• Keep bezel

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Take off bezel add prongs

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love polls! Ok, I want to either send my ring back after the holidays or keep it. Many of you have followed my journey. I fell in love with a setting done by Mark Broumand, that was done with a diamond that virtually had my same dimensions. But my setting just doesn’t look like the inspiration. I was thinking the trapezoids still could be smaller, but don’t want to send it back and have them lose more carat weight yet again. I have always felt the traps overwhelm the center a bit. So, I’m thinking of just removing the bezels and making it a traditional five a stone setting. That would reduce the size of the traps. Thoughts? Will it take away from the art deco look and will it make all of the diamonds just blend together with no distinction? Thanks so much!

Current setting: EBFF3A7D-103D-4769-8976-86A00BB8815F.jpeg C8BF416C-68E3-41E7-85F6-1400445EAB11.jpeg
No bezel:https://www.leonmege.com/portfolio/...-stone-ring-2-46-carat-emerald-diamond-detail

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not a fan of the bezel so I say try the prongs.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE (and covet!) your EC so much. I've been following your journey and it seems pretty clear that the current setting is not doing it for you -- it's good that you are being honest about that now! I think removing the bezels would give you the look you are going for and make your EC stand out even more. I say do it!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Removing bezels would make the traps smaller. Gives it a different look. But the current look isn't really art deco anyway. The stones kinda run together now because the bezel isn't around the center diamond, which is the only way to make the center stone stand out more.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted to take off the bezel and go with prongs. The current setting is gorgeous but I relate to your dislike.

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Just to clarify, would the bullets stay bezeled, or would you also prong them?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just to clarify, would the bullets stay bezeled, or would you also prong them?
The bezel is so very tiny on the bullets but I would still remove it... make it just like the Leon Mege video. I think my biggest question for all the PSers is, will the diamonds “blend” together too much if I remove the bezel. Probably hard to really predict:twisted2:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVE (and covet!) your EC so much. I've been following your journey and it seems pretty clear that the current setting is not doing it for you -- it's good that you are being honest about that now! I think removing the bezels would give you the look you are going for and make your EC stand out even more. I say do it!!
Thank you so much... I love my EC too! I guess that’s why I am wavering on this darn setting so much, I want the star to be the EC

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
I would remove the bezel as it's not pleasing for you. I think if you do so it may help your eye focus on the centre stone more also, so the side stones will then act as sidekicks to the main actor.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
btw.

Why do you need the bullets?

The Emerald cut and traps seem quite enough, with or without the bezels.

2c

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
btw.

Why do you need the bullets?

The Emerald cut and traps seem quite enough, with or without the bezels.

I might as well keep them because I payed for them;)2 maybe without the bezel divide they will show up more

2c

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted remove the bezels, I think it will give you the look you are going for. IMO the diamonds won't run together and I think your EC will stand out more. I adore your diamond and this style of setting, it's fabulous :love: I say go for it!

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would love for more PSers so chime in! Will give Mark an update soon as to which direction going. Leaning towards no bezel:twisted2:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Voted for no bezel as I have followed your journey and ‘something’ is bugging you about the current setting.
In the example of the Leon Mege I do not find it blends too much?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chiming in to vote for removing the bezels. I think it will allow your EC to be the star of the show. :love:

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Voted for no bezel as I have followed your journey and ‘something’ is bugging you about the current setting.
In the example of the Leon Mege I do not find it blends too much?
Thanks so much! I love it in the Leon video but as I have come to learn, like with my current setting, things look different in person. Something has been bugging me... size of traps or bezel. ... not sure. Just didn’t turn out as inspiration ring. Last time I try to copy something exact!! Btw... are you voted for no bezel because it bugs me or you like it better?

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I already weighed in haha but I neglected to say that I also like the no bezel look better. That Leon ring is gorgeous! With your current setting, I think the bezels contribute to the traps blending in with your EC to a certain degree. I don't think that would happen with the no bezel setting. Removing the bezels would make the traps look smaller, and that would make them blend less, not more.

Anyway, good luck!! Excited for more pics of your ring either way :D

EvaEvans

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I dislike the mismatch: all bezels or all prongs, not mixed, in my opinion.
I also agree that the bullets are too much.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why you didn't craft your ring with Leon Mege?
I originally fell in love with Mark’s design. I loved the bezel, and the bullets but my diamond just didn’t look as his inspiration did. So now I’m just trying to modify.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll chime in, I too think if you remove the bezel you will have a ring much more to your liking. I like the Merge ring, if you can get that look I thnk you will be thrilled (I would be :) )

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for removing the bezel.
But if it was my ring (in my dream!), I’d bezel the center stone too =)2

Ditto. I love the all bezel look. But if that’s out I’d go all prongs. I agree that mixing them seems strange and may be why the center isn’t standing out as much since bezelling does tend to emphasize the side stones by comparison

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ditto. I love the all bezel look. But if that’s out I’d go all prongs. I agree that mixing them seems strange and may be why the center isn’t standing out as much since bezelling does tend to emphasize the side stones by comparison
I think you hit the nail on the head.... the bezel is actually making the traps stand out, ugh, just what I didn’t want. My EC is so pretty, I don’t want anything to muddle it So I am going for no bezels around anything.

EC8

Shiny_Rock
My vote is neither.
Your ring is gorgeous, but is sounds like you want the EC to be the star and the side stones are significant enough in size to become part of the silhouette/blend together when viewing from a distance. Maybe you would prefer a solitaire with accent stones (no wider than the band) v.s. a five stone ring?

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My vote is neither.
Your ring is gorgeous, but is sounds like you want the EC to be the star and the side stones are significant enough in size to become part of the silhouette/blend together when viewing from a distance. Maybe you would prefer a solitaire with accent stones (no wider than the band) v.s. a five stone ring?
I think I really want to work with what I have, since I did pay quite a lot for this current setting. If down the line I want to change it to a solitaire I have that option, but I really do love the five stone setting look! I just need to tweak it a bit, but thank you for your suggestions=)2

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know I'm late to the party, but since I have been involved since the beginning, I wanted to take a backseat and see what other people have to say! I voted to remove them.
I think after all is said and done, you'll be happier if you remove the bezels. I really like the Leon ring a lot! I think it's very beautiful and classic-looking. If you can modify your existing setting without it costing you much, then I would say you should start there and see how you feel. If you're still not happy, then you can regroup and decide if you want to scale down the traps, remove the bullets or go solitaire (hopefully, you won't have to!).
You had mentioned to me that you were afraid to lose the shape of your EC. I think the only way to really maintain that shape, visually, is to go soli or keep the side stones small or narrow (baguettes of one shape or another). I also had this dilemma...but I happen to love your set of traps and I like the bullets along side of them. You get great finger coverage! Once you remove the bezels, your side stones will appear to be smaller.
If the stones are properly angled so that they're not lined up right next to each other, then you'll see definition, you'll see the shape of your EC, and they won't be just one big blur of bling. :)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
It seems to me that the bezels are on their way out.

I couldn't say I dislike them on old rings (WWW & a few more nearby) - there is a sort of disconnect with the main, prong-held stone, which attracts attention like an itch...

The AOP 5-stone is light & airy & itch-less !

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Blingalingaling never too late to join the party! I completely agree with you. Removing the bezels seems to be the logical way right now to help my EC be center stage. I don’t want to waste the traps and bullets so for now I will work from here! Praying it all goes well and doesn’t blend like a band of 5 diamonds:snore: I will of course keep you updated!!

@AV_ thanks for your thoughts! You think bezels are out if style or mine are out? Just curious:) I am leaning towards removing mine. The ring you posted is beautiful with the side stones delicately bezeled.

This process has been stressful for sure and taken way too long. At the same time it has given me a good outlet! I have a special needs child and talking about bling every now and again with all you PSers is so fun:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results