shape
carat
color
clarity

Avoid etsy seller diamondandlove

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to give etsy seller a chance and I try to be pretty reasonable... however after waiting 1 month for my eternity band... this is what was sent!... I asked for a refund... seller stated 70%!!! horrible product, I returned the item delivered back to them at my cost 3 days ago, seller unresponsive, and also Etsy! escalating with Etsy got no where... last resort is Paypal... Several Emeralds had chips/guages in them, and also poorly formed bezel! and super tall for this kind of ring!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/diamondandlove
Anyways... Hope this helps others!...
upload_2019-5-14_20-4-5.png

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Oh that's awful! How disappointing. Also not happy to hear Etsy not responsive! I buy there frequently in good faith. Did seller have good reviews?

Reactions: D&T

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I frequent Etsy a lot for rings and fine jewelry. There are shops that have really good policies and I try to avoid any shops with multiple 1 star reviews on their customer service. I just checked out the shop and it seemed like they had some complaints about the quality of the product and the seller responsiveness.

I am really sorry to hear that your first Etsy purchase turned out like this! Very disappointed that Etsy is not responding to you :nono: I would definitely open a PayPal dispute, if you purchased with your credit card you can also call them up to see if it's possble for a charge back?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, how awful @D&T, I'm sorry you had this happen. That sucks and boo to that seller/vendor.:nono: Thank you for letting everyone here know. I hope you get a full refund and if necessary can do a charge back on your PayPal account.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! Etsy just told seller that they have to provide proof of refund otherwise account suspension, but no additional documentation of when or how long they can take, so I went to Paypal. Oh well live and learn...:(2 but on a happier note... should have a couple of fun new pieces elsewhere :mrgreen2:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's awful! How disappointing. Also not happy to hear Etsy not responsive! I buy there frequently in good faith. Did seller have good reviews?
They did, and one actually was a good type of "return" review.

Basically vendor wanted to 'buy' my review off with "remove the review and I will provide 70% refund"? basically I said provide refund and I will update my review... then nothing.:???:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They did, and one actually was a good type of "return" review.

Basically vendor wanted to 'buy' my review off with "remove the review and I will provide 70% refund"? basically I said provide refund and I will update my review... then nothing.:???:

Are you kidding me???? :x2

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well.... 6 days later nothing from Etsy or seller. The process with PayPal is a bit long as well... but I’m hopeful will be turned around another 8 days:roll vendor has the ring and my money:angryfire:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: got a message from Etsy, stating they have suspended seller account, however, any payments made via paypal, buyers must go directly to paypal as the funds are not housed with etsy. any payment is direct paypal to seller. Just an FYI, otherwise if paid via credit card through esty they can intervene.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After all this hassle... incompetent all around... So Seller provide a refund of 70% as they only needed to show an image of paypal transaction to get their account back to active... but seller ended up sending me money and NOT using the "Refund" button on paypal... which charged me an additional fee (as if I was a seller) but Esty offered $25 credit to reimburse me for the fee.. I ended up cancelling the dispute with Paypal... to move on, my angst with this seller is done... oh well, live and learn. But PSer's Beware! :eek2: of diamondandlove.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about your experience with Etsy. I hope you let Etsy know that the shop tried to extort a review out of you, that is totally against Ety's TOU.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m evil, I wouldn’t have cancelled the PayPal dispute.
PayPal would have found in your favor and because the other 70% payment wasn’t sent to you as a refund, you’d have that as well! Ha ha, you’d send it back - eventually....
The seller did it that way to avoid a “ping” with PayPal and with Etsy. I’d still send Etsy the information relating to them trying to “blackmail” you. Platforms like Etsy only continue to exist if it’s a safe environment for buyers, if buyers are being blackmailed, bullied whathaveyou, Etsy needs to know.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone, just warning everyone to avoid. I did think about the paypal and keeping the dispute there, I just wanted it all to go away.

Etsy is still useless I feel. Etsy did provide a $25 credit for the hassle, but I'm over it now... I've lost on a lot of other things in life, just wanted to move on. Etsy sees all communication they didn't care. Hopefully PSers' don't go to them, they could also change their shop name I'm sure to avoid being searched on this negative review.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results