in the early 90s, and my memory was still pretty decent then. This word has been stored in my long term memory, so I still use it. This would be different from the things I forget on a day to day basis now, due to senior moments. :lol:

Deets - short for details

It's so funny because I'm ranting about misuses of the English language and rampant grammatical errors. Here I am, taking all these liberties with the English language. Shame on me! :)

Oh! I just assumed that Phat was a mis-typing of plat!

And to say that something is scrummy in the UK is very common. It's from "scrumptious", meaning yummy, delightful, etc. I just looked up "scrumptious" in my American Merriam Webster dictionary and it's there. But maybe "scrumptious" is not commonly used here?

Language is so time-specific/age-specific. Some of the things my 21-year-old niece says, we just have no idea what she's saying. It sounds like gibberish to us. For example, she went on a course, and when she texted us, she said, "The course is sick." We were like, "Oh no, that's terrible. How many have come down with it, and what's the matter with everyone?" We just assumed she meant that people on the course were sick. Never in a million years could be have imagined that the word "sick" had been requisitioned to mean something utterly different - i.e. "great", "wonderful".

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1384575383|3557458 said:
Yesterday at the museum with my little ones I saw the most fabulous bling on a woman next to us. I'm guessing a 3.5ct round brilliant in classic Tiffany setting. A huge tennis bracelet - the stones were at least 30 points each but quiet possibly .5ct+. A Cartier Tank and huge diamond stud earrings. And she totally pulled it off.

And.... I snuck a quick picture of her left hand while I was taking a pic of my boys. And then emailed it to my husband. :oops:

Rosebloom, could you post that pic? Would love to see it!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen so many really HUGE diamonds IRL b/c I go to fairs and auctions quite a bit! :twirl:

However, as far as large bling on an actual person, the largest I've even seen is prob a 25-30ct MRB on a tiny woman's hand at our Amer Club. That thing was soooooo HUUUUUGE it was eye-popping and all you could see was the ring and nothing else. So she may have had large earrings, bangles and an expensive watch on but all I could focus on was her ring. And she was a really good sports, she turned round when she caught me trying to catch a glimpse, so her ring was directly facing me. Actually, the club is a really good place to hang out and admire bling, I've often seen larger earrings about 4-6ct each, rings of easily 7-9ct. One woman had a beautiful large EC ring whilst she was just casually eating by the pool with her kids, and another had on what must have been antique b/c it was larger but warmer (like a yummy ivory) colour. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results