shape
carat
color
clarity

Bestie wants a Spess. Please help!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've created a monster! After very much enjoying the spinel ring I gave her bestie now wants to buy a spess.

She'd like a clear bright orange stone about 2 carats. Please help her PSers. I would never buy a spess so I have no idea where I'd buy one or what's a good one.

I'll send her all the links!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fanta orange please!

Round, cushion, oval. Things we can get a stock setting for.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The gem traders recent new stones drop had one.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gem traders recent new stones drop had one.

Sold unfortunately!

Do let me know if you guys run into any!

I saw a lovely one already made into a ring but at 7cts it was too big for her. Lol you ladies would have totally rocked it!

I need to send @ChaiK over to slap some sense into her! :lol:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
haha yup I have definitely learnt that from you!

You'd be proud today! I wore jeans and giant jade rings to my kid's book parade!

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Two beautiful big flowers. I absolutely love them. So green! And the purple is so lovely. Well, you know me. I would drink up any purple jadeite.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sending them all to her. She likes this reddy orange colour and is always buying dresses in that colour. Definately not brown though. I think a bright orange red but not brown.

She likes fanta too. She's into orange :lol:

The colour of an actual orange would be good too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sending them all to her. She likes this reddy orange colour and is always buying dresses in that colour. Definately not brown though. I think a bright orange red but not brown.

She likes fanta too. She's into orange :lol:

The colour of an actual orange would be good too.

The root beer brown ones are plain old spessartites, not mandarin or Fanta, so the prices should be very inexpensive. There are coppery colored ones as well, not as dark as root beer brown, almost like a Madeira citrine color.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
The root beer brown ones are plain old spessartites, not mandarin or Fanta, so the prices should be very inexpensive. There are coppery colored ones as well, not as dark as root beer brown, almost like a Madeira citrine color.

No, in real life, they are definitely bright reddish orange. I would’ve returned it if it were brown.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, in real life, they are definitely bright reddish orange. I would’ve returned it if it were brown.
I would definitely consider ones from master cut if I were her. They seem amazing in pics and definitely not brown. But not fanta orange at all, so it depends on what OPs friend wants.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Can u show her the diff colors and see what calls to her? Or did she already see before deciding on ‘clear bright orange’?

Reference pics would help take some guess work out of this.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous heart!!:love:

That’s a Fanta!!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes that orange @ChaiK!!! Perfect shade! But only 2 to 3 carats! She isn't used to big honking rings like us :lol:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
C7599778-D2D2-46F4-AC36-80325124F5BE.jpeg
As asked for, I somehow made a proper photo after 5 shots. :lol-2:

@T L please let us know what we should be looking for by using this as an example. I am still learning and it is much appreciated. (Of course, you don’t have to.)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results